Roche Bros Supermarkets Employee Reviews in Boston, MA

Productive and great place to work
Cashier and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 3, 2018
I really liked working there. It was fun and the workers were great people and I really enjoyed that I got along with mostly everybody and the managers were nice and very understanding.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 25, 2018
This job in my eyes was enjoyable and easy to work with. I got good hours and I made sure I showed at all times , I may have a little problem with standing in one spot for 6 hours so a retail job or sales accosiate job would be a better fit for me
Fun workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 8, 2018
Fun workplace to work at, very busy but fun! Their food quality is the best. The crew was very fun to work with. There was a lot of wonderful customers.
A Family Run Supermarket
Front End Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 12, 2017
Roche Bros. is a regional supermarket company that stays close to the stores' communities while retaining a sense of family values. With the scale of the company, my job involved a wide range of tasks and responsibilities. From the cafe and front end to product demonstrations.
Great place to begin at and perfect for students
Cashier/Clerk (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 4, 2017
In the beginning it's hard to warm up to coworkers and build relationships, but as time goes on the workplace becomes a very interpersonal where everyone knows each other and is willing to help. The pace of the job fluctuates between downtime and rushes during lunchtime and the end of the (regular) working day.
Though the company is good to work for there is a high turnover rate in the frontend department, which sometimes leads to understaffed conditions.
Overall, this is a desirable company for students due to extremely flexible hours and as a 'first job' or someone desiring a low demand job (depending on the department).
Pros
Flexible work hours, Great coworkers/supervisors, Along public transport routes
Cons
Short breaks, sometimes understaffed
Upbeat environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 1, 2017
It's always busy, they just need a bit more help with management. I have made a lot of friends working there but the job can be a little unorganized at times
Pros
Cons
No discounts
Productive day at work.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 19, 2015
A productive day at work consists of the supermarket being busy and ringing and cashing out all groceries, plus bagging. Handling cash in a courteous way. Showing excellent customer service when needed.
Pros
Management!
Cons
short breaks.
Fun
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 17, 2014
nice coworkers, good management. fast paced work. enjoyed getting to know customers.