Rochester Regional Health Employee Reviews for Patient Care Technician

Exellent
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 23, 2019
The Rochester General Hospital is an excellent hospital where very good health quality is provided to all patients gives you the possibility to continue growing in your field of work in what you like to do,in my stay I have no negative advice to the contrary all positive that continue with that good work attitude,and I am very grateful to have been a member of this great company.
Productive and fun place to work with
PATIENT CARE TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 23, 2019
Rochester Regional health is a good company to work for, you can always move up in life with this company. There is so many jobs you can work for and improve
Pros
Pto, vacation time
Cons
12 hours
Challenging and educating place to work
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 29, 2018
Working here gives you the ability to learn something new every day. It is a wonderful place to work hard and grow individually and as a team. Working along side helpful and caring individuals makes it easy and fun to go to work
Pros
flexible scheduling
No advancement, toxic culture and cutting corners
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Newark, NYNovember 28, 2018
Place has become toxic. People are miserable because of the changes. More focus is on Money and not the sick people. Leaders are hired to cut costs, not to care. Will not promote from within, lies and laziness are valued over other traits.

Constant drama from anyone from any department. Made to feel as though, we are just easily replaceable cogs in the giant machine. Given Vacation, but being made to feel guilty if we ask for any time off.

Could be a GREAT place, if each location were truly unique and not just a new device used to increase profits and cut their competition. Time, Money and care are now missing.
Pros
Benefits, pension, vacation
Cons
Toxic environment, no advancement, no hope
ok
PCT (Patient Care Technician) (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 30, 2018
worked with great people but nursing manager was the worst person ive ever met. she never helped and was awful to her employees and there was way too much work and not enough staff
Pros
experience co workers
Cons
labor management not enough staff
N/a
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 14, 2018
Not a good company to work for, management is very poor, not a team work setting, you have to work on your own. Nobody helps each other. Just very poor setting.
Pct
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 27, 2018
Love taking care of people, doing Vital Signs, helping with daily activities and working with all ages and different types of people. Learned alot working here
great place to work
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Newark, NYFebruary 14, 2018
I loved working at Rochester Regional Health, but unfortunately I had to relocate. I had a wonderful experience learning my role as a Patient Care Technician.
Awesome team
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYDecember 27, 2017
A typical day at work with my colleagues has shown me how far you can go as a team . Caring for these patients is a pleasure.
Every day is something new and the fast pace makes the day go by fast
A good starting out job
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Greece, NYNovember 28, 2017
The people who work there are not very friendly and they do not respect you as a coworker. The management forgets what you have talked to them about and don't like to accommodate you.
pct
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Greece, NYOctober 1, 2017
horrible place to work, nurses treat techs like slaves. Enjoyable working with other techs however management and others do not care about employees..
paced out depending on your department
PCT (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 18, 2017
typical day learn a lot of customer service different ways to solve issues, each manager is different. Some communicate face to face, while others communicate through email. Different cultures and races are accepted. The hardest part is being misunderstood or having miscommunication. The best part is working with others and getting to know new faces. Its a good start in the beginning of a work career. Decent place to work for. The pay rate could be better
Cons
short breaks, working weekends, shift rotation
Great place
Patient Care Technician/Secretary (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 2, 2017
I loved working on my unit at Unity Hospital however the pay wasn't that great and there was no professional growth available for me. Unlike many, I wasn't looking to become a nurse but love the hospital setting,
Pros
luncheons and free apparel
Cons
pay
Wonderful place to work
Unity Hospital Patient Care Technician I (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 12, 2017
Overall, it is a very fulfilling job depsite a heavy work load. It is also an excellent learning mechanism for future endeavors. Great place to work and awesome co-workers.
provides you with hands on care with patients
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 3, 2017
I love working with my patients tends to be complicated when under staffed but as team players we get the job done nice and safe
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
higher level staff not appoarchable
debt
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 20, 2016
PCR was a great job to learn computer skills. Its work that you do on own. there is not much team work. I was able to learn many new computer skills.
Gained a lot of knowledge and quality experience
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Irondequoit, NYMay 26, 2016
Staffing was always an issue due to the fact that budgets were more important rather than having the appropriate amount of staff on hand to provide the best patient care possible but my coworkers and i came together and got the job done regardless.
Pros
Benefits. Tuition reimbursement
Cons
Short staffed.
Supportive work environment
Patient Care Technician I (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 2, 2015
Unity Hospital (division of Rochester Regional Health System) has been a wonderful place to start my healthcare career. My position as Patient Care Technician in the emergency department is a challenging and fulfilling job. Every shift sees different patients and a wide variety of procedures and patient care. Management and co-workers are supportive and great team players; everyone pulls together especially during times of high patient volume. The hardest part of the job is being with someone as they pass away and/or being with the family as they learn of their loved ones fate. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping people in their time of need. This is irregardless of whether their need is assistance to the bathroom, a hand to hold during a procedure, or just a kind person to talk to during what can be a very anxious time.
Pros
Benefits, perks, schedule flexibility
Cons
Occasionally understaffed, verbal & physical attacks by angry or mentally challenged patients.