Rockford Center Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
The best company I ever worked for
Charge RN/Alternate Nursing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEJuly 13, 2018
UHS was second-to-none. It was the best company I ever worked for. I left at a time when there was not an available opportunity open at the next level of growth, but I left in good standing and have been in discussion with recruiters over the years for several positions. My ultimate goal is to return to the company when the right opportunity presents itself and dedicate the remainder of my working tenure to them.
Pros
Corporate support without micromanagement, success-driven, rewards hard work
Cons
Front-line staff pay slightly lower than industry standard
Stressful
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEMay 29, 2018
This job landed me in a Mental health facility post working there for a year, 2 years for the company. I wouldn't recommend anyone work here if they are a nurse. The DON will threaten to report you because you dont like how patients are treated. Very uncaring and unprofessional environment.
Pros
Clocking out
Cons
No breaks, RS want you to do their work
It was brief but I loved it
Creative Arts Therapist (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEApril 26, 2018
I loved working at Rockford and was sad to say goodbye, but I moved away. It's hard to work in psych but I felt like the new(er) Recovery Unit was a great addition to the hospital and was a more appropriate place to send people who were struggling with depression and anxiety.
Pros
free lunch/coffee when the census was up
Fair place to work
Admissions Nurse (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEJanuary 12, 2018
Workplace can be stressful and sometimes staffing was an issue. Management relatively hands-off but sometimes "too many spoons in the pot". Develop a sense of camaraderie with everyone else in the "trenches". Manager was very understanding if needed time off.
Pros
Fast paced. Never a dull moment
Cons
Safety for staff was of low concern
Fast paced comprehensive psychiatric inpatient/partial services
RN (Current Employee) –  Newark, DENovember 1, 2017
Have worked at Rockford for a long time - I feel that I have had input into many workplace improvements. Rockford is upgrading its computer technology which is improving efficiency across the board. There is ongoing review of systems in place with an eye towards quality customer service. I am proud to be part of this Fortune 500 organization.
Pros
flexibility, benefits
Cons
as in all hospitals - shortage of staff - we continue to recruit :-)
fun
Food Service Director (Former Employee) –  Newark, DESeptember 22, 2017
love the patients they were funny and made a day of working a Rockford center bearable. I also had a great staff who also enjoyed their jobs. and free food!
Pros
Cons
patients at times
I work PRN and enjoy the department that I am in. I would like to work fultime in a position that I am qualified to work.
Utilization Review Specialist (Current Employee) –  Newark, DESeptember 20, 2017
The department that I work in the employees are very helpful and dependable. I enjoy each day I work and often want more time. The Doctors are nice and seem caring. I have no complaints!
Pros
flexible schedule, nice people, safe enviornment
Cons
low census, not enough work hours avaliable, high turn over
Not worth it
Lead Recovery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Newark, DESeptember 11, 2017
Most management does not care about employees or patients. Overcrowded and severely understaffed. No job security. You get punched, spit on, and screamed at with no suitable compensation from the company. There is no advancement opportunity.
Pros
Decent benefits, chance to save lives
Cons
No job security, no advancement, overcrowded, understaffed
Growth
Recovery Specialist (Current Employee) –  Newark, DESeptember 6, 2017
It is a great establishment to gain experience in the mental health field. One can join the company and grow as well as learn, with the opportunity to move forward.
Good Job
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEAugust 29, 2017
I loved this job. I worked for Rockford center for about 9 years but then was let go unexpectedly. The day consisted of cleaning patient's rooms, bathrooms and removing trash. The hours were good.

The hardest part of the job were my hours because sometimes i worked day or night and having to be to work no matter the weather pattern outside. I had a great boss but when he left things changed with the new management and then I was laid off.
