Rochester Regional Health Employee Reviews

Fun work place
Guest Services (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYDecember 6, 2018
This is the best work experience to have people make you feel welcomed you always see smiling faces and you get to build a connection with the patients whatever way you turn there’s always someone greeting you 💝
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Mean patients
Appointment coordinator (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 29, 2018
Friendly environment, management takes care of you some days you can have that are slow and some that are very fast paced you have to like to work with different personalities
Love the Medical Field
Secretary (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 28, 2018
Medical Career Advancement. Stay focused and pace yourself. Love what you do and continue towards your goal. Overtime is readily available, have a passion for helping others.
Pros
Work holidays
No advancement, toxic culture and cutting corners
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Newark, NYNovember 28, 2018
Place has become toxic. People are miserable because of the changes. More focus is on Money and not the sick people. Leaders are hired to cut costs, not to care. Will not promote from within, lies and laziness are valued over other traits.

Constant drama from anyone from any department. Made to feel as though, we are just easily replaceable cogs in the giant machine. Given Vacation, but being made to feel guilty if we ask for any time off.

Could be a GREAT place, if each location were truly unique and not just a new device used to increase profits and cut their competition. Time, Money and care are now missing.
Pros
Benefits, pension, vacation
Cons
Toxic environment, no advancement, no hope
Checked the status of all HVAC Systems
HVAC Licensed Technician (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 10, 2018
Upon arrival to my work place, I would hold a meeting with the other HVAC Technicians about the plan of the day. Such as who was covering service calls and what PM needed to be schedules needed to be completed. We would decide among ourselves which projects needed our attention first then follow up with contractor who was doing the work. Team Work was essential to the productivity and success of the shop.
Pros
Communication and Integrity
Cons
Not enough Man Power
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 9, 2018
Great work environment, very collaborative. Always feel supported and trusted. Great, stable company in growing healthcare industry. Good benefits.
helpful to all peers
Payroll Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 5, 2018
before I leave to go home each day, I want to be sure that I was able to assist in any and all ways possible. I will not leave until all phone calls and email are answered.
Productive , understanding
Appointment Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 5, 2018
Working for Rochester Regional has been truly a great experience. Within the first year of employment I have learned and grown . Management engage with their employers making us feel like they care , Always willing to help out and understand,
Great co-workers-horrible leadership
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Newark, NYNovember 4, 2018
I loved my job, my co-workers were the best and I made my job worthwhile. The management will lie to your face, and cross you every chance you get. Some admin staff care about their patients, and they aren't afraid to call out lazy/incompetent staff regardless of role or status. Unfortunately, a lot of admin that aren't current or former nurses, care more about the dollar amount and their bonuses. They also will sabatoge your efforts to advance or move to another career. One of my co-workers attempted to switch to a clinical role from our department, only to have our director spread rumors and wreck his chances. Our director also refuses to hire old employees, regardless of their record. We had a guy try to come back with a spotless record and was making improvements within the department and the hospital leave for a better job, and when things didn't work out and he tried to come back, our director kept contacting him informing him that he would be starting soon, only to hire another candidate, with no track record and we now have to train this guy. Great place to work, horrible leadership to work with.
Pros
Great job, rewarding and you learn a lot
Cons
Horrible part time benefits, horrible leadership and pay could be raised.
Great Team
Support Tech (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 30, 2018
I worked for 2 months at Rochester Regional Health as a contract employee and had a great time working with a great team of professionals. The team was very supportive of each other and management was also very supportive. I strongly recommend this organization.
I absolutely enjoy my job!
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Clifton Springs, NYOctober 19, 2018
I enjoy working for RRH and would recommend this company to my friends and family! I think that you get different managers/coworkers and attitudes with each dept and you just have to know how to cope with each of them! Unfortunately, you will never get along with every single person! This is the first place that I have found that it is competitive pay, I am able to brush most things off that coworkers may say to/about me and just enjoy my job and what I do, and I can just come to work and do what I am supposed to do and try my hardest to make a difference in someone else’s life! Security staff is always around to make sure that all staff are safe! Also, when working nights it seems that ALL depts work well together because we all know that there is only a skeletal crew available during the graveyard shift and each other is all we have! I appreciate the majority of the people I work with!
Pros
Incentive pay to pick up overtime if offered due to extremely short staff, discounts for amusement park tickets/rental cars/hotels, close parking to facility, competitive pay
Cons
Expensive health/vision/dental insurance, short staffed, 8 hour shifts
Interesting Place to Work
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 17, 2018
Health care is by its very nature interesting and stimulating. Every day is a challenge to do your best for yourself, your co-workers, and patients and their families. This is the most enjoyable part, but also the most difficult.
Pros
Service to others
benefits
Needs more of a positive environment.
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  The Women's CenterOctober 9, 2018
I was hired as a per diem RN.I had numerous responsibilities and insufficient support.Orientation was not long enough.To many medical assistants with to much down time,they complained of being bored.They spent lots of time socializing.The RN's and LPN's run like crazy.
Sensitivity training was needed and reinforced on the unit.I was asked several times what my age was and why I hadn't retired.
Pros
Sufficient breaks.Discounts at Pharmacy.Gym membership.
Cons
Poor orientation.People openly express their frustration with job.Not a positive environment.
poor management, good co workers
Addictions Therapist III (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 3, 2018
Poor management, good co-workers, pay was not suitable to the job, benefits were decent, usually room for advancement but mainly due to other people leaving.
Inconsistent with HR policies
Office Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 3, 2018
Ok for the most part of the 8 years I was there. The system did give me growth opportunities but when it came down to policies and consistency, they lacked.
Pros
Growth Opportunity
Cons
Inconsistent policy
Still learning its way
Manager (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 2, 2018
Regional Health is still a fairly new organization and is learning its way. It is slowly finding methods for melding the employees from five hospitals into a unified force. Consequently, some areas are experiencing high turnover rates. Employees in these areas find it difficult to turn out good work when they are constantly training new co-workers or covering for open positions.
Pros
Free fitness center, corporate employees may work remotely during bad weather events.
Cons
Upper management makes decisions without considering how it impacts other employees.
Merger
Manager (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 25, 2018
The merger significantly changed the culture to one of prioritizing budget lines over employees and patients. There is a way to balance budgets and margins with taking care of employees and patients. Unfortunately, senior leadership does not seem interested in creating this balance.
Horrible, hostile work environment
Desktop System Engineer (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 24, 2018
Difficult place to work, extremely long hours for no additional pay, no support from management provided for aggressive impossible project deadlines, etc.
Pros
Not much
Cons
Unable to plan a life outside of work, as on call expectations are constant.
Per Diem job
Rochester NY Unit Secretary/Emergency Dept (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 22, 2018
At one time was full time overnights and it was exhausting mentally and physically, but enjoy the job a lot as well as my co-workers, nurses and Doctors. Now that I am per diem, my nurse friends show me so much love when I come into work and appreciate the job that I do, and my work ethic. The seem to rely on me when needed for different aspects and that makes me feel appreciated and needed. Society can sometimes make the atmosphere in the ED very hard and grueling, but the team that I work with steps up and everyone is supportive. I enjoy my job in the hospital setting, especially in the ED and I also enjoy the aspects of the job itself and would really like to come back full time to the position or find something similar to it. RRHS is a growing health system and would love to be able to grow with it, but it does seem to be difficult to be considered for other positions.
Great place to get experience
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)/ Shahbaz (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 4, 2018
It's a nice place to work and grow work wise. It offers descent benefits and pay. Your satisfaction will depend upon the job position that you look for.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rochester Regional Health. Our community is ready to answer.