Rock Bottom Restaurant and Brewery Employee Reviews

Amazing Opprotunity
Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 18, 2019
This is a great place to work. Like anywhere can get stressful. Lots of great opportunities to learn and meet new people. Lots of hands on stuff to do and learn.
Fast pace work environment and loud
cooking staff (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 17, 2019
A typical day starts with preparing your line with the appropriate amount of food to cook for the day. Then around 5-8 is the dinner rush and after you close your station. While working here i have learned a lot of time management. the Workplace culture is fun and friendly. The hardest part of the job is getting used to the pace that the job requires. The most enjoyable part is working with great people.
Pros
Free meals on shift
Cons
staying late depends on how well you manage your time.
horrible
Server (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLMarch 6, 2019
I helped open this restaurant which the company itself was a great company to work for but the management here was not helpful. The business was very slow.
Friendly atmosphere
Bartender & Server (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 27, 2019
I knew this wasn't going to be a permanent job but for the time being it was a great serving job and welcomed me into Boston. The staff and managers were very friendly and it made the days go by really quick.
Pros
free food
Cons
no breaks
rock bottom
BARTENDER (Current Employee) –  highlands ranchFebruary 1, 2019
I really liked my co workers the only thing wrong with this company is that an opening to a restaurant can be stressful to new managers and they forget that when and where they schedule their servers and bartenders can affect them financially.
Fun Restaurant
SERVER/BARTENDER (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJanuary 26, 2019
Was fun while I worked there over three years. They had to close down due to lack of revenue. They went through a lot of managers but the coworkers were great.
Busy keeps you on your feet.
Server (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COJanuary 6, 2019
My experience varied per location, I have had a run in with both, kind and supportive managers as well as managers that are so incredibly strict and hard on their employees, that a resignation is frequently considered.
Pros
Strong employee support
Cons
No guarantee as to when you'll get off work.
always busy
Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 4, 2019
The Rock Bottom in Nashville Tn is very high volume and gives good service to it's customers but there is very little room for advancement. The brewery side of the business is fascinating.
Pros
high energy
Cons
poor advancement opportunity
Ya
cook (Current Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLDecember 16, 2018
I work at the daytona location. I helped open it. If your a hard worker they will work you like a dog. Pay was great. I would reccommend people there.
good
Prep. Cook (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 9, 2018
the food was very good and the service was quick as we needed to make it to the theater. We went with appetizers and salad that were delicious and plenty of food. Our waiter was very nice and accommodating but forgot a few things which is disappointing at this level of restaurant. We asked for oil with the bread and it never got to the table. We looked for the waiter but were in a back room and did not see him to remind him for the oil so went without. I asked for my salad to have the dressing on the side and it came tossed.
Pros
ok
Cons
Fun people to work with, great food!
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 26, 2018
I still attend Rock Bottom with my parents to eat and still greeted. Learned to be patient with customers, and time management. The hardest part of the job was making sure to go orders were done properly and that people aren't waiting for too long.
fun and upbeat place to work
SERVER (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 18, 2018
Great management, lots of hours. Educated patrons on different alcohol and food items. Long hours and business was always steady. I loved working here and learned how to work in an extremely fast-paced and busy environment while maintaining quick ticket times.
Pros
great team
Cons
Cant't really think of any
Productive, Fun Atmosphere With Plenty of Regulars
Server / Waiter (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZNovember 8, 2018
Great entry into the serving industry, with solid menu items for reasonable prices and a great staff to help you learn! Management is great, and hours are fair and reasonable.
Pros
Half off 1 Menu Item per shift
Cons
no healthcare benifits
Na
Manager- Service (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLNovember 3, 2018
Overall the concept and company as a whole is amazing! I was beyond excited for my journey with Rock Bottom and couldn’t wait to get started! The opening of #1097 was mediocre at best. From upper level management to the training coordinators it was incredibly unorganized, inefficient and ineffective. It was very disapppinting compared to where I trained and what I was expecting.
Great serving Job
Assistant Waiter (Former Employee) –  Homestead, PAOctober 11, 2018
Rock Bottom was a very interesting job. The hours were short and I was tipped out generously at the end of my shift. I was having personal/medical issues so it was best for me to leave the company.
First Job
Host (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 25, 2018
It was ok to work there when I did. Some of the management was just mot fair and so it made the job harder. It was my first job and the workers are the ones that made it fun to work there.
Pros
other workers
Cons
Management sucked
not a fun place to work
Server (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 14, 2018
To be fair, i'm reviewing this from a long time ago. It could be completely different now with different management and staff. bar area employees make the most.
Pros
beer
Cons
money
great place to work and to eat out with your family.
Broiler Chef or Cook (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 10, 2018
I loved rock bottom it was a great place to work and very fast pace great food and great customer service and a very good staff and great cooks. The chief was wonderful and management was great also.
Great food, and a fun atmosphere.
Server (Current Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILSeptember 8, 2018
The employees are great but management isn’t well put together. A lot of miscommunication and lack of being able to run a successful business. Lack of hours, or hours are given to the same people.
Pros
40% discount, free food when you do them favors
Cons
Short breaks(if given one)ack of communication among managers, lack of shifts poor shift plannings
Great with management development
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Campbell, CA 95008August 29, 2018
Great management team. Supportive Corporate staff. Lots of perks for employees and guests. Rewards program. Great large bar. Great place for sporting events. Fresh brewed beer and made from scratch kitchen.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rock Bottom Restaurant and Brewery. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight