Rockford Park District Employee Reviews

laid back work place
Guest Relations (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILMarch 21, 2018
Working at The Rockford Park District was a good experience. it was my first job and was really easy to get into. They even let me take a week off for vacation.
Seasonal (Current Employee) –  Rockford ILMarch 10, 2018
What a wonderful asset to the community and a great place to work. The people are wonderful and we helping people enjoy life is the mission and values of the org.
it was a good job for a teenager
Junior Coach (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILMarch 5, 2018
this job is great, but does not provide benefits fit for an adult, and there is minimal amount of opportunity for adults to advance in this workplace.
you dont get paid enough
Maintenance Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILJanuary 15, 2018
At 9 dollars an hr u have to put up with alot for minimal pay.But during the summer its an ongoing job winter time forget it cuz it only happens for snow removal
Working with the 5-12 year olds is alot of fun
Director/supervisor of playgrounds (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILNovember 18, 2017
rotations with shifts through out the park. Played games and had fun every day at the park. We had a lot of staff to work with the kids. I like that the park district did a lot of training for their employees before they were allowed to work.
Pros
Mandatory trainings for all employees
Cons
Did not pay as much per hour
Zero work/life balance
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILOctober 19, 2017
A truly great organization, but working 50+ hours per week gets tiring very fast. Work/life balance gets talked about, but the follow through isn't good.

Hardly any opportunity for advancement.
Benefits
Cons
Work/life balance; opportunities for advancement
The opportunity to work with children is, in my opinion, an amazing one.
Tennis Instructor (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILAugust 28, 2017
As a tennis instructor, along with my work partner, we had free-reign as to the activities we chose to implement at different community centers around the city. Sometimes there were too many kids for two people to handle. Otherwise it was a fun learning experience.
fun place to work
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILAugust 21, 2017
Very long days at work, often having buyouts make the lifeguards frustrated and tired. on hot days only get 25 minute break every five hours or so. Overall good place.
Pros
waterpark
Cons
long days
I think I realized after working there, I prefer industrial settings.
Electrician I (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILAugust 7, 2017
I would have to go to different locations and find what was broken at each site. I guess that when you go into park locations, it is sometimes extremely hard trying to find where stuff is located.
Pros
Worked monday thru friday, dayshift.
Cons
The parks were semi difficult to find things.
Recreational Program Director (Former Employee) –  Rockford, IL 61104July 14, 2017
A typical day at work was always fun. The things I have learned at this job was to always be there for the clients day in an day out. Always make fun time for clients. My management team was great, and fun. Workplace culture was very good. The hardest part of the job was dealing with rainy days where we were limited on what activities we were able to do because of being outside. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing you make a child smile when they were struggling for the day. Having a parent tell you, you have made a difference in my child's life
Pros
Open schedule
Cons
No breaks
good first job
ore intrsuctor (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILJune 8, 2017
very great environment except when kids were not polite and difficult to handle, the pay wasn't great and i only got to work 1 or 2 days a week, best the best part of the job was easily the staff.
Fun workplace ebing at a park
Inclusion Specialist (Former Employee) –  IllinoisMay 26, 2017
If you like kids it is a great place to work. You do have to be willing to help out the troublesome kids while also making sure the shy quite kids and the ones in between all get attention also and it is not as easy as one would think.
Good place to work, minus compensation
IS Help Desk I (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILMay 16, 2017
This is a good place to work, but they definitely do not keep pace with the market in terms of compensation. People seem great and the environment is good.
Pros
Good people, good causes
Cons
nice sesonal job good work offerd
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILMarch 28, 2017
i learned alot aboutthe rockford park district and the importance or the job the do i also learn some on small engins and yard matinance and tree trimming its anice enviroment to work for a seasonal job and the hardest part is getting used to the way things are done there and i love out side work it mad my time very enjoyable
great community of people to work with
Outdoor Recreation & Education Instructor II (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILAugust 29, 2016
The park district is a great place to work if you love helping other have fun and enjoy Rockford and its parks. I have been able to expand my knowledge on parks and recreation while being employed here.
Great place to work !!
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILJuly 14, 2016
I love working at the park district !The staff are great and they are willing to help you.If you are great with customer service you will love it .
So much fun, I just wished I got more hours.
Swim Instructor (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILJuly 5, 2016
Helping people enjoy life. While helping others they helped me and taught me new experiences. It is so much fun working with everyone there.
Internship: Rockford Park District
Internship (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILMay 2, 2016
Worked in sports complexes and performed many duties such as setting up for events, working in customer service, manual labor jobs, and I learned a lot about their marketing department.
Pros
Fun place to work
good job
Accounts Payable & Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILApril 4, 2016
account payable/receivable, co-workers great, management awesome. job loved it. the hardest part was leaving.
I enjoyed working there, and would still be there, but had a personal situation come about.
Leader 2, Therapeutic Recreation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILMarch 17, 2016
Though the Rockford Park District was a great place to work, it was not the line of work in which I wanted to pursue. Great place to start employee and an even better place to pursue recreation or youth works.