Rochester Regional Health Employee Reviews for Administrative Assistant

Great place to work as part of a team.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 10, 2019
I loved my job at RGH. I was there for 13years and would still be there if I had not relocated. Am looking for another job where I can be valued for my skills and part of the team. I enjoyed working on projects such as payment and tracking for the locum physicians. I would open the office send faxes prepare paperwork for signatures. Run reports for charge tracking and send emails to physicians. Order weekly lunch and sent up lunch for education meeting weekly. Set up quarterly meeting for reviews for directors. Working with the Physicians and office staff was truly a gift.
Pros
Able to work on own knowing what is expected and getting the job done.
Stressful
Administrative Assistant, Purchasing Assistant (Former Employee) –  100 Kings Highway SouthJune 3, 2018
There was very little to no training on a lot of the system in purchasing, which was fine for me because I catch on quickly, but a lot of people didn't know how to do certain things. It's not their fault since training was poor, but it caused a lot of confusion between the department. Accounts Payable and Purchasing departments did not work well together, causing even more confusing, and management did not handle any situations properly. It was a very stressful environment.
Pros
Cafe in the building
Cons
Poor environment, immature supervisors
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 14, 2017
It's a good place to work but since they have merged with Unity, job security is not great. I like the people I work with and the people that I work for but have seen many lose their positions since the merger.
Productive and fulfilling
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 4, 2016
A day in the Rochester Regional Purchasing Department is rather busy. You can be asked to work on a multitude of tasks. The coworkers are all very nice and supportive. The management is great as well.
Caring people in a healthcare environment
Pediatric Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 19, 2014
Enjoy working with the med students and preparation of grand rounds. Good teamwork and friendly atmosphere.
Pros
Great teamwork
Cons
Don't typically take a lunch break
Administrative Assistant  (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 16, 2013
Very good environment
Very good co-workers
Variety of work made it very interesting