Rochester Regional Health Employee Reviews

Do not work here.
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Batavia, NYMay 18, 2019
There is a lot of favoritism and unprofessionalism from management. SOME of the coworkers are nice to work with. If you work here your stress level will go WAY up. Whatever you do, nothing is ever good enough.
Pros
Paid time off after 90 days
Cons
Culture, management, and stress
Purchasing
Corporate Procurement and Contracting (Former Employee) –  Reidman CampusMay 16, 2019
Most Buyers are paid slightly over min wage while doing the work of 3 Buyers. Management does not have a clue and plays favorites.
Raises are non existent but Mgt pays themselves by changing they're titles.
You will regret working in this dept which is why they have huge turnover in the dept. Run and run fast away....dont waste your time. The dept makes the employees raise money for flowers or a a newborn. It really is pathetic being second largest employer in Rochester.
Pros
Cons
Micro magment
Penny pinching company
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 7, 2019
They focus more on numbers rather than look out for the provider. Compassionate coworkers, management is aweful and would not recommend working there.
Poor management/ no training/ no standards or written procedures
Access Associate (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 25, 2019
For such an important Corpiration the wages are below minimum and there is too much micro managing. The managers belittle their employees. No written procedures,
Pros
Free gym insite
Cons
Wages below minimum
Lack of knowledge/ support from management. But coworkers were great!
Outpatient Coder (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 11, 2019
There was a lack of support from management. They were also not knowledgeable in regards to my title. It was self taught or help from coworkers. Coworkers were great to work with.
poor supervisor management
Access Associate (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 8, 2019
favoritism was the name of the game in the office I was in. One person would get written up for answering a phone call. Another person could talk on their cell phone, watch videos, leave her desk for 45 min. and that wasn't a problem
Pros
Loved working with the patients
Cons
Need to teach supervisor how to be fair to ALL employees
Large corporation that treated me like a number
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 7, 2019
I felt like a number in my department and many people felt replaceable. It was not professional, very high school like. I imagine different departments are different. I was in patient services (phlebotomy). After the merge it was so unorganized it was overwhelming. I was there for a year and a half without a raise. I felt very unappreciated and overworked.
Great Place to Work for
MRI Technologist (MR) (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 6, 2019
Management is easy to communicate with and always willing to listen and help with whatever you need. My co-workers make for a fun and enjoyable work environment. Every one helps each other without hesitation. Very productive and high demand department.
Strong Mission and Vision
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 6, 2019
Mission and vision is clear in the organization's culture. Supports community with several community-based programs. Collaboration and team work is visible in the organization.
surgery
ACNP (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 5, 2019
unorganized, many changes occurring at one time, minimal leadership skills and or communication, the patient focus has been compromised with lack of staff,
Work overload
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 1, 2019
Stressed , managers never understand the workload, very high turnover , made new friendships, training is unprepared, onboarding is very unorganized with the training department
Cons
No training managers just don’t care
My department was good.
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Geneva, NYMarch 31, 2019
Transcription co-workers were very good to work with. Communication with other employees outside of our department was not always good; i.e., sometimes we weren't filled in on what was going on in other departments.
Pros
Enjoyed people I worked with and job itself
Cons
Poor communication, salary
Great heatlhcare organization to work for
Clinical Analyst (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 30, 2019
I really enjoyed working for RRH. They gave me learning experience working for another EMR system and at the most part worked as a team within my department
Fast paced
Medical Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Newark, NYMarch 21, 2019
Work consisted of meeting with patients and their families to discuss discharge planning. We helped patients and families choose nursing homes for rehab and permanent placement. We assisted patients fin finding housing and PCP.
Pros
There was alot of peer support.
Cons
Not alot of adequate supervision
Acess to the gym with no membership
Senior Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NY 14621March 19, 2019
worked for the organization and it was great until there was a merge with another organization, and everything went down hill. All the good employees that were there for over 20 years quit because all the changes It was not a good place to work.. It's ashamed I really enjoyed my job until the new organization took over
Pros
Yearly gift cards
Cons
Not flexible with employees needs
Okay place to work.
Dialysis Technician (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 13, 2019
When the merger between Rochester General and Unity Hospital happened it left unity workers with by the short end of the stick. it created more jobs which is a wonderful thing but the unity employees are stuck with the same salary while new hires are coming in at Rochester Regional pay scale and it is a substantial difference.
Pros
Alot of jobs
Cons
No good pay, especially prior unity employees
Rochester Regional Health Primary Care Offices
LPN Internal Medicine (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 6, 2019
Hiring process can be lengthy but the company truly wants to get the right people in the right roles. I left as the position was too far to travel and the company required 1 year commitment at that particular site even though there were multiple openings 10 miles closer to me. Ultimately I left the company for another position that was closer to home.
Pros
solid training, great place to start off, electronic systems
Cons
unaccomadating with transfers
Fast paced, opportunity to take on other tasks and positive work environment.
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 5, 2019
Work environment is fast paced, opportunity to work with the public at various levels and assist providers and staff with day to day administrative operations.
Pros
Flexible work schedules
Cons
More team building is needed
n/a
Talent Acquisition Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 4, 2019
The atmosphere is friendly. I've only been part of the team under 2 years now. I am open to staying at the company. However, my desire to relocate is greater at this time.
Always productive, and enjoyable.
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYFebruary 16, 2019
Always check in with all Staff. I would start with my nurses on the floor. Updating daily reports in each room on my floor. Working together and communicating always made the entire shift run smooth. I loved seeing patients recovering and enjoying their stay.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rochester Regional Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight