Rock Bottom Restaurant and Brewery Employee Reviews

Ya
cook (Current Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLDecember 16, 2018
I work at the daytona location. I helped open it. If your a hard worker they will work you like a dog. Pay was great. I would reccommend people there.
good
Prep. Cook (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 9, 2018
the food was very good and the service was quick as we needed to make it to the theater. We went with appetizers and salad that were delicious and plenty of food. Our waiter was very nice and accommodating but forgot a few things which is disappointing at this level of restaurant. We asked for oil with the bread and it never got to the table. We looked for the waiter but were in a back room and did not see him to remind him for the oil so went without. I asked for my salad to have the dressing on the side and it came tossed.
Pros
ok
Cons
Fun people to work with, great food!
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 26, 2018
I still attend Rock Bottom with my parents to eat and still greeted. Learned to be patient with customers, and time management. The hardest part of the job was making sure to go orders were done properly and that people aren't waiting for too long.
fun and upbeat place to work
SERVER (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 18, 2018
Great management, lots of hours. Educated patrons on different alcohol and food items. Long hours and business was always steady. I loved working here and learned how to work in an extremely fast-paced and busy environment while maintaining quick ticket times.
Pros
great team
Cons
Cant't really think of any
Productive, Fun Atmosphere With Plenty of Regulars
Server / Waiter (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZNovember 8, 2018
Great entry into the serving industry, with solid menu items for reasonable prices and a great staff to help you learn! Management is great, and hours are fair and reasonable.
Pros
Half off 1 Menu Item per shift
Cons
no healthcare benifits
Na
Manager- Service (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLNovember 3, 2018
Overall the concept and company as a whole is amazing! I was beyond excited for my journey with Rock Bottom and couldn’t wait to get started! The opening of #1097 was mediocre at best. From upper level management to the training coordinators it was incredibly unorganized, inefficient and ineffective. It was very disapppinting compared to where I trained and what I was expecting.
Great serving Job
Assistant Waiter (Former Employee) –  Homestead, PAOctober 11, 2018
Rock Bottom was a very interesting job. The hours were short and I was tipped out generously at the end of my shift. I was having personal/medical issues so it was best for me to leave the company.
First Job
Host (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 25, 2018
It was ok to work there when I did. Some of the management was just mot fair and so it made the job harder. It was my first job and the workers are the ones that made it fun to work there.
Pros
other workers
Cons
Management sucked
not a fun place to work
Server (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 14, 2018
To be fair, i'm reviewing this from a long time ago. It could be completely different now with different management and staff. bar area employees make the most.
Pros
beer
Cons
money
great place to work and to eat out with your family.
Broiler Chef or Cook (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 10, 2018
I loved rock bottom it was a great place to work and very fast pace great food and great customer service and a very good staff and great cooks. The chief was wonderful and management was great also.
Great food, and a fun atmosphere.
Server (Current Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILSeptember 8, 2018
The employees are great but management isn’t well put together. A lot of miscommunication and lack of being able to run a successful business. Lack of hours, or hours are given to the same people.
Pros
40% discount, free food when you do them favors
Cons
Short breaks(if given one)ack of communication among managers, lack of shifts poor shift plannings
Great with management development
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Campbell, CA 95008August 29, 2018
Great management team. Supportive Corporate staff. Lots of perks for employees and guests. Rewards program. Great large bar. Great place for sporting events. Fresh brewed beer and made from scratch kitchen.
It was a good temporary job
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COAugust 23, 2018
My general manager was the only reason I didn't enjoy working here - very much the opposite of encouraging. However, my FOH managers were GREAT (like the ones right underneath the GM). Being a hostess there was a fine job in my opinion, I was relaxed most of the time. I enjoyed the atmosphere, the food, the beer and SOME of my coworkers. Waitresses complain far too often.
Pros
Occasional free lunch, nothing else
Cons
GM was a jerk for no good reason. Corporate.
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAAugust 23, 2018
This was a pleasant place to work to where everybody function as a team and accomplish the main goal to ensure consistent proper procedure food production on a daily basis
Pros
Consistent hours
Cons
Short breaks
Great Place to work
Server (Former Employee) –  Orland Park, ILAugust 20, 2018
This is a great job to have. They are flexible with hours if you have other things going on, like college in my case. I was able to finish school and play a college sport while working at the restaurant and maintain my hours and be able to pay my way through school.
Fun place to work great co workers
Kitchen Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Campbell, CAAugust 20, 2018
Always busy lots of work great atmosphere the food is good they allow you to eat and sample there is good management support not a stressful place to work
Pros
They feed you
Easy going and fun place to work
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COAugust 13, 2018
I enjoyed working here. The only reason I left was because my manager was intoxicated on her shift and it was hard to do my job when she sSnf doing her job. I do think overall it is a job I would work at again somewhere else.
Pros
Meal benefits, paid weekly, easy hours
Cons
No lunch breaks
Rough
Bartender/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COAugust 12, 2018
i was there for 5 years. In my last year there i saw a change in lead management and witht that change a negative shift in moral. i felt personally retaliated against and pushed out from a job i had good standing in. in 5 year of working there i was never written up until my last 6 months with the company.
fun place to work and meet great friends
Banquet Server/Certified Server Trainer (Former Employee) –  La Jolla, CAAugust 9, 2018
When I moved to San Diego I had no friends working in the restaurant I gained so many friends quickly. I loved everyone I worked with and loved how I was able to do many different jobs so I didn't get bored!
Pros
cheap lunches/dinners, worked with your friends
Cons
not much time for breaks, somedays you made no money, late hours
great
Host/Server (Former Employee) –  Campbell, CAAugust 6, 2018
first job. Got my foot in the door for in the restaurant business. Great for college students. Good money and short hours gave me time to study and get stuff done around the house.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rock Bottom Restaurant and Brewery. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight