Rockwater Energy Solutions Employee Reviews

Poor Management, Very unprofessional.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXJuly 5, 2018
This company preaches safety but in fact is very unsafe on a daily basis. Unsafe acts are swept under the rug daily to maintain the appearance that it's a safe place to work. This facility is ran by a very inexperienced and unqualified Operations Manager and it shows.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Management is very uneducated.
Scam Company
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Williston, NDJuly 1, 2018
Rockwater is horrible they scam me on my check.
Me and my friend both hauled 30 loads. Rockwater pays % of load and we completely got ripped off on pay.
Pros
Free Housing
Cons
Ripped off on pay
Focus
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXJune 14, 2018
The Company is focused on the wrong objectives, and does not clearly communicate it's direction or desired end state to it's employees. The Company also regularly fails to commit to projects or programs to the advancement of the company only wasting money and resources.
Great job
Oil Field Worker (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, OHApril 5, 2018
Long hours . Hrs varied. No home life. Great pay and benefits . Lots of traveling. Hands on job. Constantly working In the weather. Alot of people came and go
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dickinson, NDMarch 30, 2018
I had a great time working there. I believe management changes effected my status at the company otherwise I may still be working there. Overall good company
Not a good place to work for
Water Transfer Technician (Former Employee) –  United StatesMarch 26, 2018
Since select took over mad it worse than it already was! Lack of communication management shows favoritism, hard working employees doesn’t get recognition.
Decent company to work for
Sr. IT Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  AlbertaMarch 15, 2018
Rockwater is a good company but with having the HQ in Houston its difficult for them to understand the culture and work environment in Canada.

There seems to be a disconnect between US and Canada.
competitive and always changing
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Gillette, WYMarch 7, 2018
Oversee field operations and communication with company men. Provide water support for frac operation some days or doing production which would consist of strapping and doing color cut to see how much oil was in upright tanks also transfer oil from water tanks to oil tank and other times pump water out of tanks and send to a facility. Schedule crews and ensure field is running smooth and safe. Do safety meetings and also perform set-ups and tear downs for a various amount of jobs.
Single people wanting some decent money
Field Operator / flowback rig up (Former Employee) –  Elk City, OKFebruary 27, 2018
Schedule is 26 on/ 4 off
Poor management
Low pay/expensive insurance
No personal life, made to feel guilty for wanting day off to spend with your family or friends.
Pros
Cons
No life poor schedule poor management
productive place to work
Receptionist/Express (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXFebruary 18, 2018
Answered telephones, data entry, filing, set up a filing system for chemicals used at facility, directed visitors to the person or part of the building where they needed to go, and other duties as assigned.
Pros
free lunches
Horrible place to work.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Williston, NDFebruary 12, 2018
Management makes excuses insteaded of results. Hostile work environment. Be ready for insults from management and verbal abuse. Be ready for screaming matches.
Pros
Cant think of any good things there.
Cons
Everything about that place.
Worst managed company in Pa
Field Helper II (Former Employee) –  Canonsburg, PAFebruary 6, 2018
Never know where you are going to work

Management never return calls or emails

HR always sends you to someone else

Tried to get dental insurance, but was ignored for weeks via emails and phone calls. At that point they said i didn't apply soon enough... Because they ignored me for a month.

Never got a work vehicle

I got a promotion and took on more responsibility but they wouldn't compensate me

Worst job and most poorly managed company i have ever been associated with.
Fast Paced Outdoor working conditions
Frac Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Elk City, OKFebruary 1, 2018
Great company to work for. I enjoyed working with my crew. The hardest part of the job was being away from family. The most enjoyable part was the friendships developed while on location.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
company wth good intentions but doesnt know how to execute them.
Flowback Operator (Former Employee) –  Canonsburg, PAJanuary 30, 2018
the company is in the middle of a merge with another company which may make it difficult for things to be going as smoothly as they could be. miscommunication was one of the biggest problem starters for this company.
Not for me
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  HoustonJanuary 6, 2018
Pays well, but demands you work all the time in a culture that can be toxic. A lot of gossip and contempt for fellow employees circulates around this place. Decisions are political, not logical. Benefits are sub par as well. There are a few great people, but they are outnumbered.
Pros
Pay
Good Job
Manager of Cash Management (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 28, 2017
Good Company to work for. No room for advancement. Company was sold in September 2017 to Select Energy located in Gainsville Texas. Was offered a job but I do not want to relocate.
safe environment
Water Transfer Technician (Former Employee) –  Canonsburg, PADecember 13, 2017
Very nice place to work at and employees work together as a functional team. They also look out for their employees they make sure they you take your appropriate breaks and that you use all safety procedures.
Pros
plenty overtime
Cons
n/a
Lies, lies, lies
Prospective driver (Former Employee) –  Williston, NDDecember 8, 2017
Do not fall for the pitch, management is thick with thieves. It is not what it is sold to be. You make percentage of load, and wait for free for no loads.(in other words you are on call 24hrs. A day for free) dispatch is a joke.its a good old boy system setup.
Pros
Cons
Work for free
Busy hard working
Inspection supervisor/ driver (Former Employee) –  Elk City, OKDecember 1, 2017
Rockwater was great place to work hard and make money. They are all about saftey and getting the job done right. One can move up in the company with hard work and being reliable and available when they need you. I started as just a hand making 10 hr and within a yr I was promoted and given a raise of two dollars. I learned every job skill rockwater had available and within two years of working there I was able to not only make more money hourly but also knew every job skill and was available and able to go work on any job they needed me at. Flowback, watertransfer, drillpipe and casing inspection, sandblasting, roustabout, hotshot light towers and generators, and forklift operator. This company is a great company to work for if you have the drive and the will to make money and work hard.
Pros
Christmas bonuses
Cons
Long hrs
Great company to work for
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Williston, NDNovember 8, 2017
Rockwater provided me an opportunity to excel in both sales and operations. I truly enjoyed all four years I worked for Rockwater and regret leaving the company.
Pros
Opportunities to advance
Cons
None. Should have stayed with them

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rockwater Energy Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8