Rock Valley College Employee Reviews

Rock Valley College is a good place to work
Adult Education Instructor (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILApril 23, 2018
Open door policy for communication with supervisor. Supervisor is supportive and flexible with daily class activities. The main reason for current job search are no benefits or full-time employment possibilities.
Pros
Supportive and flexible job environment
Cons
No benefits or full-time employment possiblities
Hometown Feeling
Coordinator of Student Life (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILApril 21, 2018
I liked working at Rock Valley College. The management Team was always supportive of your goals. The management team also invested in the employee's growth.
laied back easy place to work.
Mathematics Tutor (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILMarch 23, 2018
easy place to work great opportunities for students to become involved in academic work. reasonable pay for the area and great flexibility for students to schedule around their coursework
Constant change
V.P. Finance and CFO (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILMarch 19, 2018
If attending meetings is your thing, then this is the place for you. A typical day is spent in meetings with the executive leadership.

The environment is constantly changing
Current Management Struggling
Associate Business Professor (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILFebruary 18, 2018
Excellent overall experience..but mgmt going thru chanages. They need to focus more on long term viability. They need to raise tuition to insure premier quality.
Pros
Flex schedule
Cons
Bad leadership
Adjunct Instructor
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILJanuary 22, 2018
I've been an Adjunct Instructor for Rock Valley College for 16 years (since 2002). More than half of my students are in an apprenticeship program (most through the Rock River Valley Tool and Machining Association, namely; Tool and Die Maker, CNC Precision Machinist, Gear Cutting Machinist, and Mold Maker apprentices). The best as aspect of working at Rock Valley College are the students and being current with trends in Manufacturing, CAD, and Design.
Not bad
Groundskeeper (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILJanuary 10, 2018
Laid back place to work. Employees were nice, Manager was a little clueless, I got in trouble a couple of times for doing extra work after I was done with the previous task.
Flexible and Respectful Work place
Work Study (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILNovember 18, 2017
Rock Valley College is a employer that I enjoyed working for. The flexibility that was given to me was accommodating since I was going to school while working. Management and staff made my work experience exciting.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Salary
Great job - poor management
Event Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILNovember 1, 2017
I love my job however, sadly the new director of FPOM is not a good one, she honestly does not understand the need for communication and time management. She simply does not show up for scheduled meetings leaving one to wonder if what you are doing is even important.
Close-knit faculty
Adjunct math instructor and math lab tutor (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILOctober 27, 2017
Since most buildings hold only a few departments, I was able to know most of the instructors, both full-time and adjunct, in my department. The adjuncts all shared an office and had ample opportunity to help one another when we had problems. Our support staff were very supportive and a great asset in times of perplexity.
Kind people
Allied Health Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILOctober 18, 2017
Program duties and management has many additional extras to all complete within 40 hour week. Seldom happens especially when given extra project late on Thursdays.
Pros
friendly people
Cons
Low pay with no plans for future raises. Many workers no raise in seven years.
Peer Tutor
Peer Tutor (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILOctober 2, 2017
As a tutor, the individual is required to put on different hats in order to be able to help other individual in having a better understanding of course material. The hour is obviously not bad since it is flexible- build around the class schedule.
productive and fun workplace with nice employees
WorldWide Tech Services (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILAugust 9, 2017
My second favorite job of all time.. to date. The people there were all really nice. We got to eat catering food once in a while. Mcdonalds was my first favorite job.
RVC work culture is terrible
K-12 Refugee Student Liaison (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILJuly 11, 2017
RVC only likes to promote from within. Start out at the bottom with a part-time job. No benefits. No paid vacation. I was laid off twice in the 7 years I was there.

Management is like high school. Constantly talking about clients, employees and coworkers. Don't trust anyone. You'll be thrown under the bus at any time.

If you want a job to go and have fun and not be accountable for anything, this is the job for you. If you care about professionalism and integrity in your work, look elsewhere.
Goid chill place to work
Janitorial (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILJune 18, 2017
Easy pace job to work at you don't have management standing over you twenty-four hours a day you get to listen to music while working everyone's pretty nice
Fun work place with different types of people
Activities/Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILJune 9, 2017
The work place is relaxed, close knit, and fun. You get to meet different types of people daily. It's fast paced but the end result is worth the work you put in it.
Pros
free food and merchandise, meet new people
Cons
hectic schedules and deadliens
Fast Pace
Coordiantor of International Students (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILJune 8, 2017
Rock Valley College is a fast pace institution. They have some diversity. The workplace culture is limited and competitive. Within the last year RVC has had a major layoff of employees.
Pros
Competitive enviorment
Cons
The pay is not that good.
Office
Student Adv/Customer rep (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILMay 17, 2017
Able to use what I was taughter with everyday life. Learned more info on and pertaining to certain softwares for the computer. Was able to obtain more knowledge on all areas in medical and basic office settings
Admissions Rep (Current Employee) –  admissionsMay 1, 2017
Nice place to work, would reccommmend it to others, really dont have much to say. I salso enjoyed the job and experience. If you are looking for a school where tteachers care rock valley is excellent.
educational workplace
Student Worker/Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILNovember 28, 2016
the learning atmosphere of educational experience that is well needed to reach the goal for a successful career. Rock Valley helps you maintain the level of excepts for a lifetime.
Pros
work study
Cons
travel between schools