Rochester Regional Health Employee Reviews in Newark, NY

Fast paced
Medical Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Newark, NYMarch 21, 2019
Work consisted of meeting with patients and their families to discuss discharge planning. We helped patients and families choose nursing homes for rehab and permanent placement. We assisted patients fin finding housing and PCP.
Pros
There was alot of peer support.
Cons
Not alot of adequate supervision
Nice place to work
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Newark, NYDecember 5, 2018
Nice place to work. Vary diverse groups of people. Friendly staff.some mangeral issues but overall hood work environment. Hard to advance in certain areas.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Rulea and policy changes frequently
No advancement, toxic culture and cutting corners
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Newark, NYNovember 28, 2018
Place has become toxic. People are miserable because of the changes. More focus is on Money and not the sick people. Leaders are hired to cut costs, not to care. Will not promote from within, lies and laziness are valued over other traits.

Constant drama from anyone from any department. Made to feel as though, we are just easily replaceable cogs in the giant machine. Given Vacation, but being made to feel guilty if we ask for any time off.

Could be a GREAT place, if each location were truly unique and not just a new device used to increase profits and cut their competition. Time, Money and care are now missing.
Pros
Benefits, pension, vacation
Cons
Toxic environment, no advancement, no hope
Great co-workers-horrible leadership
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Newark, NYNovember 4, 2018
I loved my job, my co-workers were the best and I made my job worthwhile. The management will lie to your face, and cross you every chance you get. Some admin staff care about their patients, and they aren't afraid to call out lazy/incompetent staff regardless of role or status. Unfortunately, a lot of admin that aren't current or former nurses, care more about the dollar amount and their bonuses. They also will sabatoge your efforts to advance or move to another career. One of my co-workers attempted to switch to a clinical role from our department, only to have our director spread rumors and wreck his chances. Our director also refuses to hire old employees, regardless of their record. We had a guy try to come back with a spotless record and was making improvements within the department and the hospital leave for a better job, and when things didn't work out and he tried to come back, our director kept contacting him informing him that he would be starting soon, only to hire another candidate, with no track record and we now have to train this guy. Great place to work, horrible leadership to work with.
Pros
Great job, rewarding and you learn a lot
Cons
Horrible part time benefits, horrible leadership and pay could be raised.
great place to work
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Newark, NYFebruary 14, 2018
I loved working at Rochester Regional Health, but unfortunately I had to relocate. I had a wonderful experience learning my role as a Patient Care Technician.
i am very happy
Lead Cardiac Sonographer (Current Employee) –  Newark, NY 14513March 21, 2017
I work in a small community hospital which has its pros and cons. The most enjoyable part of my job is and always has been working with people. The benefits are excellent and the management has always been very receptive to the employees. Overall I am very happy and could not have asked for a better place to work.
Pros
The people i work with, benefits
Cons
Small town mentality, which does appear to be changing.
Great Company that is growing into a regional leaders in health care.
District Food Service Director / Executive Chef (Current Employee) –  Newark, NYJanuary 3, 2017
Rochester regional system is a fantastic employer that is really going into the regions best healthcare providers. The company offers great benefits, pay and tremendous room for growth.
Social Work
Medical Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Newark, NYJune 13, 2016
Work is fair but we are often under staffed. I have worked there for a year. We have great benefits. It is an big organization with much room for advancement.