Rochester Regional Health System Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 16, 2018
Nice Place to grow and advance in a clean ans safe environment. There are many great things and places to adventure within the Rochester Regional Health System.
Pros
Flexibilty
Cons
Negiotaible
challenging but rewarding
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 9, 2018
Most difficult part of the day was getting 4-6 patients and having medications, wound dressings, BGs, baths, discharges, etc completed on a timely basis.
Pros
make own schedule
Cons
short lunches
Productive and fun place to work
Financial Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 8, 2018
I have enjoyed my time working at Rochester Regional health. I have learned a lot of great things that are beneficial to my career. I have also made a lot of great connections and met some great people.
High Stress Job
Appointment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 27, 2018
The position I held was highly stressful. When I needed to take a step back at work due to my anxiety, I was punished for it. As a healthcare company, they need to be better at understanding the health needs of their employees. On top of this, the management imposed unnecessary time constraints on employees without seeing the damaging effects these new policies had.
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
Discouraging work
i enjoyed my time there, i had rotator cuff surgery and now im ready to be back
Dental Secretary (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 27, 2018
great employer to work for. great benefits and work hours to accommodate for family time and personal time, i would recommend this employer to anyone.
my opinion
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 26, 2018
I really enjoyed working at RRH. In the early part of my employment I was employed for RGH. My department merged with ACM and that took a big turn in how the department was run. Management in my depart was a pleasure to work with. I took pride in working with patients and making them feel a t ease. One of the most challenging parts of the job is working with pediatric patients. I am a fast learner and I have gained a vast knowledge in Phlebotomy.
Pros
My Team at the outpatient lab
Cons
the pay
Pay is sub par and management is cut throat.
Business Office Associate. (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 20, 2018
I worked at Rochester Regional Health for a little over a year. Pay was so low I couldn't afford their high deductible plan. Medicaid came to the rescue for me that is how bad it was. Management was cut throat. What was good for some was not good for others. Manager would talk about other employees to their "friend" in the department and this person would tell others about the conversations. Too much drama and back stabbing for me.Caused me a lot of stress and anxiety. Not a healthy environment for a hospital.
Pros
Pto
Cons
Too many to list.
office work
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 20, 2018
very busy office. Working with people with mental health issues and trying to explain to them and providers how important it is to make sure all note and bills are correct.
Flexability for people going to school
Home Health Aide (HHA) (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 16, 2018
there is flexability in the schedual. The management in the department has a high turnover rate. They schedual last minute clients.I enjoyed meeting new people.
Pros
there is always work
Cons
You drive all over the county
Love my job. But very stressful lately, due to constant employee turn around.
Medical Secretary (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 16, 2018
I love my job. Many employees come and go very often. I always fill in, which does not allow me to complete my own duties without extraordinary stress to complete it on time. I then work quite a lot of overtime , because I feel the need to "always" complete my work on a daily basis, for the best care of our patients. This has been an on going situation for more than two years.
Pros
Very good practice manager, job is condusive to my abilities, parking in a garage
Cons
Over the last 2-3 years, not enough people at any given time, including nurses and secretaries.
Great Knowledge Base
Denials & Appeals Management Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 8, 2018
I have learned and progressed greatly at Rochester Regional. I started with Rochester General Hospital 7 years ago. I love the people I work with. They are all extremely knowledgeable about their career.

The resources have become less than required.I am thankful to all the expert knowledge base I have been working with for the last 7 years. The physician advisory team is essential to our denial activity and are extremely engaged with the workflow process.
Pros
Independent Management, Fitness Center
Cons
Healthcare not the best; could be better; long hours
The merge with acm was the downfall of the phlebotomy department.
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 6, 2018
After the merge with acm, the department cared more about money than anything else. When we were part of RGH we were trained well and our patients never had a complaint. Now we are not valued as employees and our patients can tell we are unhappy.
Great Company
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 6, 2018
Rochester Regional Health is a great overall company. From the kitchen up has been welcoming and really helped me further my education. I have been able to work my way from the kitchen up into nursing and look forward to where this company will take me.
Stressful
Administrative Assistant, Purchasing Assistant (Former Employee) –  100 Kings Highway SouthJune 3, 2018
There was very little to no training on a lot of the system in purchasing, which was fine for me because I catch on quickly, but a lot of people didn't know how to do certain things. It's not their fault since training was poor, but it caused a lot of confusion between the department. Accounts Payable and Purchasing departments did not work well together, causing even more confusing, and management did not handle any situations properly. It was a very stressful environment.
Pros
Cafe in the building
Cons
Poor environment, immature supervisors
Great place to work for
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 1, 2018
Great place to work for, there are opportunities to transition to different realms if you are interested in staying in the healthcare field for employment. Multiple job locations
So so
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  UnityMay 22, 2018
Depends on the location and what you do their.Management really only cares about their own personal gain rather than employees or what residents want.
Pros
Promote within, offer lots of education benefits
Cons
Can’t hire enough staff, low pay, overworked.
Low Company Morale
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 18, 2018
I am underpaid and over worked. There is not company morale in my department. It’s hard to work hard with minimal reward. Hard to move up in my department also.
A good place to start your career and get experience
PHLEBOTOMIST (Former Employee) –  Batavia, NYMay 15, 2018
not to bad of place to work . management could use some work. the higher ups are amazing while the supervisors are basic and not understanding to human needs.
Pros
hour lunches
Cons
not room for advancment
Helping ,sick or elderly get to there destination,confirming to them we are here for you
Patient Services/Information Desk Intern (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 9, 2018
I would be posted at the front door with wheel chairs and a warm smile helping as needed transporting to there destination .confirming
i would stay there until the sign in process. and a extra confirm that we will be there to return them to there car or medical van to return home.taking elderly veterans to have lunch and helping getting that bowl of soup and drink as needed .
Pros
Just being a part of something that warms the inner spirit, and at the end of the day its a very good feeling
Cons
there is none
Fast-Paced
Food and Nutrition Associate (Current Employee) –  Webster, NYMay 2, 2018
I liked this job because it provided me with the means to make purchases for my first year of college. I've made new friends and work hours are somewhat flexible.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rochester Regional Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight