Rochester Regional Health Employee Reviews in Rochester, NY

team work when all the employees work together is great.
Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 3, 2019
The company is a place to work for and they help you in so many ways they provide you the ability to move up in the company especially and they also cover your nursing classes through the company . Rochester Regional is a great company to work .
Pros
free lunch tickets
Cons
breaks
Variety of hours
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 3, 2019
Working for RRH has been a great learning experience especially in the operating room. The work culture had been fast paced and helped me develope my professional skills and my nursing interventions.
Good work environment, friendly coworkers
Scheduling Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 29, 2019
A typical day is very fast paced and never the same. I have learned to multitask and adjust to the trials of the day. Management was kind and but very busy. Everyone in the workplace was competent and easy to work with.
Unity only
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 29, 2019
Loved working here, but felt over-worked, under-paid and unappreciated. Burn out is a real problem, staff-retention is not good. I loved my coworkers, the atmosphere and the job.
Pros
loved the job
Cons
over-worked, under-paid and unappreciated
Exellent
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 23, 2019
The Rochester General Hospital is an excellent hospital where very good health quality is provided to all patients gives you the possibility to continue growing in your field of work in what you like to do,in my stay I have no negative advice to the contrary all positive that continue with that good work attitude,and I am very grateful to have been a member of this great company.
Penny pinching company
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 7, 2019
They focus more on numbers rather than look out for the provider. Compassionate coworkers, management is aweful and would not recommend working there.
Poor management/ no training/ no standards or written procedures
Access Associate (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 25, 2019
For such an important Corpiration the wages are below minimum and there is too much micro managing. The managers belittle their employees. No written procedures,
Pros
Free gym insite
Cons
Wages below minimum
It’s a good place to work
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 23, 2019
The staff is annoying and the supervisors are horrible they don’t know how to talk to their employees. They want respect but don’t give respect. If they get new management I think that RGH would be a great place to work. It’s really not a bad place to work if you do your job and do well
Pros
Ok money
Cons
Your work is taken for granted
Lack of knowledge/ support from management. But coworkers were great!
Outpatient Coder (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 11, 2019
There was a lack of support from management. They were also not knowledgeable in regards to my title. It was self taught or help from coworkers. Coworkers were great to work with.
poor supervisor management
Access Associate (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 8, 2019
favoritism was the name of the game in the office I was in. One person would get written up for answering a phone call. Another person could talk on their cell phone, watch videos, leave her desk for 45 min. and that wasn't a problem
Pros
Loved working with the patients
Cons
Need to teach supervisor how to be fair to ALL employees
Large corporation that treated me like a number
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 7, 2019
I felt like a number in my department and many people felt replaceable. It was not professional, very high school like. I imagine different departments are different. I was in patient services (phlebotomy). After the merge it was so unorganized it was overwhelming. I was there for a year and a half without a raise. I felt very unappreciated and overworked.
Great Place to Work for
MRI Technologist (MR) (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 6, 2019
Management is easy to communicate with and always willing to listen and help with whatever you need. My co-workers make for a fun and enjoyable work environment. Every one helps each other without hesitation. Very productive and high demand department.
Strong Mission and Vision
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 6, 2019
Mission and vision is clear in the organization's culture. Supports community with several community-based programs. Collaboration and team work is visible in the organization.
surgery
ACNP (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 5, 2019
unorganized, many changes occurring at one time, minimal leadership skills and or communication, the patient focus has been compromised with lack of staff,
Work overload
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 1, 2019
Stressed , managers never understand the workload, very high turnover , made new friendships, training is unprepared, onboarding is very unorganized with the training department
Cons
No training managers just don’t care
Great heatlhcare organization to work for
Clinical Analyst (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 30, 2019
I really enjoyed working for RRH. They gave me learning experience working for another EMR system and at the most part worked as a team within my department
Acess to the gym with no membership
Senior Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NY 14621March 19, 2019
worked for the organization and it was great until there was a merge with another organization, and everything went down hill. All the good employees that were there for over 20 years quit because all the changes It was not a good place to work.. It's ashamed I really enjoyed my job until the new organization took over
Pros
Yearly gift cards
Cons
Not flexible with employees needs
Okay place to work.
Dialysis Technician (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 13, 2019
When the merger between Rochester General and Unity Hospital happened it left unity workers with by the short end of the stick. it created more jobs which is a wonderful thing but the unity employees are stuck with the same salary while new hires are coming in at Rochester Regional pay scale and it is a substantial difference.
Pros
Alot of jobs
Cons
No good pay, especially prior unity employees
Rochester Regional Health Primary Care Offices
LPN Internal Medicine (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 6, 2019
Hiring process can be lengthy but the company truly wants to get the right people in the right roles. I left as the position was too far to travel and the company required 1 year commitment at that particular site even though there were multiple openings 10 miles closer to me. Ultimately I left the company for another position that was closer to home.
Pros
solid training, great place to start off, electronic systems
Cons
unaccomadating with transfers
Fast paced, opportunity to take on other tasks and positive work environment.
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 5, 2019
Work environment is fast paced, opportunity to work with the public at various levels and assist providers and staff with day to day administrative operations.
Pros
Flexible work schedules
Cons
More team building is needed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rochester Regional Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight