Robroy Industries, Inc. Employee Reviews

Featured review
Robroy Industries, Inc. selected this as a representative review
Impressive Company
Controller (Current Employee) –  Gilmer, TXNovember 16, 2016
This is an impressive company! Very professional environment with great diversity among the employees. Lots of opportunities at many levels throughout the organization. There is an emphasis on self-managed performance which is effective and refreshing for folks who are motivated. The people are very friendly. There are so many employees who have been here for years (some for decades) -- that says a lot about a company! Senior management is very engaged and driven to succeed!
Pros
Professional environment; Great benefits
Workplace
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Gilmer, TXJanuary 23, 2019
The workplace of Robroy Industries was different for me because I wasn’t used to working in conditions like that. Robroy was a great place for me in general because it gave me a lil experience.
Pros
Good people to work with
Cons
Short breaks
Toxic work envirnoment
n/a (Former Employee) –  Belding, MIMarch 4, 2018
Front office staff regularly pitted against hourly manufacturing staff. Management not committed to EEO policies or advancement opportunities. Safety was a top priority.
Sink or Swim
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Gilmer, TXJuly 6, 2017
Robroy is an interesting company to work for. I love the culture, and their product is, also, very interesting. There were a few things asked of me that ended up being pretty stressful, because of lack of proper explanation. Everyone I worked with was professional, and nice. They tell you up front that they are slow to hire, and quick to fire. They are looking for "keepers" not warm bodies. The most enjoyable part of the job for me, was my teammate in Inside Sales. It kind of felt like "us against the world." Also, I loved getting to dress business professional! The hardest part of the job for me was stress. Inside sales was like 5 jobs in 1. In my opinion, there were some duties in inside sales that shouldn't have been in that department. However the money was pretty good! They give you plenty of opportunities to get raises, and reward hard work. Management was pretty awesome! I enjoyed not being micro-managed, as much. The HR ladies are super sweet, too! Overall, pretty good place to work, if you catch on quickly, and like to work hard.
Pros
Pay, Great Team, Interesting Product, Challenging, Culture/Dress
Cons
Stress, At times Overwhelming
good work hours
Bender operator (Former Employee) –  Avinger, TXJune 5, 2017
Everyone was great and easy to work for. At the plant I worked at they had outdated equipment but still got the work done that needed to be done. Pay could've been better.
Pros
great family type environment
Cons
pay
Not what they claim to be
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Gilmer, TXMay 30, 2017
At first the job looked very promising as this company has a great track record but once you're hired the truth comes out. The management team is all about themselves and they aren't willing to help you.
Robroy Industries is a great company to work for. They take care of the employees by keeping a safe environment and very competitive pay to the worker
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Gilmer, TXJanuary 17, 2017
Robroy Industries provides great compensation for the type of work and cheap healthcare and have a very safe work environment.
Current Employee
HR Manager (Current Employee) –  Gilmer, TXNovember 16, 2016
I have been on board as a new associate for a short time but my experience has been pretty impressive. The management team seems to really care about the associates and the overall morale of the organization. I am very thankful for the great compensation and the benefit package. Overall, great company to work for, with high standards, so if you are looking to work for a company that will have you on the constant pursuit for challenging work, this is the place for you!
Pros
Great benefits and highly compensated
Cons
No a working enviroment I would reccomend
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Gilmer, TXMarch 30, 2016
A typical day would be supervising the union employees and scheduling the production of product. I learned that if you have reservations about taking a job be careful. Management does not care about the employees mostly the production employees. The hardest part of the job was dealing with upper management. Working with the production employees.
Pros
working with the production employees
Cons
Upper managment
Up and Down
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Gilmer, TXJuly 5, 2015
Job good starting out, then slowed down alot. No chance for advancement. Changes your schedule and shift you work with no warning.
Pros
when busy, you get to work
Cons
employee treatment
competitive place to work
Customer service Representative (Former Employee) –  Gilmer, TXMarch 12, 2015
I loved my job and all the duties that went with it. Management was so competitive and did not take responsibility for anything. The benefits are awesome, but does not make up for the lack of family time. This company is more suited to individuals who can work 24/7 and do not have families or obligations.
Great Product, Extremely High Turnover
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  TexasDecember 21, 2014
This is a company that produces a top of the line product, none better. But it has an insanely high turn over. The people are great but upper management has issues. Since 2011 they have gone through at least 4 plant managers.
One of the statements upper management loves to make is "leave your ego at the door", they need to take their own advice.
Pros
The rank and file employees, above average pay.
Cons
Insane turnover rate.
Robroy
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Belding, MIJuly 30, 2014
I enjoy working in factory setting it gives me satisfaction I have 25 plus yrs in factories
CNC Programing and Machine operations.
Production Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 10, 2014
I started as a machine operator and was a shop foreman when the company decided to relocate.
Good job opportunity in Gilmer, TX
Anoynomous (Current Employee) –  Gilmer, TXApril 2, 2014
High standards, good benefits, professional environment, friendly co-workers. Very busy and fast-paced, something new everyday.
Pros
Benefits, compensation
Cons
Stringent
Unexpected company in the quiet small town of Gilmer, Texas
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Gilmer, TXApril 2, 2014
I have been working at Robroy Industries full-time for more than a year

Pros –
* Great compensation for all associates - very competitive with the area
* Highly professional
* Career oriented, not just a job
* Goal driven, they push you to help unlock your own potential

Cons –
* Can have too high of expectations at times
* Stress can be a factor - goes with the expectations; little room for error
* Workload can sometimes be a bit overwhelming
Produces an extremely great product but the work place is over the top stressful.
Methods Analyst (Former Employee) –  Gilmer, TXNovember 14, 2013
There are some very good people that work here but management treats them poorly. They make a superior product while demanding perfection regardless of the extreme temperatures that are worked in. Preaches integrity and honesty but do not practice what they preach.
Pros
Better than average pay and bennifts
Cons
Very very high turn over
Working for this company was eventful. I enjoyed working with and getting to know my fellow coworkers.
laborer/Operator (Former Employee) –  Gilmer, TXAugust 12, 2013
Company had its good qualities and bad. Management could have been better.
workplace very up tight
Paint Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Gilmer, TXMay 31, 2013
not sure that if you make an mistake you will be let go.
do not have time for mistakes
look out for themselves
try to make it threw the day
making threw a day work without being let go
Pros
n/a
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Robroy Industries, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Robroy Industries, Inc. Reviews by Location