Roche Bros Supermarkets Employee Reviews for Cashier/Bagger

Fine, except when you need a shift covered
Cashier/Bagger (Former Employee) –  Acton, MAJune 6, 2017
Overall, working at Roche Brothers was okay. It wasn't an incredible job working as a cashier/bagger, but you make money. The hardest part of the job was when something important would come up and you tried rescheduling with the manager. Most times, they were not nice about it. I had a few times where I had family emergencies so I would not be able to make a work day, However, if you didn't have someone covering your shift, even if you called in advance and explained the situation, you were marked down as not having showed up (which obviously is not a good thing and could possibly get you fired). The added stress of needing to find someone to cover your shift on top of a family emergency is terrible to deal with.
Great Company
Cashier/Bagger (Former Employee) –  Millis, MAJune 20, 2013
This is a great company.
Its a great starter job or future job for anyone.
The employees are great and the managers are great. They provide benefits and advancement in all areas if you prove yourself worthy. I loved working for Roche Bros. its one of the best grocery store businesses out there.
Pros
Great benefits, great people overall great store
[Roductive & fun work day
Cashier/ Bagger (Current Employee) –  Quincy, MAJanuary 4, 2013
A typical day at roch bros, includes me coming into working punching in. Jumping on a cash register and greeting & helping customers with all orders also making sure I take my 15/30 min brake. After that I head back to work either helping bagging or ringing on the register till it's time for me to go home.
Pros
gift cards, friendly mangers
Fun place to work
Cashier/Bagger/Meat Clerk (Former Employee) –  Wellesley, MASeptember 17, 2012
A typical day at work was pretty intense. It was non-stop movement between, cashiering, bagging, getting carts, and the meat room. The store I worked at was a extremely busy store. The people at Roche Bros. are fun to work with.
Pros
co-workers made it fun
Cons
no life outside of work
Customer Service before ANYTHING ELSE!
Cashier/Bagger (Former Employee) –  Norton, MAMay 27, 2012
i was a cashier and the job was easy. They ranked customer service before anything else. I had 4 different managers during the course of my time there, and 3 of them were jerky. They hire young, but they also treat them like dirt, the older people get treated better.
Pros
raises every 6 months, easy
Cons
mean management