Rochester Regional Health Employee Reviews for Licensed Practical Nurse

Not a nice place to work anymore. Lack of professionalism by Physicians, staff and management
LPN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Unity at RidgewayFebruary 2, 2019
A typical day at work was dealing with a Doctor who was always late (like 25-30 mins - had patients in the room waiting) and then said Doctor would blame staff for running behind. Some physicians are "real" others act like they walk on water and cannot take constructive criticism by management. Some doctors treat their nurses like 2nd class. Management does not care about the individual. Some management gets involved with petty talk from other employees, not to mention some managers get directly "involved" with their staff. Human Resources does nothing for the employee.
Pros
Pay
Cons
No breaks
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 4, 2018
When I worked at Strong Hospital I was a Patient Care Technician. My day would start off doing blood draws and vitals. I would also assist the patient with personal care.
Not happy
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  PRLCNovember 4, 2017
Not happy, no work life balance. Favoritism is practiced. I thought it would be different when I first began. I have not been happy here since early on. I previously worked for RGH before the merge, it was very different under RGH vs RRHS.
lead office staff not supportive
LPN (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 22, 2017
I was consistently second guessed and then when I had a seizure at work I was barked at to have passwords reset to get back into the system and continue working for the day. Then asked to give a list of passwords to said lead staff to have so if it happened again they could just get me back in. I was made to work the rest of the day and drive home post ictal. not a good experience. I am not longer able to drive as I had a second one before work and ended up in ER. I can only work close by.
Pros
close to the only pharmacy we were allowed to use
Cons
highly stressful
Enjoy working with patients
LPN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 14, 2017
Enjoy working with patients. Being able to be a part of their care during a big change in their life on many levels. Being able to grow skills in another area of nursing.
I happen to work in an out patient office, off campus. It is enjoyable.
LPN (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 25, 2017
As an LPN I have both direct and telephone contact with patients. This has been a great company to work for. However, since the merger, things are changing and not necessarily for the good of the employees.
Great company to work for
LPN (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 29, 2017
great management team, very flexible. Educational environment. willing work with staff on various levels. will definitely return to work for them one day
A great place to work, with plenty of options to advance your career
LPN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 28, 2017
I have worked in various facilities at RRH and Unity Health System. Now that the two have merged, it gives greater options to advance my license and my career. All the facilities I have worked in have all employed awesome co-workers and good management. The hardest part of the job is dealing with difficult providers or unhappy patients, however, I have been a LPN long enough to realize that is typical in every medical facility. The most enjoyable part in my day is knowing at the end of the day, I made a difference to someone.
Pros
At Unity they give support staff more PTO
Cons
RRH does not give as much PTO
excellent-always treated employees and patients with respect
LPN (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 9, 2015
excellent place to work..Family friendly.always treated staff and patients with care and respect.Many opportunities for learning