Roche Bros Supermarkets Employee Reviews

Cashier (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 25, 2018
This job in my eyes was enjoyable and easy to work with. I got good hours and I made sure I showed at all times , I may have a little problem with standing in one spot for 6 hours so a retail job or sales accosiate job would be a better fit for me
it was a good place to work
Day Baker (Former Employee) –  Natick, MAFebruary 20, 2018
i liked to work at roche bros but i left there to go to wellesley college to work in the food services department, roche bros was great to me for 2 years helping me with everything and being supportive.
Good place to work. Good benefits
Kitchen Clerk (Current Employee) –  Sudbury, MAJanuary 31, 2018
My work day depends on the department's needs. Prep and cook various side dishes and cold salads, prepare marinades and sauces from recipes for grilling, roasting or sautéing proteins and vegetables. Fill and refresh hot and cold displays of ready to go foods. Occasionally order perishables and dry goods, break down deliveries and stock shelves. Record food/equipment temperatures and clean as needed.
My managers and coworkers do the best we can to maintain a high level of customer service.
Having to work every Saturday, occasional Sundays and more than 1 night a week makes it difficult for a normal family life.
Pros
Benefits and pay are comparable to other supermarkets. Friendly atmosphere.
Cons
Inconsistent work hours. Multiple nights and every weekend.
Stressful work place
Cook (Current Employee) –  Westborough, MAJanuary 27, 2018
Anyone ahead of you with the company wants you to fail because they are afraid that you will take there job. You work 6 days a week with one day off. You are only allowed to take vacation at certain times of the year. I’m very disappointed with the people at the top of Roche Brothers! All they do is is criticize you and your co workers, and almost never give you any compliments.
Pros
Cons
Pay 6 days a week on the job
poor place to work
hot food cook (Former Employee) –  Norton, MAJanuary 17, 2018
It was a very poor place to work for. They are constantly on your back and you always get stuck doing other employee's work. Management sucks. they are never happy.
Fun workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 8, 2018
Fun workplace to work at, very busy but fun! Their food quality is the best. The crew was very fun to work with. There was a lot of wonderful customers.
Great Atmosphere
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Natick, MADecember 19, 2017
It is all about what you make of it. I put the effort in to get to know everyone and move up from a bag boy to a cash office clerk. I was willing to do any job asked and was able to network well with management and staff from the home office.
Not great- ok for 1st job
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsNovember 24, 2017
Okay job !Everything Changes all the time one day it's this way the next day it's that way. not a good work-life balance okay for a first job but not as a career.
Pros
Coffee in break rooms
Cons
Lack of staffing
great place to work
Grocery Lead (Former Employee) –  Westwood, MANovember 8, 2017
awesome pace to work with friendly staff and customers. With many locations it is very easy to transfer if you ever need to move for any reason. Also provide great benefits.
A fun place to work
Cashier/Scanner (Former Employee) –  Acton, MAOctober 13, 2017
A day could fluctuate from slow to busy in minutes. That was something you had to get used to fast. Every day was different. You got to know many of the customers. Everyone worked as a team. Everyone is treated like family.
Pros
Meeting new people. Making friends
Cons
People transfer to often
My first job
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Westborough, MAOctober 6, 2017
It was a fine job. I remember i didn't like standing all day, but looking back it was pretty easy. "If you have time to lean you have time to clean" they would say I'll never forget that.
Pros
Free meat
Cons
Erratic schedual
Amazing
Dairy Clerk (Current Employee) –  Quincy, MASeptember 13, 2017
This job helped me earn money and get a foundation for when I look for a either a job in the same field or something different, I found my foundation and it helped me in many ways.
Pros
Great people and coworkers
Meat Cutter
Meat Cutter (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, MAJuly 31, 2017
Employees stealing constantly, how many times do I stick my neck out. When i started they told me 5 days a week and a half a day for 5 1/2 days a week. It turned out to be 6 days and sometimes 7. Don't get me wrong they pay for your overtime but no work/life balance and during holidays forget it!!!! Regional Manager was rude and disrespectful
Pros
Team environment
Cons
work/life balance
Poor
Front End Supervisor/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, MAJuly 22, 2017
Worked there for four years, which overall were very poor. The management of the store was poor at best, with incompetence running rampant from the top down.
Pros
Time Off
Cons
Management, work environment, work duties, staff.
Fast paced action
Produce Clerk/Shipper/Receiver (Current Employee) –  Needham, MAJuly 5, 2017
A very fast paced environment that is non stop that makes your shift go by quick. The management team was enjoyable to work with. Working with my co workers
Fine, except when you need a shift covered
Cashier/Bagger (Former Employee) –  Acton, MAJune 6, 2017
Overall, working at Roche Brothers was okay. It wasn't an incredible job working as a cashier/bagger, but you make money. The hardest part of the job was when something important would come up and you tried rescheduling with the manager. Most times, they were not nice about it. I had a few times where I had family emergencies so I would not be able to make a work day, However, if you didn't have someone covering your shift, even if you called in advance and explained the situation, you were marked down as not having showed up (which obviously is not a good thing and could possibly get you fired). The added stress of needing to find someone to cover your shift on top of a family emergency is terrible to deal with.
Fast paced, stressful, yet at times fun.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Marshfield, MAMay 30, 2017
Overall, Roche Bros. is average in regards of being employed there. Employees get a lot of hours if they so choose, and full time employees are provided with perks to the job such as paid leave,etc.
Pros
Free coffee/ Good pay
Cons
Scheduling is sometimes off, new manager doesn't seem to be interested in the job
Fun Workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MAMay 27, 2017
Working at the Roche Bros. Supermarket in Quincy, MA has given me the pros of providing friendly customer service to the public and motivating me to the best worker I can be.
Great coworkers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  West Roxbury, MAMay 21, 2017
I absolutely loved working here. The people were great and so were the customers. I wish the store had more diversity in staff but it was good working with other people.
Relieable employment with high standards
Service Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Marshfield, MAMay 13, 2017
Roche brothers was a good opportunity for myself in high school to make extra money but it had considerable drawbacks. The hours were often inconsistent and management frequently changed with some managers imposing strict regulations and unnecessary tasks.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Roche Bros Supermarkets. Our community is ready to answer.