Roche Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 743 reviews matching the search See all 1,567 reviews
Interesting place to work
Diagnostics Technician (Former Employee) –  Branchburg, NJJuly 20, 2018
The company is very good, but there was some lack of recognition of employees. There are some employees that worked as a temp. for more than 15 years and now the company announced a new policy and these employees will be dismissed with no consideration.
Great company
Sr. Technical Manager, Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCJuly 18, 2018
Roche really cares about their employees. Great company with great benefits. Offers career advancement, able to learn additional skills, great interaction with clients. Globally recognized.
Yikes
Roche Employee (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 17, 2018
Good benefits and work/life balance.
Lack of communication and transparency at every level of leadership.
Uses fear-mongering as management tactics.
Known for laying off high earners after decades of company loyalty to keep bottom line down.
Cross Training
Quality Control Associate I (Former Employee) –  Provincia di Firenze, ToscanaJuly 17, 2018
This company allowed cross training with multiple departments including micro and analytical. People were easy to work with and clear objectives for advancements.
Good work environment but difficult to advance
Customer Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 16, 2018
The job is very monotonous. A lot of sitting at a desk and answering phone calls. All of my coworkers are very nice. My supervisor wanted to help me advance my career, but it is competitive, and I am in an area with very little career advancement.
Pros
Nice people, decent pay, good benefits
Cons
No career advancement, tough and boring job
Roche Diagnostics
HUMAN RESOURCE WORKFORCE ADMINSTRATIVE SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 12, 2018
Roche Diagnostics has become a global leader within the industry and maintains a wonderful work culture or all. There are lots of opportunities to be promoted or continue growth within this company.
Good Company
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Branchburg, NJJuly 10, 2018
I was only here for a summer, but everyone seemed to enjoy their job. The quality standards were impeccable and there were lots of extra benefits for employees.
Always have a challenge for you
Vice President Human Resources North America (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 10, 2018
I have spent over 15 years at Roche. I had the privilege to hold many positions with increasing responsibilities. Roche was hugely supportive in my development and I am very thankful for that. It is a great company to work for.
Pros
Dedicated to patients
Cons
Work life balance
Congenial working atmosphere
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Roche Nutley NJ USA and Roche BaselJuly 9, 2018
I consider Roche as my second home since I have worked for Roche USA for 10 years and Roche Basel for 4 years.

My experiences were positive with easy access for managers, when needed.

Most enjoyable part was collaborating with my teammates.

Hardest part was working in toxicology and pathology where animals were sacrificed for research purposes.
Pros
13th check
Cons
short lunches
Productive, yet demanding work place
Supervisor, QC (Former Employee) –  Vacaville, CAJuly 8, 2018
Gained lots of great experience, great and passionate people. Not easy to have a good life balance, very demanding, working with a reduced headcount, but the job is always done
Pros
Ping Pong table, milestone celebrations
Cons
reduced headcount, layoff
Awesome
PackagingTechnician (Current Employee) –  Branchburg, NJJuly 8, 2018
Roche is a excellent company! They have a great enviroment! The people that work there is very friendly and everybody help one to each other. It is a great to work there!
Internship
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Ponce, PRJuly 7, 2018
This was my first work practice. I was in Freshman year and it opened me so many doors in my career field. I highly recommend this company. The workplace culture is incomparable.
Good working environment and culture
US Group Director Oncology (Former Employee) –  South San Francisco, CAJuly 3, 2018
Roche/Genentech has a good working environment and company culture. The organization provides the opportunity for healthy engagement, input and feedback.
Good company
Manufacturing Senior Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Ponce, PRJuly 2, 2018
Good collaboration and team work culture
Manager open doors, good communucations
I have 30 years of experience on different titles or roles.
My typical day started at 6:30 am to 530pm to met with all supervisor's and to talk with all the operators.
Only favors family members
Diagnostic Technician (Former Employee) –  Branchburg, NJJune 29, 2018
They hire through temp agencies because they did not want to pay workers what they should be getting. One worker was working there for 18 years through different temp agencies and only received 2 raises. Most of management and regular workers are family members so they have job security and get away with doing nothing, while others are apprehended and called out on if they do nothing. You are expected to work extra hard for those that are doing nothing because management will allow them to do nothing. I had a back injury because they refused to rotate a back-breaking activity between others because most others are favorites and refused to do it, so the temp had to do it.
Pros
long breaks
Cons
everything mentioned above, favoritism, family members getting away with everything, getting away with hiring only temps
Nice to place to work but mostly internal hiring.
Validation Scientist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 27, 2018
I was a contractor and there were no positions to be hired permanently. Mostly internal hiring and promotions. Pay was good as a contractor. Location and facility in impressive.
Overall, was a great place to work.
Senior Clinical Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Nutley, NJJune 26, 2018
Generally, it was a great place to work. It provided a great work/life balance; there was good job security and opportunities for advancement; the company respected it's employees; and the job culture was positive.
Awesome workplace for everyone
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAJune 26, 2018
The thing I love most about working at Roche is how dynamic and diverse the workforce is. You will get a chance to meet people from all over the world who brings a wide range of experience and perspectives. Leaders throughout the organization are generally open and approachable.
Packaging department at Branchburg site is beyond horrible
Diagnostic Technician (Current Employee) –  Branchburg, NJJune 23, 2018
The work environment in packaging at the Branchburg, NJ site is toxic and insulting. There are petty, pointless rules that are enforced through screaming. Experienced workers are quitting constantly. Management has been informed many times and is either unable or unwilling to fix it. Do not apply for any packaging position in Branchburg.
Pros
Cons
Disrespectful, harassing, abusive, insulting culture and incompetent management
Good environment work days.
Administrative Assistant / Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Ponce, PRJune 21, 2018
At Roche you would enjoy work days as the people and its culture are enjoyable. It is a good environment to work on. You would find yourself in a good position as soon as you get there. The employees welcomed you and take you as part of their team.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Roche. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

3.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight