Rock Hill School District

Reviewer Recommended

Recommended Workplaces earn this badge by having an average star rating of 4.2 or higher in the last two years, and at least 10 reviews from Indeed users.

Rock Hill School District Employee Reviews

Assistant Football Coach (Former Employee) –  Pedro, OHMarch 14, 2019
Never any trouble with administration. Always willing to provide whatever needed. Always encouraging although results driven. My two immediate supervisors were excellent
Pros
Good people
Cons
Bad boe
Love for students
Paraprofessional Special Education (Current Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCJanuary 3, 2019
The staff gives all they can to help the students succeed. The staff is caring towards each other and are hard working. the students have opportunities to excel using technology.
I love working with my students and their parents.
First Grade Teacher (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCJune 4, 2018
I worked @ a school with a very diverse population. I enjoyed working with all of our students. Some of our special need students enjoyed and explained how they loved our school often.
Fun, Collaborative, and Fast Paced
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCMay 24, 2018
RHSD is a very diverse district in which it has a large population of ESOL. The district is very welcoming of all ethnicities and provides mostly equal opportunities for all students and staff.
Pros
Vacation Months
Cons
Short Breaks and Teacher Pay
The Rock Hill Schools is a very good place to work with great leadership.
Food Service Contract Administrator (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCApril 17, 2018
If you enjoy working with children and having a positive impact in their daily lives, this is the place to work.
The Rock Hill Schools is truly dedicated to the students and providing the best education possible.
Loved it
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCJanuary 16, 2018
Great place and people. There is nothing that you can want for to work in the beautiful school with wonderful students and teachers. It is a hard job but very rewarding.
Challenging and fast-paced environment
Physical Educator (Current Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCJanuary 8, 2018
Great place to begin a career. I was fortunate to have learned a lot while teaching. I was able to develop my skills as a teacher and also a hold a prominent position in the community.
on a simple day
MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Castle Heights Middle SchoolJanuary 3, 2018
When I get to work in the morning I bring up the registers and prepare breakfast serve the kids and then start on lunch. Close out for breakfast and bring up lunch. When the kids come in I forget all about the back of the kitchen and glad to see the kids. They make my day .Especially when they know your name. Then we clean up count the money do the paper work.
Pros
kids
Cons
not enough help
Great new school
School custodian (Former Employee) –  Dutchman Creek middle Mt Gallant elementarySeptember 26, 2017
Dutchman creek middle school, recently built during the time frame that I was employed there. During my employment the expectation were not realistic.
great place to work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCSeptember 15, 2017
Enjoy working with the rock hill school district..
Work orders dealing with great people.Managing operations and responsible for projects.supervised many people and training many teams.
summer position
Summer help (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCJuly 31, 2017
I was only a summer helper due to attending college at the time. I did enjoy my position I had as I was able to learn things in the maintenance field that I did not know about
very laid back work enviroment meet wonderful people
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCJuly 25, 2017
Great job working parents with children with a lot of flexablity. This is supplmental seasonal full time job. This job allows you to manage yourself on a day to day basis. Customer Service is a must as you will be dealing with the public 90% of the time. Good communication, writing, logging,and tryping skills are a must in order to do this job. also being able to work under pressure, job duties changing without any notice is very important skill to have as well.knowing how to problem solve any situation is alos very important skill to have. Transporting preicous cargo is a safe timely manner. Have a very good sense of direction is key to be able to run a day to day route not every route is the same. most important of of is to have the love for children and having patients is the most enjoyable part of this job.
Pros
working with children, being able to be a parent to your kids.
Cons
Doesn't pay Professional Driver what they deserve
I enjoyed doing this as I got to go somewhere different every day.
Substitute teacher (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCJuly 9, 2017
I enjoyed doing this as I got to go somewhere different every day. I worked at every level of education from elementary to high school doing every thing from pe to history.
Family feeling enviornment where everyone is very nice and hardworking
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCJune 21, 2017
great place to learn teamwork and how to work hard. staff are very friendly other drivers are friendly and everyone is willing to help each other out no matter what
Productive and fun place to work
In School Suspension Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCJune 12, 2017
Very amazing workplace atmosphere and even better people to work with. A typical day at work is educating kids while working with others that have the same goal. Workplace culture is set by the head principal at different schools. My particular school of employment was amazing. I just wish they paid more money for the position I worked.
Pros
Healthcare, Insurance, Retirement Benefits
Cons
Pay Scale
Terrific Students
After School Challenger Teacher (Current Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCFebruary 12, 2017
The most enjoyable part of my job is being around children & planning out their daily activities after school. Working in the school district I assist with homework, Organize and participate with outside activities, and monitor the attendance of students.
Pros
Getting to know the School & Community
Friendly, caring atmosphere
School Nurse (Current Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCJuly 20, 2016
Very safe and secure environment. Co-workers are team players and knowledgeable, putting safety of students first. The most enjoyable part of my job is five days a week, day-time hours, no holiday work. I have the opportunity to sharpen my critical-thinking skills.
York 3 Review
Special Education Teacher (Current Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCMay 16, 2016
The best district in South Carolina. I started my day an hour earlier than most teachers, due to my student population. This is a district where you need to be a team player more than ever.
Pros
Good teachers
Cons
Too much paperwork.
Not year round employment
Manager (Former Employee) –  SCMay 12, 2016
I worked in Food Service for 2 years as an Assistant Manager. The pay is not that great. You are out of work for the summer, so that means no income. If you file unemployment then you are resigning and will not be able to return when school starts back. You will need a summer job! The people are great. The kids are great! The hours are convenient
Pros
Hours and people
Cons
Pay and no income during the summer
Technology Associate (Current Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCApril 7, 2016
Like the people I work with.Enjoy working with my students and other teachers. It requires a lot of team work. A typical starts at 7:15 and ends at 2:45.