Rockcastle Regional Hospital

Rockcastle Regional Hospital Employee Reviews

United States24 reviews
Overall this is a good place to work considering all aspects. People are kind, patients are great, most everyone is willing to help you in some way. It has been good to me.
I worked with a great group of nurses and doctors in the ER and loved my job, even though the job was underpaid and understaffed. Working 12 hr shifts by yourself in a hectic environment like an ER can take a toll on one person and mgmt didn't seem concerned until it was too late. A lot of gossiping and ruthless competition in depts when working toward one common goal would have had a better outcome. Some coworkers just wanted to look better than everyone else no matter the consequence of others. Most days you didn't get a regular lunch or breaks and then reprimanded for taking them when you could. It was crucial that you obtained the correct information on patients, you were the starting point for demographics and it was pertinent that it be correct, especially when time is critical. I enjoyed meeting new people and helping others when I could and made some really good friends.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
No relief for lunch or breaks, very low pay for job duties, to much competitiveness
excellent opportunity and work environment. Administration is very supportive. The clinic is Well staffed and supplied to allow for optimal patient care and provide clamation support
Pros
Collegiality
Cons
Not enough hours
I love this hospital they are a wonderfull group of people to work with and for they offer so much to their employees and are great with working with you on schedulues and whatever else that you need
Rockcastle Regional Hospital has been a great job for me. I have learned so much from customer service to child care. I definitely would recommend working there.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
Like anywhere you have the occasional bad co-worker but for the most part I enjoyed my time there. There's several units you can work on so it seemed like finding the right unit for you was the best way to go about it.
I can honestly say this is the best place I’ve ever worked! Great benefits, lots of paid time off including 8 holidays per year. I absolutely LOVE working at the Rock!
Unless you've grown up in that town and know the employees, you probably won't fit in very well. They overwork you and underpay you. They are always short staffed in all areas. If you are prn you get no benefits and make the same pay as everyone else no matter how many hours you work. Unless you are full time or part time you will not receive holiday pay even if you work the holiday.
Pros
2 weeks paid vac. the year you start
Cons
low pay, not enough help, rude coworkers, management sugar coats everything
I love my job but the salary isn’t enough to live on when you have kids and a single parent. The day care isn’t open through my working hours so it’s hard finding a babysitter for my shift hours
If you want to go back to highschool, this is the place to work. Under paid and under staffed. Not appreciated unless you are the 7-3 dayshift crew. The weekend and night shift crews are always understaffed and not appreciated. I started as a CRT at $8.35 and left 8 years later making $10.60. Its shameful. The only pro is that it is close to home.
Pros
close to home
Cons
horrible pay, unappreciated and alot of drama
I have really enjoyed my time at Rockcastle Regional. It is a family-like atmosphere. The only down sides are lack of advancement and lower salaries than average.
Very friendly place to work, rockcastle is a very family oriented hospital (I worked many places within the hospital and every area I worked it was always about the patients! The benifits are great and I recommend everyone to work there
Pros
Health care, Insurance benefits
Pay and benefits are horrible. You are told quarterly that pay will not increase no matter what the situation. The insurance is poor. If you don’t “know” someone it’s a dead end job.
The worst place ever to work. From day 1, was the most miserable experience I have ever had in my life. From the department manager all the way up to the CEO, they cared nothing about the employee, only how they can use and take advantage of you. I am going to stop there, a bad place to work is all I can say.
The job was the best job i had ever had, i loved it everyone seemed to like me, i never left without my job being completed, i had a pretty large role to play in my department i felt like, until out of nowhere coworkers took things i had said out of context and it resulted in my resignation, and the drama is plentiful in all departments.
loved the job, poor management, company going directions i didn't agree with. wasn't a lot of availability of advancement. wish that i could continue with the company.
Learned about the billing coding process for the hospital. Created an Excel spreadsheet for the HIM Director. Great co-workers. Very eager to help and teach students.
Supervisors are hateful and rude. Employees gossip everybody in their granny and will get you in trouble for something you have not done. No team work
Pros
close to work
Cons
low pay, under staff, stressul, lazy and brown nose employees are rewarded
This company puts more emphasis on policy rather than on the needs of its employees, its totally focused on its own appearance rather than providing quality care for the clients it serves
Pros
Free garbage, short work week
medicare and medicaid billing reviewed medical claims, billed medical inc companies, contact patients regarding claims, summit prior authorizations and sent appeals when needed.
I worked on small acute care unit dealing with all patient ages. Really acute patients such as acute MIs were quickly transferred out as hospital was primarily only ventilator oriented. Good support staff.
Pros
Good support staff
Cons
Small hospital so sometimes limited resources