Rochester Regional Health Pay & Benefits reviews

Loved working for RRH
Customer Service Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 16, 2019
Absolutely loved working for RRH! Coworkers were great and I loved my supervisor. The pay was average and the benefits were great! I highly recommend RRH!!
Benefits
Do not work here.
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Batavia, NYMay 18, 2019
There is a lot of favoritism and unprofessionalism from management. SOME of the coworkers are nice to work with. If you work here your stress level will go WAY up. Whatever you do, nothing is ever good enough.
Pros
Paid time off after 90 days
Cons
Culture, management, and stress
Purchasing
Corporate Procurement and Contracting (Former Employee) –  Reidman CampusMay 16, 2019
Most Buyers are paid slightly over min wage while doing the work of 3 Buyers. Management does not have a clue and plays favorites.
Raises are non existent but Mgt pays themselves by changing they're titles.
You will regret working in this dept which is why they have huge turnover in the dept. Run and run fast away....dont waste your time. The dept makes the employees raise money for flowers or a a newborn. It really is pathetic being second largest employer in Rochester.
Pros
Cons
Micro magment
Poor management/ no training/ no standards or written procedures
Access Associate (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 25, 2019
For such an important Corpiration the wages are below minimum and there is too much micro managing. The managers belittle their employees. No written procedures,
Pros
Free gym insite
Cons
Wages below minimum
Large corporation that treated me like a number
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 7, 2019
I felt like a number in my department and many people felt replaceable. It was not professional, very high school like. I imagine different departments are different. I was in patient services (phlebotomy). After the merge it was so unorganized it was overwhelming. I was there for a year and a half without a raise. I felt very unappreciated and overworked.
My department was good.
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Geneva, NYMarch 31, 2019
Transcription co-workers were very good to work with. Communication with other employees outside of our department was not always good; i.e., sometimes we weren't filled in on what was going on in other departments.
Pros
Enjoyed people I worked with and job itself
Cons
Poor communication, salary
Okay place to work.
Dialysis Technician (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 13, 2019
When the merger between Rochester General and Unity Hospital happened it left unity workers with by the short end of the stick. it created more jobs which is a wonderful thing but the unity employees are stuck with the same salary while new hires are coming in at Rochester Regional pay scale and it is a substantial difference.
Pros
Alot of jobs
Cons
No good pay, especially prior unity employees
Productive and fun place to work with
PATIENT CARE TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 23, 2019
Rochester Regional health is a good company to work for, you can always move up in life with this company. There is so many jobs you can work for and improve
Pros
Pto, vacation time
Cons
12 hours
Good place to work however my department had poor Management
Access Associate (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 23, 2019
Management in my department is lacking. However the company overall is a good place to work. Great benefits and incentives. Most of the people that work there are good people.
No advancement, toxic culture and cutting corners
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Newark, NYNovember 28, 2018
Place has become toxic. People are miserable because of the changes. More focus is on Money and not the sick people. Leaders are hired to cut costs, not to care. Will not promote from within, lies and laziness are valued over other traits.

Constant drama from anyone from any department. Made to feel as though, we are just easily replaceable cogs in the giant machine. Given Vacation, but being made to feel guilty if we ask for any time off.

Could be a GREAT place, if each location were truly unique and not just a new device used to increase profits and cut their competition. Time, Money and care are now missing.
Pros
Benefits, pension, vacation
Cons
Toxic environment, no advancement, no hope
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 9, 2018
Great work environment, very collaborative. Always feel supported and trusted. Great, stable company in growing healthcare industry. Good benefits.
Great co-workers-horrible leadership
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Newark, NYNovember 4, 2018
I loved my job, my co-workers were the best and I made my job worthwhile. The management will lie to your face, and cross you every chance you get. Some admin staff care about their patients, and they aren't afraid to call out lazy/incompetent staff regardless of role or status. Unfortunately, a lot of admin that aren't current or former nurses, care more about the dollar amount and their bonuses. They also will sabatoge your efforts to advance or move to another career. One of my co-workers attempted to switch to a clinical role from our department, only to have our director spread rumors and wreck his chances. Our director also refuses to hire old employees, regardless of their record. We had a guy try to come back with a spotless record and was making improvements within the department and the hospital leave for a better job, and when things didn't work out and he tried to come back, our director kept contacting him informing him that he would be starting soon, only to hire another candidate, with no track record and we now have to train this guy. Great place to work, horrible leadership to work with.
Pros
Great job, rewarding and you learn a lot
Cons
Horrible part time benefits, horrible leadership and pay could be raised.
I absolutely enjoy my job!
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Clifton Springs, NYOctober 19, 2018
I enjoy working for RRH and would recommend this company to my friends and family! I think that you get different managers/coworkers and attitudes with each dept and you just have to know how to cope with each of them! Unfortunately, you will never get along with every single person! This is the first place that I have found that it is competitive pay, I am able to brush most things off that coworkers may say to/about me and just enjoy my job and what I do, and I can just come to work and do what I am supposed to do and try my hardest to make a difference in someone else’s life! Security staff is always around to make sure that all staff are safe! Also, when working nights it seems that ALL depts work well together because we all know that there is only a skeletal crew available during the graveyard shift and each other is all we have! I appreciate the majority of the people I work with!
Pros
Incentive pay to pick up overtime if offered due to extremely short staff, discounts for amusement park tickets/rental cars/hotels, close parking to facility, competitive pay
Cons
Expensive health/vision/dental insurance, short staffed, 8 hour shifts
Interesting Place to Work
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 17, 2018
Health care is by its very nature interesting and stimulating. Every day is a challenge to do your best for yourself, your co-workers, and patients and their families. This is the most enjoyable part, but also the most difficult.
Pros
Service to others
benefits
poor management, good co workers
Addictions Therapist III (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 3, 2018
Poor management, good co-workers, pay was not suitable to the job, benefits were decent, usually room for advancement but mainly due to other people leaving.
Great place to get experience
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)/ Shahbaz (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 4, 2018
It's a nice place to work and grow work wise. It offers descent benefits and pay. Your satisfaction will depend upon the job position that you look for.
Great Company, Bad Pay
Access Associate (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 31, 2018
I only stay at this company because of my patients. It's so rewarding to know you do all you can to help someone who is very sick get healthy again. However the pay is not worth how much work you do and how much negative patient interaction there is. Management is poor, which adds a very high turnover rate of employees.
Pros
Good benefits, helping people
Cons
Bad pay, no help from management
Work Experience
Care Navigator (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 28, 2018
I have worked for this agency for only a little over a year. I have had some great supervisors and experiences with them. I have recently finished my Masters degree and will be looking for employment opportunities. I thank them for giving me a chance.
Pros
Incentive for free admission to Rochester Museum and Science Center and Strong Musuem
Cons
The Helath Benefits with the hogh deductible plan
Pro-White
Manager (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 4, 2018
RRH does not hire or promote according to your experience, but rather to the color of your skin. It's not what you know, but who you know, and that is not right. It is like that in every department. African Americans and hispanics are not treated equal in comparison to Caucasian employees.
Pros
Medical, and retirement benefits
Cons
Bias hiring practices
Went downhill
BUYER I (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 13, 2018
I loved my job here when we were still Unity Health System. Once we "merged" with RGH, it went downhill. The environment was very hostile and cut throat. Management had their "favorites" so those of us coming over to their site were treated as less than. Our department had a family feel to it and we actually had love for each other, but once the merger took place, we were all moved and separated and were the out casts. This lead to a very stressful work environment and I chose to leave while I still had my sanity.
Benefits
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rochester Regional Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight