Roche Employee Reviews

Found 800 reviews matching the search See all 1,697 reviews
great place to learn and advance
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 10, 2018
great place to work for. Lots of resource for Diabetes training. Reimbursed mileage. great to work with the community inpatient and outpatients. independent contractor. I wish I was hired full time.
Pros
pay
Cons
no benefits
stable company but few chances for advancement
Biorepository Scientist (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CADecember 10, 2018
I worked in a group that while integral to the company, rarely received the recognition it deserved. My biggest complaint is that this company has found a way to hire contractors for years and years on end without making an offer to convert to full-time. In addition, they would rather hire someone with outside experience than train from within.
Pros
stable, reputable
Cons
no chance for growth, stagnant
Great place to work for Molecular Diagnostics
Senior Molecular Field Application Specialist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 5, 2018
Work is flexible depending on the customer demand. Love interacting with the customers and helping them learn our technology. This company has great benefits!
Productive and a fun place to work
Principal Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CADecember 4, 2018
The work was challenging but the times for fun were just as good. There were quarterly outings for the group to bond. There were group lunches too. They even have a beer tap.
Principal IC Engineer (Current Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CADecember 4, 2018
Opportunity to participate in excellent, truly multidisciplinary projects that have a clear impact on people's lives. Great work environment, great culture, global reach.
Customer Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 29, 2018
The only downside was that every few years there is a layoff and I was caught in one. The people were great to work with. Pay was low but they made up for it with great benefits
Good company to work for
Senior IT Analyst (Former Employee) –  Nutley, NJNovember 25, 2018
Exciting , challanging, fun, friendly enviorment. Global company which gives you a chance to travel around the world. Great place to be if you want to grow and imptove yourself.
Concerns within HR
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 25, 2018
Roche seems to be a great company overall but the lack of diversity and the acceptance of pushing a side diversity was concerning. Anyone of color was pushed to one area and groups were clearly divided between white and people of color.

It was a disheartening experience and pushed me to look outside the company for opportunities.

Overall the company seems really great in other departments, with much more diversity and a sense of community.
Benefits
Cons
no diversity
An excellent learning and growth experience
Lead analyst on the swing and/or graveyard shifts (Current Employee) –  Oceanside, CANovember 21, 2018
I have been in the Biotech Industry for 17 years. I have truly enjoyed my experience at Roche/Genentech. My typical day at work consists of my team and I convening at the outset of the shift to discuss, in an organized fashion, work related current events, and the path forward for the day's activities. With Roche/Genentech I have learned multiple scientifically backed assays (see resume) that comport with GMP compliance that are used in release of FDA approved product. In addition, I have learned how to solve problems as they arise, and interact with multiple departments and personnel on a daily basis to solve problems and ensure a path forward is established. Management has always been a respectable entity at Roche/Genentech. They have consistently promoted progress and development. Workplace culture has always been an important aspect of the job. At Roche/Genentech, we have celebrations that occur upon achievements, monthly mixers, a great Christmas time party/parties, enjoyable day to day interactions with coworkers. The hardest part of the job is trouble shooting stubborn instruments and/or assays. Typically this is a function of software or instrumentation. The most enjoyable part of the job is of course the people. At my location, I have great and professional colleagues. I could not ask for better.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Sometimes long hours.
Great company with a struggling Diabetes Care division
None (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 14, 2018
Great people and excellent benefits, but the Diabetes Care division can't seem to find a solid footing. They are trying to become a digital company, which is definitely the correct direction, but they're struggling with massive organizational change and restructuring in the process. Leadership doesn't quite know how to transition away from legacy systems to new products and there are some very borderline personalities steering the ship. Eventually this division will "right" itself or be sold off (as is a constant rumor).
Good Work/Life Balance
Medical Laboratory Technologist (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 13, 2018
Shift position, punching time clock. Steady work and lots of opportunity for advancement. Job can get monotonous with same routine. Quick successes.
Roche is a fine company to work for
Quality Assurance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 12, 2018
Roche has good benefits and compensation, but is very risk averse. Positions are often filled from within. There are always a lot of meetings as communication across business areas is required for many tasks. There is great support for further education and cross training once one is working for the company.
Pros
Good benefits including further education
Cons
Difficult to get into the company, Management is risk averse
Great career opportunities
Production Technician/Quality Control (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 12, 2018
Love the company and all it's benefits. Every day is an opportunity for learning and growth. Roche is ever changing. Change is good and adds value to one's career. On a typical day, one could face several new challenges and improvement opportunities. On any given day, a machine could malfunction or a quality issue could arise and in this instance, one must use their critical thinking abilities to troubleshoot all issues in a timely but efficient and effective manner. I would not prefer to say that the job was hard because when faced with a difficult task; I drew on my inner strengths and my team for support to troubleshoot the problem.
Pros
advancement
Cons
non
Production assembler
Assembler II (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 9, 2018
Being a federally regulated business (FDA) you would think that they would have an outstanding quality department but that is not the case. The only care about the number of units produced each month. Also there is a huge amount of nepotism and I even hate to say it racism that runs unchecked throughout manufacturing at the Tucson facility. I can not say this adamantly enough if you want to have a career in manufacturing DO NOT even apply to work at Ventana. I have gone on i interviews at other companies and my manager told the interviewer that I did not get along with my supervisor so that they would not hire me away from Ventana. So once again if you want to be in manufacturing DO NOT even try to do it with Roche/Ventana!
Pros
Cons
Nepotism, poor management, horrific morale
I Would Prefer Not to Say
Manger (Current Employee) –  Santa Claram, CANovember 7, 2018
This is something that would be traceable and would impact my abiltiy to acquire references. If this is a requirement for using the site, I would most likely need to use another service.
great
Lead Process Technician (Former Employee) –  Belvidere, NJNovember 4, 2018
great place to work
good benefits
competitive salary
overtime always
plan benefits with health and 401k
paid time off
very good management and well ran plant
Roche Review
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 23, 2018
-Amazing training that transfers into all industries
-Fun work environment
-Company provided all the tools to be successful
-Great incentives to push Sales Execs to the next level
Skilled HR Team
Employment Counsel (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAOctober 23, 2018
I have enjoyed working with a skilled HR team. It is a very employee-friendly environment.

It's a beautiful campus in a convenient location. There is an on-site gym and many fun employee-focused programs.
Overall fantastic first job experience
Scientist I (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 23, 2018
Loosely structured day centered around productivity. Annual trainings called Lunch and Learns were engaging and informative. The management is jovial yet insightful and driven. Everyone smiles and greets each other, you can talk to anyone you want. Sometimes responsibilities may pile up but team work helps overcome this as a barrier.
Pros
Free snacks and drinks, often times free lunch.
Cons
Large company makes each role feel small
Indianapolis office location has many negative culture issues
Lead Virtual Engineer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 21, 2018
Negative culture can make this a difficult work environment at certain locations. Not all international offices have the same issues. The size of the company and the cross-functional reporting structure make it an easy target for the development of poor culture qualities.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Roche. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

3.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight