Rockland Trust

Working at Rockland Trust: 38 Reviews

United States38 reviews

customerbenefitpayemployeecompanygoodtimegreat

Productive and relaxed atmosphere with friendly co workers.

Great place to work and good pay for entry level positions. HR is the only issue in this place, should really do background search completely before hiring anyone. Corporate/HR should realize people make mistakes and give second chances instead of suspending people with criminal history that is non related to bank duties. They can also turn them away from beginning. Again,nothing but great people working there but HR is heavily flawed.

Pros

flexible schedule Great managers Great co workers Everyone is willing to help you learn

Cons

Hr

Terrible

Worked in the call center. Terrible place to work. Nonstop calls. Felt like a sweat shop. Manager was awful, lied to customers, and micromanaged. Not sure what the branches are like to work at, but RUN from the call center jobs.

Rockland Trust insights

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Supportive environment
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Clear sense of purpose

Nice beginner job, not for life though.

Great co-workers. Nice training before starting. However, low pay for the amount of work that is expected from a teller. Reviews weren't always done fairly. Too focused on referrals (even during the height of the pandemic.) Always saying they would hire from within but difficult to leave the teller position.

Pros

Great co-workers, set schedule, set pay, paid time off, benefits

Cons

Low pay, not easy to get a new position, reviews don't focus on everything you do

Great people, pay not so much

Great group of people. The starting pay is low for the level of responsibility. Company has good other benefits but likely can’t afford to stay long term. Nice to have bank holidays

Pros

Nice people

Cons

Training since orientation basically nonexistent

Good culture, push for sales can be a bit much

Benefits are good with 401k, medical, dental, vision, and pet insurance. The company's response to COVID has been exemplary, going above and beyond to ensure employee and customer safety. Branch employees have quarterly/annual sales goals in a variety of categories. At times, employees are under pressure to have sales figures in excess of these stated goals.

Pros

Coworkers, benefits, response to COVID

Cons

Sales pressure, not easy to reach other departments

Tedious but the pay is okay and the benefits are good.

Thought this job would allow me to grow and learn more financially but I have not learned much to apply outside of work. I wanted to learn and help people with loans but the promotion to that is stagnate.

Pros

benfits are good, flexible scheduling

Cons

lack of encouragement for growth, lack of career path to develop

Very unproductive department

Not a forward thinking energetic department. Not receptive to new ideas or technology. Lots of meetings, very often 2+ hours each. Spend more time at meetings and spreadsheets that all contain the same info.

Pros

Close to home

Cons

See above review

Productive, fun, and diverse work group!

I love working for Rockland Trust. The benefits are competitive with the other companies i have worked for in the area, and they really care about a good work/life balance.

Excellent place to work

Rockland Trust is a very good employer, with a good supporting staff. Unfortunately they have limited growth potential, without a significant amount of travel for where I live. Rockland Trust always treated me well.

Rockland Trust is a great place to work

Great environment, pay and coworkers, I would definitely recommend working for Rockland to anyone! They offer great products and services to its customers.

Best place to work!

Rockland Trust is the best employer! I have no complaints besides having to work weekends. The only reasoning am looking for another job is due to the long commute.

Pros

Amazing culture, Host tons of events, ideal benefits, Pto, and great pay!

Cons

Most branches are down south in Massachusetts.

Management is unclear of expectations and unethical

I left because my manager asked me to do unethical sales. My manger also was a severe micro manager to the point of asking me to schedule bathroom breaks. Employees gossip to no end. Managers do not work well together.

Pros

Salary

Cons

Micro managers, unethical

Good people, good hours

Rockland Trust is a good place to work for those who want to work in fiance. The hours are good for a employee with children at home or for someone likes to do something at night. The hours are also good for someone who could use a second job at night. The people I work with are great.

Pros

Hours Good work enviroment

Cons

Tedious

Great Place to work

Super friendly and get training program giving you all the knowledge you need to know to do the job at a high level. The people and experience was the best part of the job

Friendly workplace

Overall a friendly workplace and very customer-focused, I enjoyed building relationships with all of my customers Like any bank, they are pushing sales which isn't my thing

no room to grow

no work/life balance. not paid enough. long days. no advancement. never enough staff. reputation, customers and co-workers are great. community involvement is great.

Overall very positive experience

I started out as a summer teller, eventually became a permanent float teller and then strictly weekends. A typical day was performing transactions, assisting customers, and resolving customers issues. I learned a lot about banking and finance through this job which was beneficial as I entered adulthood. Management and coworkers were awesome, and most customers were just as awesome and friendly. Incredibly flexible and accommodating. Pay was good based on your position. Always openings within the company to allow for advancement. I would've stayed had I not decided to pursue another career option. Great experience and I actually miss it!

Pros

Advancement opportunities, education opportunities, good pay, coworkers/management, flexible, friendly customers, learning a lot

Great place to work!

The company really cares about their employees. The experience is different in every branch I have visited, but usually managers are really supportive and care about your needs. The best part of the job is getting to know our customers and co workers, but working with cash all day can be stressful al times.

Pros

great benefits

Cons

little room for advancement

Good work life balance

A good company to work for. Good work/life balance and a culture that supports diversity, opportunity and community. Strong advocates for their customers and high value placed on each relationship.

Stressful environment / Lacking strong management / under paid

This position is short lived. You are unfortunately under appreciated and unpaid for the what you are expected to do. Managed had went down hill fast and the turnover rate is rapidly increasing.

Culture is not like any other bank

Rockland is a great company, wins many awards and continues to expand. Their benefits are average and normal hours are expected. My experience is different, managing a 7 day a week location makes my work/life balance difficult as i work 6 days a week. Current middle to senior management needs to turn over, average tenure of management is 20+ years. Advancement is difficult because of the lack of retirement from current management team. Culture is laid back, not pushy in sales, which is very different from other banks. Service is what they preach and what they expect.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rockland Trust. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.2Personal Development
4.5Career Opportunities
3.1Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight