Rocketship Education Work-Life Balance reviews

Stressful
Individualized Learning Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 17, 2017
I have been at Rocketship for 6 years and I loved the mission and the means. During these years the network has changed a lot. Some changes have been beneficial and I feel like a lot are not. I love the people I work with and the families I work with but it is way to stressful and underpaid for all the work we do.
Pros
Excellent Resources, Great staff culture
Cons
Underpaid, no work life balance
Kindergarten STEM Teacher
Kindergarten Teacher (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 11, 2017
This position has really challenged the way in which I approach education. Creating a positive mindset in a job in which it is easy to focus on the stress took practice. The outcome however, really made the hours of work with students, parents, and preparation worth it. Seeing my student's growth within a year made my many efforts worth it. This job requires a lot of patience and helps you figure out in which areas you can grow professionally.
Pros
Supportive staff/teams, great health benefits, amazing professional culture
Cons
Long preparation time
Mission driven. Smart, dedicated co-workers.
Communications Consultant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAJanuary 26, 2013
Education is a complicated, sometimes messy and completely thankless work. Rocketship isn't the silver bullet to closing the achievement gap, but it's moving us closer in a better, more equitable way.

Hard work for those that can manage. Long hours.

Extremely smart teachers and staff. Heavy recruitment from the Ivy's, top public universities and Teach for America.

Rocketship is very data-driven. If you're not bringing it, they'll make sure you do. The stakes are too high to not.

Lots of great things about Rocketship, yet striking that healthy work/life balance is not easy. But such is life.
Pros
professional development, fun co-workers
Cons
no real breaks, long hours