Rockcastle Regional Hospital Employee Reviews

Okay place to work
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, KYApril 15, 2019
I love my job but the salary isn’t enough to live on when you have kids and a single parent. The day care isn’t open through my working hours so it’s hard finding a babysitter for my shift hours
Horrible place to work
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  rockacstle county kyApril 11, 2019
If you want to go back to highschool, this is the place to work. Under paid and under staffed. Not appreciated unless you are the 7-3 dayshift crew. The weekend and night shift crews are always understaffed and not appreciated. I started as a CRT at $8.35 and left 8 years later making $10.60. Its shameful. The only pro is that it is close to home.
Pros
close to home
Cons
horrible pay, unappreciated and alot of drama
Awesome place to work
Transporter/Receptionist/scribe/Medical assistant (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, KY 40456October 2, 2018
Very friendly place to work, rockcastle is a very family oriented hospital (I worked many places within the hospital and every area I worked it was always about the patients! The benifits are great and I recommend everyone to work there
Pros
Health care, Insurance benefits
No place for advancement
CMA (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, KYJuly 28, 2018
Pay and benefits are horrible. You are told quarterly that pay will not increase no matter what the situation. The insurance is poor. If you don’t “know” someone it’s a dead end job.
Bad Management
Radiological Technologist (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, KYJuly 5, 2018
The worst place ever to work. From day 1, was the most miserable experience I have ever had in my life. From the department manager all the way up to the CEO, they cared nothing about the employee, only how they can use and take advantage of you. I am going to stop there, a bad place to work is all I can say.
Loved my time there but the level of drama in each area is more than anyone should endure
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, KYMay 26, 2018
The job was the best job i had ever had, i loved it everyone seemed to like me, i never left without my job being completed, i had a pretty large role to play in my department i felt like, until out of nowhere coworkers took things i had said out of context and it resulted in my resignation, and the drama is plentiful in all departments.
its ok
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, KYMay 12, 2018
loved the job, poor management, company going directions i didn't agree with. wasn't a lot of availability of advancement. wish that i could continue with the company.
Great HIM Department
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, KYApril 26, 2018
Learned about the billing coding process for the hospital. Created an Excel spreadsheet for the HIM Director. Great co-workers. Very eager to help and teach students.
stressful place
nurse (Former Employee) –  long termJanuary 10, 2018
Supervisors are hateful and rude. Employees gossip everybody in their granny and will get you in trouble for something you have not done. No team work
Pros
close to work
Cons
low pay, under staff, stressul, lazy and brown nose employees are rewarded
The direction this company is going does not match with mine
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Mt. Vernon, KYAugust 22, 2017
This company puts more emphasis on policy rather than on the needs of its employees, its totally focused on its own appearance rather than providing quality care for the clients it serves
Pros
Free garbage, short work week
great hospital
medical billiing specialist (Current Employee) –  Mt. Vernon, KYDecember 7, 2016
medicare and medicaid billing reviewed medical claims, billed medical inc companies, contact patients regarding claims, summit prior authorizations and sent appeals when needed.
Highly rated ventilator hospital
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, KYFebruary 19, 2016
I worked on small acute care unit dealing with all patient ages. Really acute patients such as acute MIs were quickly transferred out as hospital was primarily only ventilator oriented. Good support staff.
Pros
Good support staff
Cons
Small hospital so sometimes limited resources
I trained for my CNA certification at Rockcastle Regional Hospital
Certified Nursing Assistant (Clinicals) (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, KYJuly 7, 2014
I didn't get to spend a great deal of time here during my training, as my class only spent two hours a day, four days a week, on the campus, for just a couple of months. But the nursing staff that I trained under was friendly towards me and eager to help me learn, and to help me when I needed help turning and positioning certain patients when I bathed them. They made sure I and the other students felt comfortable when we went to the hospital and cared for real patients for the first time. The nursing department was understaffed at the time of day that we arrived, so they were very grateful for our help.

The residents who were fully conscious seemed to appreciate getting to meet us, and for our help and company. I enjoyed doing small things to help other people and make a difference in their lives.

The biggest problem that I had with this experience was that I got to put very few of my skills that I'd learned in the classroom into practice at the hospital, as we came in from 8:30-10:45 when most residents were being bathed, but I understand that we only were there for a short time each day, and that the nursing staff needed as much help as they could with bathing the residents when they were understaffed, and that this made a difference.
I love working at the hospital!
Radiology Technologist (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, KYApril 6, 2014
I work 9 hours a day at the local hospital. I am responsible for performing ultrasounds/x-rays on outpatients and inpatients. I once was the supervisor for the department, but after having a child I gave up that position. The hardest part of the job is trying to find time to perform add on patients that are not a part of the schedule. But, it always works out. I love my patients. I have met so many people over the years that I call my friends, just by performing a test on them. I also enjoy putting together the diagnosis ,just like a puzzle, on the patient I am helping.
Pros
Patient Contact
Cons
Long hours sometimes
Rockcastle Regional
Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, KYAugust 20, 2013
A typical day at work for me is registering and accomodating Emergency Room patients whether it's registering them, getting them a blanket, taking blood pressures, whatever I can do to make them happy. While working here I have realized how truly blessed I am to be as healthy as I am. My manager and co-workers are truly a gift to work with. The hardest part about my job is attempting to communicate with other physicians due to their poor telephone skills. I love being able to talk to patients and do everything in my power to make them feel welcomed.