Pros
always had 40 hours or more, vacation time continued each year, and medical benefits was good
Cons
the work scheduled and the weather was the only problems because you were required to be there
Rockford Center
Rockford Center (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEJuly 16, 2017
Almost always understaffed and hard for staff to properly conduct daily assessments. However, that makes for plenty of opportunity to pick up overtime.
Be careful
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newark, DE 19713June 3, 2017
Pays great , you can be easily fired for stupid things , you will get hit spit on things thrown at u etc everyday . Most staff is good to work with it but ppl quit and get fired a lot so you are constantly short staffed and have way to many mentally ill paitents to be in charge of
Pros
Pay
Cons
Getting seriously hurt
Not too bad
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEMay 2, 2017
High turnover rate, most likely due to high pace and work load. Very demanding job mentally, must be able to leave work at work. Pay is not bad but it is low compared to other jobs in the area.
Good Experience Overall
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newark, DENovember 11, 2016
Worked at Rockford Center for one year and enjoyed my job. I encountered many very friendly coworkers who were easy to interact with throughout the workday. Because Rockford is so small, there is very little room for advancement. Also, pay is not competitive with other institutions. My biggest issue with Rockford is that management is not in charge of employee production. There are so many employees at Rockford who are expert at never meeting productivity levels but somehow remain on the job and receive the same yearly raise as everyone else. This is infuriating to anyone who works hard to meet daily productivity quotas and was cause for me to seek employment elsewhere. Another big problem is with employees who have worked at Rockford for several years running the show whenever a new manager is appointed. Unfortunately, the new manager always rely on these entrenched poor performers to show them the ropes, thus allowing the poor performer to be incorrectly viewed as too valuable to discipline or terminate. Overall, Rockford Center was a positive work experience; however, the entrenched poor performers wear down the good workers!
Pros
Friendly coworkers
Cons
Entrenched poor performers
I was there a short time, but I liked it
Creative Arts Therapist (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEOctober 3, 2016
I was really happy I could work with a bunch of different populations (children, adolescents, addiction, geriatrics, acute psych, etc.) I only left the job because I moved away.
Pros
free lunch when census was up, good pay
Worst CEO/Management/Directors/Staff/Staffing Issues
Temporary Employee (Current Employee) –  Newark, DelawareMay 10, 2016
This place needs to be shut down! The staff are rude to patients. The management are not doing anything about anything, and this building is totally disgusting!! They let go of good people and keep people who refuse to work. I am ready to call this place history and seek better employment! I've never worked for such an unorganized company.
Pros
You Can Do Whatever You Want!
Cons
Short Breaks, Water Always Turned Off, Snakes & Bugs Everywhere In The Building, Dirty Building, Unprofessional Lazy Staff
Don't waste your time...
LPN (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEFebruary 1, 2016
Poor management, poor staffing, the recovery specialists want you to do their job on top of your work, unprofessional behavior from staff throughout the facility, staff have a mob mentality...
Pros
Clocking out
Great staff
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEDecember 4, 2015
daily patient monitoring; obtain vital signs; dispense medications; assist with group sessions; supervise free time activities;
Burnout is highly likely
Music Therapist (Former Employee) –  Newark, DESeptember 22, 2014
There is little support here. Coworkers are too wrapped up in themselves to be of any help or support. Everyone is stressed out all the time. It seems the management has no idea how much they can reasonably ask clinical staff to do. I have had to cope with unreasonable expectations regarding the number of groups and notes I was supposed to complete in a day. It's just not possible.

Furthermore, I've heard stories from patients who have stayed at other hospitals, and they have said that in comparison, they don't feel they are getting much out of their stay here.
Job Security/ Advancement opportunities 5 stars
housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Newark, DE.July 12, 2013
It is a nice place to work and the coworkers are a excellent part of the team. The hardest part of the day is saying goodbye to patients you have seen come and go, but the enjoyable part, is knowing the patient has receive the best quality care at the Rockford Center.
Pros
provides important training for entry level Human Service workers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rockford Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Rockford Center Reviews by Location