Rochester Regional Health Employee Reviews for Registered Nurse

room for growth
RN Clinical Leader (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYFebruary 4, 2019
mid-size healthcare organization where there is a lot of diversity, room for growth, and innovation. Stability and longevity, retirement is foreseeable.
I absolutely enjoy my job!
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Clifton Springs, NYOctober 19, 2018
I enjoy working for RRH and would recommend this company to my friends and family! I think that you get different managers/coworkers and attitudes with each dept and you just have to know how to cope with each of them! Unfortunately, you will never get along with every single person! This is the first place that I have found that it is competitive pay, I am able to brush most things off that coworkers may say to/about me and just enjoy my job and what I do, and I can just come to work and do what I am supposed to do and try my hardest to make a difference in someone else’s life! Security staff is always around to make sure that all staff are safe! Also, when working nights it seems that ALL depts work well together because we all know that there is only a skeletal crew available during the graveyard shift and each other is all we have! I appreciate the majority of the people I work with!
Pros
Incentive pay to pick up overtime if offered due to extremely short staff, discounts for amusement park tickets/rental cars/hotels, close parking to facility, competitive pay
Cons
Expensive health/vision/dental insurance, short staffed, 8 hour shifts
Needs more of a positive environment.
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  The Women's CenterOctober 9, 2018
I was hired as a per diem RN.I had numerous responsibilities and insufficient support.Orientation was not long enough.To many medical assistants with to much down time,they complained of being bored.They spent lots of time socializing.The RN's and LPN's run like crazy.
Sensitivity training was needed and reinforced on the unit.I was asked several times what my age was and why I hadn't retired.
Pros
Sufficient breaks.Discounts at Pharmacy.Gym membership.
Cons
Poor orientation.People openly express their frustration with job.Not a positive environment.
challenging but rewarding
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 9, 2018
Most difficult part of the day was getting 4-6 patients and having medications, wound dressings, BGs, baths, discharges, etc completed on a timely basis.
Pros
make own schedule
Cons
short lunches
great team
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 5, 2018
we had very good team on our unit, staff was competitive in improving the unit.Great team work. This is regards Newark Wayne hospital. Not sure about the rest of the system
Overall a great place to work
Emergency Department Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Clifton Springs, NYJanuary 6, 2018
I enjoy working at Rochester Regional Health. I have not left and I am currently employed here. I have a wonderful manager in the ED. I have great co workers. I have been here for 10 years. I am currently just looking for something different in my professional career. I have enjoyed emergency nursing for ten years but I am ready to try something different.
Good Experience
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 26, 2017
I have had a great experience working for Rochester General Hospital. It was a pleasant working environment and they offered competitive pay. I would recommend working there.
Excellent Supervision and Medical Staff
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Rochester NYApril 30, 2017
We are a very busy clinic with 6 physicians. Medical Assistants and LPN's room our patients and prepare for the physicians. The most enjoyable part of the job are the wonderful medical staff that make our patients feel important and cared for.
Pros
No weekends
Cons
Sometimes short staff
producive and fun work place
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 11, 2017
I've learned a lot and worked with some fantastic people. Management is always available and helpful. There is room for upward mobility if you decide to climb the clinical ladder
registered nurse
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Clifton Springs, NYFebruary 26, 2017
decent place. The health system is progressive. It likes to grow "their own nurses". However, there is lack of leadership in the smaller subsidiaries of the health system
Emergency/Trauma
Emergency/Trauma RN (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYDecember 5, 2015
A typical day at work includes a very fast paced high acuity environment that I strive in. I am very proud to almost always be charting concurrently. There has just been a turn over in management. The co-workers are a great team of individuals that are very supportive of team work.
Pros
High acuity patients
Cons
Once a month I receive a break if that
Hospital
Registered Nurse First Assistant (Current Employee) –  Batavia NYSeptember 5, 2015
Plentiful work. Busy operating room and endoscopy suites. Much can be learned daily. Physicians pleasant, co-workers pleasant.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
close work environment
It's a great place to work.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 14, 2015
It is a great place to work. The general working atmosphere is that of friendly and positive. The most enjoyable part of my job is the interaction with other employees, the patients and their families.
Pros
flexibilty
Cons
unpaid lunch break