Roche Employee Reviews

Packaging department at Branchburg site is beyond horrible
Diagnostic Technician (Current Employee) –  Branchburg, NJJune 23, 2018
The work environment in packaging at the Branchburg, NJ site is toxic and insulting. There are petty, pointless rules that are enforced through screaming. Experienced workers are quitting constantly. Management has been informed many times and is either unable or unwilling to fix it. Do not apply for any packaging position in Branchburg.
Pros
Cons
Disrespectful, harassing, abusive, insulting culture and incompetent management
good place to work
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 19, 2018
I would recommend this company to anyone. I enjoyed working at Roche. The people were nice and made the day go by pretty easy. The vacation days were incredible.
Pros
30 min lunch
Cons
9 hour days
Excellent Remote Quality & Training Position
Remote Senior Process, Training & Systems Advisor (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 19, 2018
In my current position, I held several regional and global lead positions conducted under a Project Mmgt style. I gained extensive experience in significant issue mgmt, global compliance assessment as well as writing local and global processes, tools and procedures.

I was the lead for working with our vendor managers and the CRO leaders for our monitoring staff. They escalated significant site & study as well as monitor performance issues to me, and we collaborated on action plans, which were mainly subject to my approval.

I was the gatekeeper for severe issues, including fraud and misconduct for the highest GCP Council for reporting and managing them. I worked with the study teams extensively on these types of issues as well as CAPA implementation from audits/inspections.

I was afforded the opportunity to bring forth new ideas and the freedom to implement them at my discretion. I was well trusted, valued and often recognized for my achievements. I was always bringing something new to the table for process simplification. I wrote all of my own project training materials, which were often adopted globally. I was always thinking ahead toward streamlining and improving every aspect of my position. I'm very "big picture" and detail oriented, I'm very independent, and I leverage resources, tools & systems to simplify work.

I was known for building bridges to establish relationships and foster collaboration where none existed previously. This fostered a more robust working environment under which I gained more insight to other departments. These relationships
  more... ultimately allowed me to provide the best ways to run and manage my projects. I was recognized for this extensively by company leaders.

I loved my career, and the only reason I'm leaving after 14 yrs is due to all remote positions being eliminated globally under new leadership.
Pros
Remote, Freedom to run projects at my discretion
Cons
Many issues that arose did not have supporting guidance docs resulting in many gray areas.
IT Service Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fishers, INJune 12, 2018
Ability to learn more in regards to assisting user. Availability to training. Overtime available during week and weekend. Training classes offered oftenb
Pros
Learning
Cons
It was good, but not great
Customer Care Agent (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 12, 2018
I worked in a diabetic support area that spoke with customers about troubleshooting and education for blood glucose meters. This is a very strictly regulated area. Difficult to be positive in this environment for a long period of time.
Principal Scientist II (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAJune 11, 2018
Many opportunities. Lots of fun people. Enjoyed the atmosphere and multi-functional teams. Learned a great deal over many years working with different people from many backgrounds.
Awesome place to work
Phlebotomist/Lab Tech (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJune 10, 2018
So many perks n they treat their employees so great they truly show their appreciation and many chances n choices for advancements one of the best companies to work for I think for the medical field ever.
Pros
Many great perks
Cons
Sold to another company so lost some luster sadly
Amazing learning opportunity, great career development
R&D Intern (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 5, 2018
Treated interns very well, made them feel like part of the organization, great networking opportunities, summer activities and there were a lot of company sponsored lunches
Warning to all scientist
Scientist (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAJune 2, 2018
Do not work at Roche. Management is the biggest issue here as they do not care about the scientific process, and only care about valid results. Projects frequently fail or get canceled. Nobody seems to ask scientific questions but instead looks for people to blame. If you want to work at a company where you can grow as a scientist, this is not the environment for you.

Any scientists job can be replaced by a liquid handler, and management would prefer this. I have been in meetings where directors and department heads openly joke about this. It is rare for a contract scientist to get converted full time, as you are seen as expendable. I know contract scientists that have been on projects for 3 years and were let go indiscriminately.

Management is the biggest issue at Roche. None of the directors or department heads truly care about the science being conducted. Projects are not managed correctly, scientists are not properly trained, and any lab project is always in crisis mode.

It does not surprise me that Roche is not doing great as a company. Their competitors are making more breakthroughs in diagnostics, manufacturing, and scientific discovery. Roche is still trying to play "Catch-Up" with Illumina, Bio-Rad, and Thermo Fisher. This strategy is not going well for them
Pros
Great People.
Cons
Everything else is Trash.
a company without peer in my life
IT Project/Enterp Install Consult (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 1, 2018
I was Never so sad as when I had to leave that job..The opportunities for a late comer to the IT world were staggering and I have been able to achieve levels I had assumed had passed me by in the early careers.
Pros
Cons
few
Regional MSL (Former Employee) –  Provincia de San JoséMay 20, 2018
International travel of more than 80% around Central America and Caribbean, Europe, North and South America. Inexperienced management with very low leadership skills.
benefits
Cons
Very low advancement opportunities
Stress to produce
Senior Compliance System Analyst (Current Employee) –  Branchburg, NJMay 13, 2018
Used to be an environment where the employees seemed to matter, and direct communication with management was important. Now, the nature of the business has changed to a "What have you done for me lately?" rat-race. I guess it is just the nature of a business that has grown significantly over the past 20+ years.
Pros
The people that work there
Cons
Almost constant pressure to meet deadlines
very inspired by the work - continues learning process
Quality Assurance Manager (Current Employee) –  Roche, VDMay 11, 2018
high motivation - focusing on the target - exciting place to work - focusing on the objective - strong leadership by management by objective - collaborative Teamwork
Walk on eggshells and watch what you say.
Cap Torque Tester Model or equivalent (Former Employee) –  Branchburg, NJMay 7, 2018
This job was more like a modern day plantation with pharmaceutical products. It was a racist environment towards East Indian people. People smile in your face on a Monday, by friday night the real racist attitudes along with the drinking. True feelings come out as a youth and how you were raised at home. Need I say more? It starts at home first.
Pros
One hour lunch
Cons
Poor management
Preschool
Early Childhood Director (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 2, 2018
Developmental early childhood environment that encouraged individualized teaching. The preschool staff is supportive and engaging. The work environment is positive
Great place to work, where you felt like a family member
Industrial Hygienist (Former Employee) –  Manatí, PRApril 30, 2018
I love working here where they gave to me my first opportunity in safety field. I was trained with the updated equipment of safety, industrial hygiene and emergency response. Management was always approving trainings for my professional growth.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
They sold the facility to another company
Great
Scientist (Former Employee) –  Belleville, NJApril 28, 2018
A spectacular place to work in my day. A fine company to this day. Technical advancements, new policies, a strong company backing, no one really needs a description of what Roche can provide.
Contractors are second-class citizens
Bilingual Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 23, 2018
Very metric-driven; very little encouragement; neglectful of contractors; unsympathetic; cold; no time off for contractors, no priority for scheduling for contractors.
Pros
Pay was half ok, though pathetic benefits for contractors
Cons
Metric-driven and oblivious to other contributions
Great products and great training
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 23, 2018
Roche is an outstanding organization with great people and products that are unique and typically best in class. The support that sales receives is excellent from both managed care and marketing.
Agradavel de trabalhar, otimo ambiente
Aprendiz Administrativo (Former Employee) –  engenheiro billingsApril 23, 2018
Ótimo ambiente para trabalho, colaboradores engajados.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Roche. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

3.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight