Rochester Regional Health Culture reviews

Do not work here.
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Batavia, NYMay 18, 2019
There is a lot of favoritism and unprofessionalism from management. SOME of the coworkers are nice to work with. If you work here your stress level will go WAY up. Whatever you do, nothing is ever good enough.
Pros
Paid time off after 90 days
Cons
Culture, management, and stress
Great Place to Work for
MRI Technologist (MR) (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 6, 2019
Management is easy to communicate with and always willing to listen and help with whatever you need. My co-workers make for a fun and enjoyable work environment. Every one helps each other without hesitation. Very productive and high demand department.
Strong Mission and Vision
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 6, 2019
Mission and vision is clear in the organization's culture. Supports community with several community-based programs. Collaboration and team work is visible in the organization.
Great heatlhcare organization to work for
Clinical Analyst (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 30, 2019
I really enjoyed working for RRH. They gave me learning experience working for another EMR system and at the most part worked as a team within my department
n/a
Talent Acquisition Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 4, 2019
The atmosphere is friendly. I've only been part of the team under 2 years now. I am open to staying at the company. However, my desire to relocate is greater at this time.
Good place to work however my department had poor Management
Access Associate (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 23, 2019
Management in my department is lacking. However the company overall is a good place to work. Great benefits and incentives. Most of the people that work there are good people.
enjoyment of job
Senior Access Associate (Former Employee) –  Geneseo, NY 14454January 19, 2019
I thoroughly enjoyed greeting my patients each and every day and finding creative ways to make the registration process less tedious for the patients;
Pros
very large company
Cons
politics
Challenging and educating place to work
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 29, 2018
Working here gives you the ability to learn something new every day. It is a wonderful place to work hard and grow individually and as a team. Working along side helpful and caring individuals makes it easy and fun to go to work
Pros
flexible scheduling
Great Team
Support Tech (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 30, 2018
I worked for 2 months at Rochester Regional Health as a contract employee and had a great time working with a great team of professionals. The team was very supportive of each other and management was also very supportive. I strongly recommend this organization.
I absolutely enjoy my job!
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Clifton Springs, NYOctober 19, 2018
I enjoy working for RRH and would recommend this company to my friends and family! I think that you get different managers/coworkers and attitudes with each dept and you just have to know how to cope with each of them! Unfortunately, you will never get along with every single person! This is the first place that I have found that it is competitive pay, I am able to brush most things off that coworkers may say to/about me and just enjoy my job and what I do, and I can just come to work and do what I am supposed to do and try my hardest to make a difference in someone else’s life! Security staff is always around to make sure that all staff are safe! Also, when working nights it seems that ALL depts work well together because we all know that there is only a skeletal crew available during the graveyard shift and each other is all we have! I appreciate the majority of the people I work with!
Pros
Incentive pay to pick up overtime if offered due to extremely short staff, discounts for amusement park tickets/rental cars/hotels, close parking to facility, competitive pay
Cons
Expensive health/vision/dental insurance, short staffed, 8 hour shifts
Productive workplace, collaborative approach to solving problems encouraged
Level 1 RN/Clinician (Former Employee) –  89 Genesee St, Rochester NY 14611October 12, 2018
A typical day at work involved receiving or giving a verbal report about each patient on the unit, and about the milieu in general. Safety observation was completed either every 7.5 minutes or 15 minutes, dependent on individual risk factors. The RN was required to provide direct patient observation at least 3 times every hour. Documentation in EMR was generally completed every hour or two, depending on acuity of clinical care required on the unit. Staffing was comprised of 1 PAO(Mental Health counselor)1 RN and 1 Medical Assistant. The general culture was friendly and flexible. I found the most difficult of the job to be having to prioritize clinical duties between patients, by triaging bases on individual needs. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was developing new social relationships. I also enjoyed providing assistance as needed in the Urgent Care Department, which was next-door. That included primarily triage with initial vital sign monitoring.
Pros
Coupons for discount meals in the cafeteria on holidays
Cons
Limited coverage for unanticipated absences due to small staff size.
ok
PCT (Patient Care Technician) (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 30, 2018
worked with great people but nursing manager was the worst person ive ever met. she never helped and was awful to her employees and there was way too much work and not enough staff
Pros
experience co workers
Cons
labor management not enough staff
Merger
Manager (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 25, 2018
The merger significantly changed the culture to one of prioritizing budget lines over employees and patients. There is a way to balance budgets and margins with taking care of employees and patients. Unfortunately, senior leadership does not seem interested in creating this balance.
A day at work for RRH
Appointment coordinator (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 1, 2018
A typical day at work was answering the phones from 8-4:30 to help patients with their care. I learned how to help patients with appointments, prescriptions, and help with other needs that they may have ( letters and orders needed). I learned how to care for patients by the use of their system for medical records.

The work place culture mostly is mostly employees on the phone for 8 hours per day. We would have monthly meetings. The hardest part of my job was trying to help a sick patient and not being able to get a hold of nurses in a timely fashion. I am passionate about helping people in a timely fashion.

The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to help people get better and manage their health.
Pros
Candy cart, games, longer lunches on picnic days, picnics and an onsite full gym. It was free for employees.
Cons
A con was lack of communication in a fast pased ever changing environment.
N/a
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 14, 2018
Not a good company to work for, management is very poor, not a team work setting, you have to work on your own. Nobody helps each other. Just very poor setting.
never a dull moment
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Clifton Springs, NYJuly 30, 2018
there is always something to do. there are many things to learn from how to wash and sanitize pans to becoming a supervisor. management tries to do a good job. most employees are friendly. the hardest part of the job is having a full staff on a daily basis. the most enjoyable part of the job is meeting the nursing home residents
Pros
free meals
Cons
staff turn around
Primary Therapist, Unity Behavioral Health (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 1, 2018
RR BH clinic was good as far as atmosphere but challenging for a single mother, there were long work hours and case loads were tremendous.

But this is true of most mental health clinics and at RR, we were supported and treated very well by management.
Pros
Supportive co-workers who were not cut-throat
Cons
Huge caseloads and long work hours/13+ hour days on mid range salary
Climate change after the merge
Counselor (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 11, 2018
The pay and benefits are good. The hardest part of the job is being asked to sacrifice quality for quantity. This was not the culture prior to the merge.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Business oriented, not patient oriented
Productive and fulfilling workplace
Addiction Therapist (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 10, 2018
Productive and fulfilling workplace
Supportive staff
Advancement is encouraged by supervisors
Family is a priority for my supervisors
Can be hectic and busy- but I love it
great team
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 5, 2018
we had very good team on our unit, staff was competitive in improving the unit.Great team work. This is regards Newark Wayne hospital. Not sure about the rest of the system

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rochester Regional Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight