Roca Inc Employee Reviews

Great Entry level location
Transitional Relationship (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 14, 2019
You will learn a lot and give a lot. You need to apply yourself and learn the model to be fruitful working here. Come with an open mind and ready to put in the time to be great.
Roca
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Lynn, MAFebruary 21, 2019
A very well recovery center. Very helpful and supportive. Everyone deserves a second chance. Thanks Roca for your innovative and compassionate approach.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Short braek
Very good place to go if you are having trouble keeping a job and need to learn life skills.
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Chelsea, MADecember 11, 2018
Roca is a program that helps young adults who can’t keep a job and lack knowledge of basic life skills. Roca helps young troubled men learn life skills to make it in the community, & also gives them a part time job to get use to working.
Pros
Free lunches, set schedule, good management
Cons
No benefits, not enough hours, short days
Good
Crew (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MASeptember 4, 2018
It’s a great place to grow as a individual you can get help with schooling and branching out as a person but it’s for young mothers and guys that were inconcerated
Pros
Lunches, ged help etc
great work place
Employment Specialist/TR3 Youth Worker (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAAugust 28, 2018
Have been working here for about a year; its a good job and it has room for advancement aslong as you work hard and don't slack off. The only down fall as with many human service jobs is you always have work to take home with you.
Not a good place to work
Youth Worker (Former Employee) –  Chelsea, MAJuly 31, 2018
Not much to say about ROCA. They work you to the ground and you do not get paid enough. You don't get incentives and they are not considerate of your needs.
Productice positive workimg enviroement
Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 9, 2018
It was ok for the most part they offered a lot of licenses and opportunities to become anything you want it's up to you to strive for that , it's a small organization out here in Boston that helps the youth
handy man
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAJune 21, 2018
im a handy man loved what I did for the company . I want take my skills to a company with growth an general labor . I like to be on my feet an kept busy everyday there was something new to learn an also do .
Productive, teaches you tons of skills
Crew Worker (Former Employee) –  Chelsea, MAJune 9, 2018
It's a very productive job, tons of different jobs within the job sites. You go to different cities every day so your not always stuck doing one job there's tons of options.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Educational but low progress
General Laborer (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAJune 7, 2018
General custodial maintenance to begin the day.Jobs such as painting and building maintenance,appliance replacements(televisions,billboards,etc).Lunch at 11:30 and clock out at 3pm.
Transitional program for young men
Crew (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAApril 9, 2018
be on time.
report to crew supervisor/ manager.
work as a group.
ask questions if you don't know.
lunch is most enjoyable.
finishing strong is hard but we get the job done.
clock out.
Pros
learning new material
Cons
limited hours
This was Americorp
Senior Corp Member (Former Employee) –  Chelsea, MAApril 5, 2018
I'mpretty sure this company isn't around anymore, but I'm not sure as I don't really travel to that area anymore. It was a great place for the youth in the community.
Pros
fun enviroment
Cons
Stipend for pay
Work Crew Subcontractor (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAMarch 10, 2018
Roca ink is a good place to work for youth ages 17-24 who are dealing with some struggles in their lives. They get you licenses and teach positive lessons in programs in roca.
fun and lots of opportunity
Work Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Springfield massMarch 9, 2018
this transitional program is a great place to start a part time landscaping job opportunity also very beneficial with certifications and work history if you never worked before great place to start a new life .
Pros
free lunch
Cons
long breaks that tire you out
Temporary placement program
Work Crew Subcontractor (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAJanuary 9, 2018
Helped me get my forklift licence and helped with trade skills that I can use and any job. would recommend to anybody. Helped with employment and with references.
fun social career building
Door to Door sales business to business (Former Employee) –  Chelsea, MAJuly 15, 2017
this non profit organization brought a lot of knowledge ad career building benefits while working there.
I had the opertunity to learn to build teams to manage teams. Aswell as coordinate events. they have good benefits and they are family oriented.
At Work
Assistant Director of Safety and Crisis Management (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAFebruary 17, 2017
Very fast paced and environment working with high risk youth ages 17-24. The participants are relentlessly outreached with the sole purpose of encouraging to change their lives for the positive. Constant use of CBT in all aspects of outreach and programming facilitation. Regular skills reviews and training updates.
Community partner relationship building as well as relationship building with law enforcement.
Pros
Very rewarding work
Great Experience
Crew Member/Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Springfield MaOctober 21, 2015
ROCAInc is a great place to learn and experience to jobs titles. I learn a necessity of great work experience. The are Connected to Springfield Park and Recreation. We have painting and landscaping jobs. We learn to Cook and Sensitize a kitchen.
Great Team!
TR3 Youth Worker (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAAugust 5, 2015
Everyday I relentlessly outreach to high risk young men ages 17-24 to get them to engage in programming that can assist them to advance their personal and professional lives.
Partipants have the ability to receive certifications and network with community partners to greater their opportunity to attain and sustain living wage employment in order to decrease recidivism.
At Roca, I learn everyday from working along side participants, a team of youth workers, management and work crew's creative ways to manage personal and professional life through having hard intentional conversations.
We work as a team at Roca. That is the more enjoyable part about being employed there. Working cohesively with each part of the team is essential to the success of the young people. Without proper team building and communication reaching success is impossible.
The most difficult part about working at Roca is dealing with the failure of participants. These high risk young men have a lot of barriers and involvement in activities that can and will land them back in jail or even worse, leading to their death. Again, relentlessly having those hard intentional conversations is what leads to behavior change to increase the likelihood of failure occurring.
The more enjoyable part of the job is working with very bright and smart young people. In my optimism, I see the endless potential in each and every one of them. Everyday I am granted the opportunity to help them tap into that potential for the possibility at a better life. Working at Roca with the team and for these young men is a privilege
  more... I am grateful to have.  less
A place to help futher young mens life
Youth Worker (Former Employee) –  Chelsea, MAMarch 1, 2015
Help you men get the needed skills to obtain a hold employment. Help them with education and also help with court involment.