Rochester Regional Health System Employee Reviews

Interesting Place to Work
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 17, 2018
Health care is by its very nature interesting and stimulating. Every day is a challenge to do your best for yourself, your co-workers, and patients and their families. This is the most enjoyable part, but also the most difficult.
Pros
Service to others
benefits
Needs more of a positive environment.
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  The Women's CenterOctober 9, 2018
I was hired as a per diem RN.I had numerous responsibilities and insufficient support.Orientation was not long enough.To many medical assistants with to much down time,they complained of being bored.They spent lots of time socializing.The RN's and LPN's run like crazy.
Sensitivity training was needed and reinforced on the unit.I was asked several times what my age was and why I hadn't retired.
Pros
Sufficient breaks.Discounts at Pharmacy.Gym membership.
Cons
Poor orientation.People openly express their frustration with job.Not a positive environment.
Inconsistent with HR policies
Office Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 3, 2018
Ok for the most part of the 8 years I was there. The system did give me growth opportunities but when it came down to policies and consistency, they lacked.
Pros
Growth Opportunity
Cons
Inconsistent policy
Still learning its way
Manager (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 2, 2018
Regional Health is still a fairly new organization and is learning its way. It is slowly finding methods for melding the employees from five hospitals into a unified force. Consequently, some areas are experiencing high turnover rates. Employees in these areas find it difficult to turn out good work when they are constantly training new co-workers or covering for open positions.
Pros
Free fitness center, corporate employees may work remotely during bad weather events.
Cons
Upper management makes decisions without considering how it impacts other employees.
Merger
Manager (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 25, 2018
The merger significantly changed the culture to one of prioritizing budget lines over employees and patients. There is a way to balance budgets and margins with taking care of employees and patients. Unfortunately, senior leadership does not seem interested in creating this balance.
Horrible, hostile work environment
Desktop System Engineer (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 24, 2018
Difficult place to work, extremely long hours for no additional pay, no support from management provided for aggressive impossible project deadlines, etc.
Pros
Not much
Cons
Unable to plan a life outside of work, as on call expectations are constant.
Per Diem job
Rochester NY Unit Secretary/Emergency Dept (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 22, 2018
At one time was full time overnights and it was exhausting mentally and physically, but enjoy the job a lot as well as my co-workers, nurses and Doctors. Now that I am per diem, my nurse friends show me so much love when I come into work and appreciate the job that I do, and my work ethic. The seem to rely on me when needed for different aspects and that makes me feel appreciated and needed. Society can sometimes make the atmosphere in the ED very hard and grueling, but the team that I work with steps up and everyone is supportive. I enjoy my job in the hospital setting, especially in the ED and I also enjoy the aspects of the job itself and would really like to come back full time to the position or find something similar to it. RRHS is a growing health system and would love to be able to grow with it, but it does seem to be difficult to be considered for other positions.
Great place to get experience
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)/ Shahbaz (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 4, 2018
It's a nice place to work and grow work wise. It offers descent benefits and pay. Your satisfaction will depend upon the job position that you look for.
A day at work for RRH
Appointment coordinator (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 1, 2018
A typical day at work was answering the phones from 8-4:30 to help patients with their care. I learned how to help patients with appointments, prescriptions, and help with other needs that they may have ( letters and orders needed). I learned how to care for patients by the use of their system for medical records.

The work place culture mostly is mostly employees on the phone for 8 hours per day. We would have monthly meetings. The hardest part of my job was trying to help a sick patient and not being able to get a hold of nurses in a timely fashion. I am passionate about helping people in a timely fashion.

The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to help people get better and manage their health.
Pros
Candy cart, games, longer lunches on picnic days, picnics and an onsite full gym. It was free for employees.
Cons
A con was lack of communication in a fast pased ever changing environment.
Great Company, Bad Pay
Access Associate (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 31, 2018
I only stay at this company because of my patients. It's so rewarding to know you do all you can to help someone who is very sick get healthy again. However the pay is not worth how much work you do and how much negative patient interaction there is. Management is poor, which adds a very high turnover rate of employees.
Pros
Good benefits, helping people
Cons
Bad pay, no help from management
Work Experience
Care Navigator (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 28, 2018
I have worked for this agency for only a little over a year. I have had some great supervisors and experiences with them. I have recently finished my Masters degree and will be looking for employment opportunities. I thank them for giving me a chance.
Pros
Incentive for free admission to Rochester Museum and Science Center and Strong Musuem
Cons
The Helath Benefits with the hogh deductible plan
Productive Place to work
UNIT SECRETARY (Current Employee) –  1425 Portland Ave Rochester nyAugust 23, 2018
My Front Desk job is fairly easy I am a good multitasker at the desk so things can just flow perfectly fine when I am there I love helping people and making sure they get the correct information they need. I love my job
Pros
Easy job
Cons
Management isnt the best
Great coworkers, poor work/life balance
Primary/Senior Therapist (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 20, 2018
Good supervision and management opportunities, work/life balance was ways a struggle. The trainings offered were great and very valuable. I formed long-lasting relatonships with co-workers that I still maintain today.
Pros
Supervision, advancement opportunities, training and supportive coworkers
Cons
Very high workload
N/a
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 14, 2018
Not a good company to work for, management is very poor, not a team work setting, you have to work on your own. Nobody helps each other. Just very poor setting.
Great benefits
Lead Access Associate (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 5, 2018
The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to interact with patients, and help them with non clinical issues such as insurances. forms etc. Being an advocate even in a small way was quite rewarding to me.
never a dull moment
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Clifton Springs, NYJuly 30, 2018
there is always something to do. there are many things to learn from how to wash and sanitize pans to becoming a supervisor. management tries to do a good job. most employees are friendly. the hardest part of the job is having a full staff on a daily basis. the most enjoyable part of the job is meeting the nursing home residents
Pros
free meals
Cons
staff turn around
Fast pace
MEDICAL SECRETARY II (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 22, 2018
I enjoy working with my coworkers and our patients. We are truly a family. It is fast pace and the day goes by quickly. I am eager to learn more about our new company since the merger with RGH and what it has to offer employees.
Pros
Coworkers and staff
Cons
not enough hours in the day
If you would like to be a modern day slave then Wegmans Family Cottages are for you!
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 20, 2018
Very sad the management is as awful as it is! They don't listen to suggestions they just merely think we're robots and did not help in the workload they expected us to get done alot of the times it being unrealistic. Working in the Wegmans family cottages you are really modern day slaves not aides.They on a daily remind you this is a business they are running these elders pay $15,000 a month to stay there and have very unreasonable expectations even they dont participate in as in management beautiful place but poor management nd no type of compassion for their staff
Pros
Meals were free
Cons
Too many chiefs not enough indians
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 16, 2018
Nice Place to grow and advance in a clean ans safe environment. There are many great things and places to adventure within the Rochester Regional Health System.
Pros
Flexibilty
Cons
Negiotaible
Went downhill
BUYER I (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 13, 2018
I loved my job here when we were still Unity Health System. Once we "merged" with RGH, it went downhill. The environment was very hostile and cut throat. Management had their "favorites" so those of us coming over to their site were treated as less than. Our department had a family feel to it and we actually had love for each other, but once the merger took place, we were all moved and separated and were the out casts. This lead to a very stressful work environment and I chose to leave while I still had my sanity.
Benefits
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rochester Regional Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight