Rochester City School District Employee Reviews

Supportive and fun place to work
Permanent Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NHApril 14, 2018
The support from staff was very prevalent. I felt, as a substitute, I was able to maintain expected classroom structure and behaviors while also being my own teacher, whether in kindergarten or 5th grade.
Ok
School Guidance Counselor (Current Employee) –  Integrated Arts and TechnologyMarch 27, 2018
I enjoy working for the Rochester City School District. I've been a school counselor for nine years and I've worked in several different placements. I don't have any complaints.
meh
Senior Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 7, 2018
it was a place with good benefits and salary but not one where career advancement and opportunities were available. I cant complain about working there but I needed more out of my job,
Excellent
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYFebruary 21, 2018
My work place with city schoo was the most enjoyable place to work learning differents culture and team work .my typical day at work was ready to enjoy the children
Pros
Lots of holidays off
Cons
No unemployment during summer vacation due that we till have a job
Stressful
English Teacher (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYFebruary 12, 2018
Typical Day is full of lack of support and stress. Students need lots of support that is not adequately provided to them. They are almost forgotten at times.
Pros
the students
Cons
coworkers
rewarding
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYFebruary 7, 2018
It can be a difficult and challenging job although it definately is very rewarding when you are able ti make an impact and a difference in the life of a child.
Wonderful
Lead Teacher/Mentor (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 21, 2018
A wonderful place to work. A diverse community is served best by a diverse workforce. The Rochester City School District has the ability to help the student population thrive and succeed as young adults.
productive and fun place to work
Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYDecember 21, 2017
This position is a per diem position due to the fact that I have not received my NYS License. The position pays fairly for a per diem position. If I could get permanent placement without my license then I would not be looking to go anywhere else. However, at this time in my life I need benefits such as paid time off. The hardest part of the job is staying on top of all of the paperwork. The best part of the job is being able to interact and help the students reach their goals.
The district leadership does not concern itself with what occurs in the buildings.
Elementary Teacher (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYDecember 5, 2017
The building level leadership does not support the needs of the students or the teachers. They spend more time covering up what is really happening and not trying to improve the environment. There is too many violations of state laws and educational regulations that I wish not to be a part of anymore.
Pros
Competitive salary
Cons
Very high stress and very little support to teachers and children in need.
Great Place to work.
Mathematics Teacher (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYDecember 2, 2017
Teaching is a calling. The Rochester City School District is a great place to work. I have been able to put forth a great amount of effort and time to real great benefits both personally and professionally.
Pros
Great Environment.
Cons
None.
It was hard labor with good benifits
Janitorial Worker (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 29, 2017
Working for the Rochester city school district was exciting always felt good about making it to work most of the week. I've learn basic skills such as the boiler rooms and machines that maybe can prepare me for the next opportunities in the future. The most difficult part was the hard labor pulling and lifting the carts and supplies but other than that it paid off with the hours and the people are really good communicators.
great company to work for
Road Supervisor/Troubleshooter (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 28, 2017
I learn a lot and was always being train for the position that i held. It was spilt hours which let you have time in the day to do what ever you had to do
Pros
Cons
great working place
Great place
teacher (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 24, 2017
It is great to be a teacher substitute in RCSD but next to impossible to find a career position there or anywhere else in NYS. I wish to obtain a lucrative career to pursue for the remainder of my working days.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
none really
cafe luch room
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 16, 2017
managers are lazy sit in office on phone allday while everyone else does all the work. nasty attitudes and a lot of favortisum goes on and the kids can be disrespectful at times
Excellent place to develop teaching skills and methods of student support
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 2, 2017
Challenging urban environment requiring flexibility, creativity, perseverance, and compassionate direction by leadership, teaching personnel, and staff.
Not Applicable
Education Reporter (Former Employee) –  Not Applicable.September 14, 2017
Sorry but I never worked for the Rochester City School District. This is in error. There is nothing I can say about the Rochester City School District.
Pros
Not Applicable.
Cons
Not Applicable.
I enjoy working with children
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 11, 2017
I am a people person so having contact in the main office with parents and other school staff was good for me. I enjoy helping people and being in the office gives you lots of opportunities to do that outside of your daily work duties.
I love the team atmosphere, the hard work ethic and most of all the children.
Pros
Part time
Rcsd
Home/Hospital Teacher/Instructor/SPED Teacher (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 6, 2017
I have worked in so many settings, that I have a variety of perceptions about my work environments. It was most stressful towards the end of my career as APPR requirements and Common Core Curriculum overrode the more pleasant parts of teaching.
Pros
Freedom within the classroom to do what was needed for the student
Cons
Appr, Common Core
fun and so busy sometimes
Associate (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 16, 2017
VERY BESY WORKING A LOT INSIDE learn a lot from my summer job.The work place was sometimes so boring nothing to do but i still like my job i left this job because i work for summer only
Custodian Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 15, 2017
Painting strip and wax floors general office cleaning and remodeling Sweeping mopping and vacuuming of floors and carpets of mopping and dusting offices.  Perform service and repair work to furniture electrical and mechanical equipment.  Replacing of light bulbs, collect and disposes of trash, Assists in the moving, distributing of supplies etc.  Transporting of furniture, supplies, and equipment, secure and lock windows, doors.  Sweep the outside steps, rake and pickup leaves and debris, shovel snow, salt steps.  Pushes or rides lawnmower used in trimming grounds, writes work orders for maintenance.  Repair jobs, assists in lawnmower maintenance such as routine greasing, wheel replacement.  Residential and commercial house cleaning.