Rockland Trust Employee Reviews

Best place to work!
Relationship Banker (Current Employee) –  Melrose, MAMarch 26, 2019
Rockland Trust is the best employer! I have no complaints besides having to work weekends. The only reasoning am looking for another job is due to the long commute.
Pros
Amazing culture, Host tons of events, ideal benefits, Pto, and great pay!
Cons
Most branches are down south in Massachusetts.
Management is unclear of expectations and unethical
Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 27, 2019
I left because my manager asked me to do unethical sales. My manger also was a severe micro manager to the point of asking me to schedule bathroom breaks. Employees gossip to no end. Managers do not work well together.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Micro managers, unethical
Great Place to work
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Brockton, MAJanuary 8, 2019
Super friendly and get training program giving you all the knowledge you need to know to do the job at a high level. The people and experience was the best part of the job
Friendly workplace
Teller I (Former Employee) –  Hyannis, MAJuly 21, 2018
Overall a friendly workplace and very customer-focused, I enjoyed building relationships with all of my customers
Like any bank, they are pushing sales which isn't my thing
no room to grow
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Rockland, MAJuly 12, 2018
no work/life balance. not paid enough. long days. no advancement. never enough staff. reputation, customers and co-workers are great. community involvement is great.
Overall very positive experience
Teller (Former Employee) –  Middleboro, MAMay 31, 2018
I started out as a summer teller, eventually became a permanent float teller and then strictly weekends. A typical day was performing transactions, assisting customers, and resolving customers issues. I learned a lot about banking and finance through this job which was beneficial as I entered adulthood. Management and coworkers were awesome, and most customers were just as awesome and friendly. Incredibly flexible and accommodating. Pay was good based on your position. Always openings within the company to allow for advancement. I would've stayed had I not decided to pursue another career option. Great experience and I actually miss it!
Pros
Advancement opportunities, education opportunities, good pay, coworkers/management, flexible, friendly customers, learning a lot
Great place to work!
Teller II (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsMay 7, 2018
The company really cares about their employees. The experience is different in every branch I have visited, but usually managers are really supportive and care about your needs.
The best part of the job is getting to know our customers and co workers, but working with cash all day can be stressful al times.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
little room for advancement
Good work life balance
Massachusetts (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsApril 26, 2018
A good company to work for. Good work/life balance and a culture that supports diversity, opportunity and community. Strong advocates for their customers and high value placed on each relationship.
Stressful environment / Lacking strong management / under paid
CUSTOMER INFORMATION AGENT (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MAJanuary 23, 2018
This position is short lived. You are unfortunately under appreciated and unpaid for the what you are expected to do.
Managed had went down hill fast and the turnover rate is rapidly increasing.
Culture is not like any other bank
AVP Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Melrose, MANovember 15, 2017
Rockland is a great company, wins many awards and continues to expand. Their benefits are average and normal hours are expected. My experience is different, managing a 7 day a week location makes my work/life balance difficult as i work 6 days a week. Current middle to senior management needs to turn over, average tenure of management is 20+ years. Advancement is difficult because of the lack of retirement from current management team.

Culture is laid back, not pushy in sales, which is very different from other banks. Service is what they preach and what they expect.
Great Company to work for!
RELATIONSHIP BANKER (Current Employee) –  Melrose, MANovember 13, 2017
Rockland Trust is a great company to work for- great benefits including paid vacation time, health and dental insurance, no wonder why they are always rated top places to work!
A good bank.
Head Teller / Teller Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Medford, MANovember 7, 2017
This company was a good company to work for during the time that I did work there.

They have competitive salaries and seemingly good longevity for employees.
Community Banking
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Woburn, MAAugust 30, 2017
Rockland Trust does offer many competative options and wages. However, you do hit a glass ceiling of sorts since this bank aquires small community banks and keeps the staff on. By doing so new positions and opportunity for advancement is limited. At a certain point your only chance to advance is if somebody quits or is let go, which does not happen often the higher up the promotional ladder you go. Eventually you will be forced to look elsewhere for advancement and higher pay.
Decent Company
First Vice President Lending Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Falmouth, MAJune 10, 2017
Rockland Trust is a good company. The Bank is growing through acquisitions, which has some issues as different cultures are integrated. The sales culture is strong.
Productive and fun place to work with great management and room for growth.
Teller (Current Employee) –  Arlington, MAApril 7, 2017
Productive and fun place to work with great management and room for growth. Great benefits, great team members. The management is always willing to help and find solutions to accommodate the staff.
Productive work environment with the benefit of being able to have fun at work.
Teller (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsMarch 23, 2017
Working as a teller one had a variety of responsibilities. On a typical day I begin by entering my combinations into any vault that needs to be opened on a daily basis. i would then begin assisting customers with their transactions. Throughout my time there i have learned a new procedure or type of transaction almost weekly. Working with the staff and the relationships with the customer. The hardest part of the job is to inform the customer of bad news regarding their account, usually involving fraud of some type.
Pros
good culture, good benefits
Cons
hard to get promoted when new to company
Friendly working conditions
Teller (Former Employee) –  Franklin, MAMarch 22, 2017
Always working with a friendly staff and customers. They provide the necessary training to succeed in your position. They will also help you in your further career endeavors.
Regular banking job with sales pressure and low pay
Banker (Former Employee) –  Hyannis, MAFebruary 27, 2017
Regular boutique banking job with sales goals and low pay. Work on the weekends, no extra pay. Good training program for new hires. Not enough lunch time in certain branches, because the manager is incharge of that part, and some will only allow for 30 min.
Rewarding and fun
Banker (Current Employee) –  South Shore MassachusettsMarch 14, 2016
Fun place to work, encourages community involvement and helping every employee advance in their careers. Great benefits and compensations and pay outs
Banker I (Current Employee) –  Wareham, MAJanuary 31, 2016
Company is always looking to help employees grow. Management is mostly supportive and helpful. Company is becoming sales oriented.