Rochester Regional Health System Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
N/a
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 14, 2018
Not a good company to work for, management is very poor, not a team work setting, you have to work on your own. Nobody helps each other. Just very poor setting.
Great benefits
Lead Access Associate (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 5, 2018
The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to interact with patients, and help them with non clinical issues such as insurances. forms etc. Being an advocate even in a small way was quite rewarding to me.
never a dull moment
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Clifton Springs, NYJuly 30, 2018
there is always something to do. there are many things to learn from how to wash and sanitize pans to becoming a supervisor. management tries to do a good job. most employees are friendly. the hardest part of the job is having a full staff on a daily basis. the most enjoyable part of the job is meeting the nursing home residents
Pros
free meals
Cons
staff turn around
Fast pace
MEDICAL SECRETARY II (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 22, 2018
I enjoy working with my coworkers and our patients. We are truly a family. It is fast pace and the day goes by quickly. I am eager to learn more about our new company since the merger with RGH and what it has to offer employees.
Pros
Coworkers and staff
Cons
not enough hours in the day
If you would like to be a modern day slave then Wegmans Family Cottages are for you!
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 20, 2018
Very sad the management is as awful as it is! They don't listen to suggestions they just merely think we're robots and did not help in the workload they expected us to get done alot of the times it being unrealistic. Working in the Wegmans family cottages you are really modern day slaves not aides.They on a daily remind you this is a business they are running these elders pay $15,000 a month to stay there and have very unreasonable expectations even they dont participate in as in management beautiful place but poor management nd no type of compassion for their staff
Pros
Meals were free
Cons
Too many chiefs not enough indians
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 16, 2018
Nice Place to grow and advance in a clean ans safe environment. There are many great things and places to adventure within the Rochester Regional Health System.
Pros
Flexibilty
Cons
Negiotaible
Went downhill
BUYER I (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 13, 2018
I loved my job here when we were still Unity Health System. Once we "merged" with RGH, it went downhill. The environment was very hostile and cut throat. Management had their "favorites" so those of us coming over to their site were treated as less than. Our department had a family feel to it and we actually had love for each other, but once the merger took place, we were all moved and separated and were the out casts. This lead to a very stressful work environment and I chose to leave while I still had my sanity.
Benefits
challenging but rewarding
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 9, 2018
Most difficult part of the day was getting 4-6 patients and having medications, wound dressings, BGs, baths, discharges, etc completed on a timely basis.
Pros
make own schedule
Cons
short lunches
Productive and fun place to work
Financial Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 8, 2018
I have enjoyed my time working at Rochester Regional health. I have learned a lot of great things that are beneficial to my career. I have also made a lot of great connections and met some great people.
High Stress Job
Appointment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 27, 2018
The position I held was highly stressful. When I needed to take a step back at work due to my anxiety, I was punished for it. As a healthcare company, they need to be better at understanding the health needs of their employees. On top of this, the management imposed unnecessary time constraints on employees without seeing the damaging effects these new policies had.
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
Discouraging work
i enjoyed my time there, i had rotator cuff surgery and now im ready to be back
Dental Secretary (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 27, 2018
great employer to work for. great benefits and work hours to accommodate for family time and personal time, i would recommend this employer to anyone.
my opinion
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 26, 2018
I really enjoyed working at RRH. In the early part of my employment I was employed for RGH. My department merged with ACM and that took a big turn in how the department was run. Management in my depart was a pleasure to work with. I took pride in working with patients and making them feel a t ease. One of the most challenging parts of the job is working with pediatric patients. I am a fast learner and I have gained a vast knowledge in Phlebotomy.
Pros
My Team at the outpatient lab
Cons
the pay
Pay is sub par and management is cut throat.
Business Office Associate. (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 20, 2018
I worked at Rochester Regional Health for a little over a year. Pay was so low I couldn't afford their high deductible plan. Medicaid came to the rescue for me that is how bad it was. Management was cut throat. What was good for some was not good for others. Manager would talk about other employees to their "friend" in the department and this person would tell others about the conversations. Too much drama and back stabbing for me.Caused me a lot of stress and anxiety. Not a healthy environment for a hospital.
Pros
Pto
Cons
Too many to list.
office work
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 20, 2018
very busy office. Working with people with mental health issues and trying to explain to them and providers how important it is to make sure all note and bills are correct.
Flexability for people going to school
Home Health Aide (HHA) (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 16, 2018
there is flexability in the schedual. The management in the department has a high turnover rate. They schedual last minute clients.I enjoyed meeting new people.
Pros
there is always work
Cons
You drive all over the county
Love my job. But very stressful lately, due to constant employee turn around.
Medical Secretary (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 16, 2018
I love my job. Many employees come and go very often. I always fill in, which does not allow me to complete my own duties without extraordinary stress to complete it on time. I then work quite a lot of overtime , because I feel the need to "always" complete my work on a daily basis, for the best care of our patients. This has been an on going situation for more than two years.
Pros
Very good practice manager, job is condusive to my abilities, parking in a garage
Cons
Over the last 2-3 years, not enough people at any given time, including nurses and secretaries.
Great Knowledge Base
Denials & Appeals Management Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 8, 2018
I have learned and progressed greatly at Rochester Regional. I started with Rochester General Hospital 7 years ago. I love the people I work with. They are all extremely knowledgeable about their career.

The resources have become less than required.I am thankful to all the expert knowledge base I have been working with for the last 7 years. The physician advisory team is essential to our denial activity and are extremely engaged with the workflow process.
Pros
Independent Management, Fitness Center
Cons
Healthcare not the best; could be better; long hours
The merge with acm was the downfall of the phlebotomy department.
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 6, 2018
After the merge with acm, the department cared more about money than anything else. When we were part of RGH we were trained well and our patients never had a complaint. Now we are not valued as employees and our patients can tell we are unhappy.
Great Company
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 6, 2018
Rochester Regional Health is a great overall company. From the kitchen up has been welcoming and really helped me further my education. I have been able to work my way from the kitchen up into nursing and look forward to where this company will take me.
Stressful
Administrative Assistant, Purchasing Assistant (Former Employee) –  100 Kings Highway SouthJune 3, 2018
There was very little to no training on a lot of the system in purchasing, which was fine for me because I catch on quickly, but a lot of people didn't know how to do certain things. It's not their fault since training was poor, but it caused a lot of confusion between the department. Accounts Payable and Purchasing departments did not work well together, causing even more confusing, and management did not handle any situations properly. It was a very stressful environment.
Pros
Cafe in the building
Cons
Poor environment, immature supervisors

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rochester Regional Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight