Roche Bros Supermarkets Employee Reviews for Cashier

Standard grocery store
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Easton, MAAugust 14, 2018
I've never worked in any other grocery stores but I image m experience was pretty standard. the customers there can be rude but overall you don't have to deal with to many difficult people. Do what your told and there should be no issues.
Best grocery store to start at
Cashier and Salad Bar (Former Employee) –  Millis, MAApril 8, 2018
Between cashiering and dealing with guests and the particular ways you can bag (asking if they want plastic or paper, then also bringing bags to guests cars) it is a phenomenal store to start at.
Pros
Many options for grocery items
Cons
Expensive to shop at
fast pasted and fun work day
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Natick, MAMarch 13, 2018
Although things o quickly around Roche brothers and its a fun and learning environment. i learned to work with money at a young age and get to be a part of a bigger thing.
Pros
good for learning
Cons
short breaks
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 25, 2018
This job in my eyes was enjoyable and easy to work with. I got good hours and I made sure I showed at all times , I may have a little problem with standing in one spot for 6 hours so a retail job or sales accosiate job would be a better fit for me
Great coworkers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  West Roxbury, MAMay 21, 2017
I absolutely loved working here. The people were great and so were the customers. I wish the store had more diversity in staff but it was good working with other people.
It's a job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Natick, MAMay 2, 2017
Expected management to treat me better but they didn't really. I had a hard time asking time off work. Managers didn't really care much of their employees. Can be good as well, received a gift card for a restaurant during Christmas.
Upbeat environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 1, 2017
It's always busy, they just need a bit more help with management. I have made a lot of friends working there but the job can be a little unorganized at times
Pros
Cons
No discounts
Management awful
Cashier (Former Employee) –  WellseleyJanuary 3, 2017
You might have a good manager. But don't be surprised if
they are transferred even after several months.
To get rid of you they will use a few mystery shoppers to harass you until you leave. Or they will make you ask for a break
without offering you one or else you won't get one.
Management will pretend that they know nothing even though they are playing a part of it.
the manager is gutless will hide away somewhere in the store.
Pros
health plan if you are full time
Cons
with holding breaks and mystery shoppers
Good first job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Easton, MANovember 14, 2016
It shows good customer service, and teaches you how to interact with individuals in an appreciate manner. The manager was unreasonable, but it was manageable.
Pros
breaks
Cons
poor management
my work experience at Roche Bros wasn't the best
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MAJuly 1, 2016
after continuously throwing myself to work more hours for this company, only provided me 3-6 hours of working time a week when I was available to work more. the positive things I can pull out from my experience working there was how being a cashier enhanced my skills of knowing how to use a cash register, and enhanced my skills of speaking to the customers at a more proficient level (if that makes any sense)
Not a fan
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Wellesley, MAJune 3, 2016
Worked here for four years because I could not find a job for a while. Got stalked by an employee and they did not really care. I did not know the guy he just started working there and I just completely felt uncomfortable. And after that I quit
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Lack of job security, the customers, they always force you to work even if you feel sick.
Productive day at work.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 19, 2015
A productive day at work consists of the supermarket being busy and ringing and cashing out all groceries, plus bagging. Handling cash in a courteous way. Showing excellent customer service when needed.
Pros
Management!
Cons
short breaks.
Roche Bros. is a great place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Needham, MAJanuary 19, 2015
It's a great place to work, everyone is nice. We have a good management, good co-workers great people. in the future I will recommend any to work there.
Not the worse place to work, but not the best
Cashier (Current Employee) –  west roxbury, maMay 4, 2013
It typical day is like every other day. I do what I'm supposed to do and thats it. I'ts not the worst place to work and I learned to be punctual, respectful and such. The store managers are not the problem, its the department where I work are. Most of them are rude towards their co-workers and even to some customers which is odd considering they are the managers. The hardest part of the job sometimes is trying to stay calm and collected when you have someone yelling at you for a mistake made by the other departments. Sometimes they do not think about that I am only a cashier, I do not make the weekly fliers, I am just not in charge of that. The most enjoyable part of the job to me is when a customer gives me a compliment. I am not by far not perfect like everyone else but when I get a compliment especially from the elderly it really make my day because it shows me that I am learning to be patient and understanding. I love that feeling best feeling in the world to me.
Pros
Sometimes we get a five dollars free lunch card when customers gives someone a compliment.
Cons
Cutting hours so that they dont have to provide benifits when work 32 hours
Very professional
o Cashier (Former Employee) –  Wellesley, MAMarch 20, 2012
Very professional business. The management team likes their workers and like to excel in customer service