Roche Bros Supermarkets Employee Reviews

my review
Retail Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Marshfield, MAJuly 25, 2018
Good management, but each department was different and I was moved around a lot. Bagging was okay and bakery was okay. I dont really know what else to say.
Coworkers are nice but the environment was not a fun one
Front End Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, MAJuly 8, 2018
The management had no respect for the people that have been there the longest. Instead of gibe dedicated employees more hours so they can afford a living wage they hire new employees to divide the hours
Roche Bros
Bagger/Lot Attendant (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MAMay 23, 2018
Roche bros was good it was a grat starting place for me when I was a freshman in high school. It taught me the general rules and logistics about having a job and working with others
Fun, Fast Paced Environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Acton, MAMay 16, 2018
Having worked there for almost three years I can say I have, and continue to enjoy my time in working for Roche Bros. The atmosphere is friendly and the managers ad understanding and willing to work with you.
Supervisor Assistant (Current Employee) –  Easton, MAMay 10, 2018
Great place for ages 14+ to work. Flexible schedule. The management is great and workers are kind and respectful. Productive place to work. Good pay also
Working at Roche Brothers Supermarket
Customer Service Cashier (Former Employee) –  Wellesley Hills, MAApril 25, 2018
When I worked for Roche Brothers I told my managers that I was a single parent of a disabled child without the option of collecting child support. So, they scheduled me to work as many hours as possible to support my child without government assistance. There were some days that I would work 12 hours a day up to 7 days a week then there were some weeks that I was only scheduled to work for 18 hours that week which only helped me pay for my daughter's school lunches. The positive things is that Roche Brothers assisted me with completing accredited college courses & completing the Dale Carnegie program so I could work towards attaining a corporate position someday.
Pros
The college courses
Cons
The unstable hours
Horrible management.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Easton, MAApril 24, 2018
Every man at this store sexually harasses people. I've had multiple managers be inappropriate and the company needs to take a real look at their employees.
Pros
Nice customers
Cons
Managers and customer service
Best grocery store to start at
Cashier and Salad Bar (Former Employee) –  Millis, MAApril 8, 2018
Between cashiering and dealing with guests and the particular ways you can bag (asking if they want plastic or paper, then also bringing bags to guests cars) it is a phenomenal store to start at.
Pros
Many options for grocery items
Cons
Expensive to shop at
Roche Bros Review
Cook (Former Employee) –  Wellesley, MAApril 4, 2018
In my short time at Roche Bros, I met a lot of great people which made it an easy transition into a new career. Went in little to no cooking experience, and came out with more knowledge than I expected.
Pros
Great staff, flexible hours, fun work
Cons
delicious food, gained weight
Productive and great place to work
Cashier and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 3, 2018
I really liked working there. It was fun and the workers were great people and I really enjoyed that I got along with mostly everybody and the managers were nice and very understanding.
fast pasted and fun work day
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Natick, MAMarch 13, 2018
Although things o quickly around Roche brothers and its a fun and learning environment. i learned to work with money at a young age and get to be a part of a bigger thing.
Pros
good for learning
Cons
short breaks
decent place to work
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MAMarch 3, 2018
its good, managers are mature and understanding. Coworkers are bearable. customers are not as needy as the average retail store and the store layout is good enough to where the customers aren't hunting associates down to figure out which way is up.
Pros
mature and understanding managers
Cons
not unionized
Good work environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Marshfield, MAFebruary 27, 2018
Good job, management has since changed so that is good. I enjoyed working there at the time. There are a lot of good employees and it was very easy to get along with them.
good place to improve your skills
Cook (Former Employee) –  eastern massFebruary 25, 2018
Employs are very helpful in giving what your strengths are and what you weakness are
They help in both areas the make you a better employee
very good company to work for
Able to give suggestions and management really listens
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 25, 2018
This job in my eyes was enjoyable and easy to work with. I got good hours and I made sure I showed at all times , I may have a little problem with standing in one spot for 6 hours so a retail job or sales accosiate job would be a better fit for me
Good place to work. Good benefits
Kitchen Clerk (Current Employee) –  Sudbury, MAJanuary 31, 2018
My work day depends on the department's needs. Prep and cook various side dishes and cold salads, prepare marinades and sauces from recipes for grilling, roasting or sautéing proteins and vegetables. Fill and refresh hot and cold displays of ready to go foods. Occasionally order perishables and dry goods, break down deliveries and stock shelves. Record food/equipment temperatures and clean as needed.
My managers and coworkers do the best we can to maintain a high level of customer service.
Having to work every Saturday, occasional Sundays and more than 1 night a week makes it difficult for a normal family life.
Pros
Benefits and pay are comparable to other supermarkets. Friendly atmosphere.
Cons
Inconsistent work hours. Multiple nights and every weekend.
Stressful work place
Cook (Current Employee) –  Westborough, MAJanuary 27, 2018
Anyone ahead of you with the company wants you to fail because they are afraid that you will take there job. You work 6 days a week with one day off. You are only allowed to take vacation at certain times of the year. I’m very disappointed with the people at the top of Roche Brothers! All they do is is criticize you and your co workers, and almost never give you any compliments.
Pros
Cons
Pay 6 days a week on the job
poor place to work
hot food cook (Former Employee) –  Norton, MAJanuary 17, 2018
It was a very poor place to work for. They are constantly on your back and you always get stuck doing other employee's work. Management sucks. they are never happy.
Fun workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 8, 2018
Fun workplace to work at, very busy but fun! Their food quality is the best. The crew was very fun to work with. There was a lot of wonderful customers.
Great Atmosphere
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Natick, MADecember 19, 2017
It is all about what you make of it. I put the effort in to get to know everyone and move up from a bag boy to a cash office clerk. I was willing to do any job asked and was able to network well with management and staff from the home office.