Roche Bros Supermarkets Employee Reviews

All About Location
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Millis, MAAugust 8, 2019
Worked for the company in one location for ~9 1/2 years and enjoyed most days. A first job out of high school that allowed me to advance both laterally and up. Pay was decent, guaranteed a raise every year during annual reviews for the first 6 years or if you reached the pay cap. Management and team were generally great and easy to get along with both in and out of the work place at first location. Transferred to a different location after moving to a different state and promptly resigned. Second location had horrific management, shifts, and lack of staff. Direct and store management was incredibly inept and worked only to their benefit.
Great starting job
Front End Cashier (Former Employee) –  Needham, MAJuly 9, 2019
If you are a kid and looking for a first job to make some decent money in the summer this is a good job for you, good managers, you get lunch breaks and normal breaks depending on the hours you work
Fun job but not flexible with the schedule
Floral Designer (Former Employee) –  Natick, MAJune 25, 2019
I enjoyed the job but there were many times where i had asked to change availability and was not allowed causing me to be late to some shifts. This ended up to get me fired not because of work performance.
Neighborhood store, neighborhood people
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Millis, MAMay 31, 2019
Work was good. There were a lot of cooks in the kitchen and everybody thought their way was the best. I found that if I just did all the cleaning, I would have a good day.
Roches
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Natick, MAMay 29, 2019
I work in the kitchen which I have gathered a lot of culinary knowledge from. Its a fun working environment and has helped me a lot with customer service. The management is fair and very easy to work with if there is a problem with your schedule.
Pros
easy pace
Cons
commute
not plerasant working environment
Front End Supervisor (Former Employee) –  West Roxbury, MAApril 14, 2019
never enough help very stressful and demanding situation very little help or support from management It was not a pleasant working environment. It didn't seem like management cared what went on as long as work got done
Productive and enjoyable place to work.
E-Commerce Associate (Current Employee) –  Quincy, MAApril 4, 2019
I come in to work and shop order of customers. I have learned a lot about communication and how to properly shop. I have a great relationship with any of the managers I have ever had.
long shifts, and serious place to work.
bagger and cashier (Former Employee) –  Wellesley, MAMarch 31, 2019
The most enjoyable thing was meeting new people on the job and learning a new skill. I was trained as a bagger and then quickly moved on to a cashier level position which I really enjoyed. The customers were very gracious and appreciative of the job I was doing. The hours were pretty long but we did receive breaks which was great. The hardest part of the job was learning all of the different produce codes for the register, however, I learned them quickly and whenever I didn't know one, the cashier next to me as always available to help.
Pros
Good pay
fun place to work
Produce Clerk/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Millis, MAMarch 8, 2019
nice place to work, working various depts. was enjoyable and also teaching handicapped or mentally challenged individuals the proper procedures to the produce dept gave the individual better hope of their day to day lives
Well fast pace
Produce (Former Employee) –  Natick, MAFebruary 28, 2019
It’s a grocery story so the mornings are well fast paced and makes time go by very quickly. Although the evenings may sometimes be rough because how slow it is but there is always something you can do which is a good thing
Pros
Grocery store so there food if u ever forget your lunch
Cons
When it gets slow it’s very very slow
its a friendly environment
Service Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MAFebruary 22, 2019
Most days its very relaxed but when there is a holiday of snow storm around the corner it can get very busy and some what stressful because you want to get the customers finished with their groceries for the week as fast as possible. The other workers there are extremely nice and the managers are very understanding.
A great place to work
Cashier, Produce Clerk, Food Preperation Clerk (Current Employee) –  Quincy, MAJanuary 30, 2019
It was a great working experience. I learned valuable skills in a professional environment. I enjoyed the managers I worked for and they were supportive.
Pros
paid time off
Cons
need full-time work
Floral Designer and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, MAJanuary 10, 2019
I was very happy working at Roche brothers but they did not give me a raise for the two years I was working there, then right before I was going to leave they gave me a raise of 0.32 dollars and I felt like they were playing a joke on me. I was not happy, considering my family members all worked here and my cousin is a store manager for a different store.
Cons
Short breaks, no employee discounts
Not so much...
Hot Foods Clerk (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAOctober 24, 2018
Management is super nice when you apply and during your interview but once your in the door it all changes. They have their own agenda and treat you like a kindergartner, You'll never advance, they'll work you 6 days a week even if you ask for 5.
You're only allowed to take vacations at certain times and yet the prepared foods manager takes 3 weeks off in the same month. 7 or 8 people quit in the short time I was there and we were expected to pick up the slack for the same salary.The employees are the only good thing.You're better off at market basket.
Pros
Awesome coworkers
Cons
Zero work life balance
Good place to work a part time job
Deli, Starbucks, Front End, ECommerce (Former Employee) –  Westborough, MAOctober 10, 2018
I worked here in high school and through one year of college. The people here are friendly and easy to work for, but the job tasks are very taxing. I could arrange my hours anyway I wanted to really, and I got to work in several different departments.
Managers treat you like second class citizens
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Natick, MAOctober 3, 2018
The managers of roche only do what is in the best interest for them. They do not care about their employees or helping to accommodate an employees needs. They expect you to sacrifice personal time with family so you can work every weekend and sometimes overnight for inventory counts as well as holidays. They will yell at you for taking a day off while they take two weeks off at a time to go to Guatemala. They expect you to pick up their slack and and cover for their incompetence. Roche only pays barely above minimum wage and will tell you what you want to hear while secretly going behind your back. You are better off collecting unemployment then to work for these greedy self entitled pricks.
Pros
Cons
Management thinks they own you
Was just a work place for me
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Marshfield, MAOctober 3, 2018
Co workers were very kind. Got along with everyone. Manament was very good would recommend working for them if you needed. Very clean store and very upkept
The bottom dollar
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mashpee, MAOctober 3, 2018
it used to be family oriented and is no longer that way. Unless you're corporate they don't care about you. They only ways to be
getting time off you can only do (without getting spoken to about it) is if you're either male, or part time status. Depending on what store you're in, it's a stressful job. Especially when you know that you aren't supported or respected by your upper management.
Pros
Free coffee in the breakroom!
Cons
upper management
Great managers help you out if you need help and very understanding
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MAOctober 1, 2018
Good work environment the breaks could be a little longer but overall good environment. A lot of freedom when choosing break times and what you can do while on break
Great first job
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Westborough, MASeptember 14, 2018
Great for people looking for a first-job in customer service. Decent management, thought there is a lot of turnover, all departments have high-turnover. THe full-time workers are generally very sweet and helpful to new workers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Roche Bros Supermarkets. Our community is ready to answer.