Rochester Institute of Technology Employee Reviews

Graduate Assistant, MS in Facilities Management (Former Employee) –  CampusFebruary 5, 2019
It is a good place to work if you can get in. It has all benefits for 40 hours full time and fee tuition. Fantastic support, Gym free for workers and good coworkers.
Pros
Environment
Great Student Opportunity
Battery Researcher, Battery Prototyping Center (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYDecember 4, 2018
Working in lab was one of the best experiences for me. I was exposed to new technologies and opportunities I otherwise wouldn't have. Would highly recommend.
Helpful and Productive to work
Digital Media Assistant(On Campus) (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 11, 2019
On Campus Job
Help Improve my knowledge
Better Team Player
Work with diffrent people
Good autonomy
Information and Computing Studies (ICS) Project (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 16, 2018
It's a pleasure to work with people in the department of ICS. Was given complete control of work hours to complete a project as I saw fit. Kept communication via online and met once or twice in the week.
Rit?
Incident/Problem Manager (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 17, 2019
This was a good place to work, days were normal 7-4 with on-call once a week and every 3rd weekend. People were good things were smooth. The issue was there was little to no advancement within the ITS services teams to move up. If one was not looking for advancement then this would be a great job for that person.
Pros
potential school if you had time to take advantage of it
Cons
on-call, low pay with little raises.
Amazing
Lecturer/Student Advocate (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYDecember 10, 2018
Even working a an adjunct professor, it was and is an incredible place to work. Very supportive. Very positive. I can't say enough positive things about my experience at RIT.
Contract
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYFebruary 3, 2019
In between two jobs. I was working full time at Rochester School for the Deaf and took a contract job as an adjunct at National Technical Institute of the Deaf.
Good for you career
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Monroe County, NYFebruary 5, 2019
The advantage of RIT is that it provides good co-op opportunities if you are looking for jobs instead of doing a PhD.
RIT has sufficient funding so the research equipment is completed and the lunch at the cafeteria is good
Awesome Higher Ed Employment Experience!
Director, Finance & Administrative Services (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 2, 2018
I've loved my time at RIT and particularly the division of Marketing and Communications. Worked hard, but with great people and an awesome VP/CMO. I worked hard, and at times long hours, but I learned a lot about facilities management, organizational management, change management, all while honing my skills in financial and human resource management. We also work with a talented team of student employees, which helped us keep current with new technologies and practices.
Pros
Great team. Great students. Fun and exciting work!
Work together with a hearing interpreter to facilitate communication between a deaf person and a hearing person.
Copy-Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYFebruary 5, 2019
I work on Every Tuesday at 7-9pm. It was relaxed while copying the sign, and understand how to work with the policies. I really enjoy working at there.
Good workplace culture and great management
Greenhouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 29, 2018
A typical day work is to go through a set list of daily tasks such as watering and checking the plants. occasionally pruning and re-potting will take place.
The workplace culture is great however you need to work independently without supervision. Training is provided the first week on the job.
The most enjoyable part would be interacting with flowers in orchid room as you will be taking care of them all the way up to blooming.
Pros
light workload
Cons
cant think of any
Supportive
Notetaker (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 22, 2019
RIT is a place where international students can find a job to support themselves economically. No matter where you come from, you can be sure that there is a suitable job for you on campus that will benefit both yourself and the community.
Floor Orientation Leader
Explore Your Future summer program staff (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 25, 2018
As FOL, we are responsible for young delegates who wants to explore Rochester Institute of Technology during summer program. We provide different kinds of activity for delegates where they be able to discover their passion for their future major in RIT.
Pros
3 meals provided for staff
Cons
Long day working, responsible for high school students and middle school students.
Productive and fun work place
Assistant Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 26, 2018
A fun place to work for you get to meet new people everyday. My typical work day starts everyday at 5am till 1:30pm Monday- Friday. I work for the FMS department. Our department would be one of the busy departments. We maintain the insides of the building keeping the areas clean. We also do a lot of the set up on the campus as well as assist with all the events.
Productive work structure no room for improving outdated modules.
Payroll / Sr. Payroll Training (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 11, 2018
During my fifteen years at RIT I was continuously looked over for promotions within. Most of my promotions came from posting to other departments. I would have loved to stay within my hiring college but I was able to post to other colleges to promote myself.

I would not recommend working there for anyone with any ambition.
Pros
Tuition covered after a period of time working at RIT.
Cons
Classes are not offered during times you are able to attend.
Free Education
Facilities Management Services (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 18, 2018
Free education and lots of vacation time, terrible pay and benefits due to being top heavy. Been trying to advance my career, however, they refuse to give young inexperienced employees opportunities unless you have relatives within departments.
Good place to work at
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 26, 2018
Started on the second week of the semester. Worked as teaching assistant for two database and programming related courses. My main role in this job is to give feedback to students who need help in the course and grading homework assignments.
A nerd scool
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 15, 2018
1) One of the reputed private colleges.
2) excellent university to if are there to learn.
3) Friendly Environment
4) HR policies, standard pay, student schoolwork put first
Very fun but can be difficult
Supplemental Instruction Leader (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 28, 2018
This job is only available to upper-classmen students who have already successfully taken the course. Sometimes finding ways to help students receive their breakthrough was difficult but seeing those students who were struggling succeed is worth the effort.

The requirements were fairly loose to enable easy success in your own classes while fulfilling the role.
Great for students to advance their career choices
Database Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 7, 2018
A first thing of the day is meeting the faculty and discuss on what I will do for the day. With the approval, I process to the room where I can code on the computer. With the design and new features, I show them to the faculty for the feedback.
I learned how to interact with the client, code with Java and SQL, troubleshoot how to set up MySQL, design the database, and test the quality.
The management is strict. Full time student is required and only lasts a few hours per week.
The workplace is mostly myself and a web developer. Both are doing different projects.
Getting the codes/features work is the hardest part in my work.
Most enjoyable part is getting the codes/features work. Irony.
Pros
Independent developing
Cons
Time limit