Rockwell Automation Employee Reviews

Productive and fun place to work
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Mequon, WIOctober 14, 2018
RA provides the necessary tools for your success and has a strong culture that works to help you build your career as well as achieve the company goals.
This a major company
IT Field / Desktop Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 13, 2018
This is an advancing company and has many pros and cons. They are a multi-national company that is striving to put itself first and sometimes does not think of its employees the same way.
entretenida y proactiva
test engineer (Former Employee) –  Santo Domingo, PROctober 10, 2018
pienso que es una empresa de mucho crecimiento pero se trabaja con mucha presion
Pros
organizados
Cons
presion laborar
Rockwell was a profit oriented company
Senior Control Engineer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 10, 2018
I worked in a remote facility so advancement was limited.
Job culture was to make the monthly quotas for shipments and profit. There was always pressure to pull in orders to make this month's quota but that only created a hole in next month's shipments. A lot of pressure from upper management to make each month's goal.
Pros
There was a lot of variety in the projects which was a plus for me.
Cons
Extreme pressure from management to make the monthly goals. A LOT of overtime.
Good experience
Senior Engineer (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 10, 2018
A good place to start but as an engineering company Rockwell is very uninformed. They are really an equipment vendor so they are a bit clueless when it comes to engineering
Pros
good hardware experience
Cons
limited engineering experience
Excellent Global Company
Corporate Recruiter (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 10, 2018
When I reached Rockwell Automation, I felt like I finally belonged to a good company where I planned to retire. Unfortunately, our department was taken away and it all went to Human Resources. So my dream of working there until retirement chattered into a million pieces. It is a great place to work for and there is so much opportunity if you are in the right place.
Pros
Professional and pays well
Cons
Department was taken away
good work and family balance
Project Engineering Manager (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 8, 2018
Rockwell is a great place to work allowing flexible working hours to accommodate family needs. Good work ethics. Lot of programs to help employee grow their careers.
Corporate America boilerplate
OEM Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 4, 2018
If you enjoy large company culture, such as what is parodied in movies, then Rockwell is for you. Hey look, we hired a black guy!Meetings to plan for meetings. Meetings to review meetings, meetings just to have meetings. Quarterly Regional management dog and pony show, and death by PowerPoint. Expect 50 or more emails per day including newsletters for each of the multiple business units as well and HR, etc. All of these treasures and more can be found at Rockwell Automation.

There is a ton of task overlap and sales management is laughable on their best day. No true salesperson would consider this role due to the absurdity. Deadlines for product management mean less than nothing, but deadlines for employee surveys are expected in more than a month before due date.

Most of the sales force is comprised of engineers. Name an engineer you know who also have an engaging personality and doesn't have to feel like the smartest person in the room at all times. I'll wait. Oh by the way, that doesn't always go over well with customers...who are also ENGINEERS!

The hardest working person at the company is the VP of Sales Prevention. The Logix5K product is the company's bread and butter, and all other sales success hinges upon it (i.e.- "premier integration). Other than that, RA does little more than trade on a brand name created in the PLC boom of the 80s.
Pros
existing market, software, salary
Cons
commission structure, internal competition between biz units, internal politics
Competitive Corporation
Component Engineer (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 29, 2018
It's a corporate environment and it's highly competitive. You need to network and specifically develop your skills for a position. There are many silos and it's difficult to understand who to contact when you are new employee. Again networking helps you overcome those silos which can take a year or more to learn all the business units. It's an automation company and they are promoting Connected Enterprise and I think the company operations can improve on using this themselves.
Pros
Good benefits.
Cons
We seem to follow more of what other companies are doing rather than being a pioneer.
Low-pressure environment
Intern, Control Hardware, Low-Voltage Drives (Former Employee) –  Mayfield Heights, OHSeptember 26, 2018
Rockwell is a very ethical company and it treats people well. I never worked beyond 40 hours each week, and it seemed none of my coworkers went much beyond that amount. A lot of the educational opportunities within the company have to do with learning about its products, which, for an intern with an eye on other organizations, isn't particularly appealing. I was also disappointed at the end of my summer internship when an executive's feedback on intern project presentations had mostly to do with their business impact.
Pros
good benefits
Excellent company with strong values
Continuous Improvement Manager (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 20, 2018
I worked at RA for 13 yrs. Excellent company to work for. The type of culture and values that fit mine. Took good care of employees. Improved many benefits for its employees in the last 5 years. Good investments for future growth. Fun place to work. Provided many good tools to help you grow your career.
Pros
Company culture and focus on goals
Cons
Not many career opportunities within the US (mostly WI/OH)
Free parking
Accounting Coordinator Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 18, 2018
I can't remember a lot about Rockwell this was a temporary position that was under a contract once the contract the position ended can't remember a lot about the position as it was some time ago.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Contract ended
Provide support to the sales force
Commercial Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 15, 2018
Support distributor sales teams on product support, order status, shipping confirmation.
Assisted sales account managers in pre and post sales functions (quoting, price comparisons, product crossovers, sourcing stock)
Analyzed current pricing agreements to enable sales staff to negotiate maximum opportunity for RA within an account
Welcomed and directed visitors, monitored entry and access for guests, deliveries, Wi-Fi; answer/direct incoming calls
Coordinated internal/external meetings and small events as well as travel/logistics
Managed office function (maintained office equipment, ordered supplies,)
Managed office budget
Handled incoming and outgoing mail and shipments
Pros
Flexible work schedule
great company
Field Service/ SR. Technician (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 11, 2018
Great company to work for. Sad I had to relocated other wise I would still be at that job till this day. I love the staff and the manager inside the building
You will be the extension of the machine you run.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Twinsburg, OHSeptember 10, 2018
During a group meeting with management one of the managers yelled at our elected floor group representative and told him that "you're lucky to have this job! Anybody can do these jobs and soon you will all be replaced by machines anyway". So workplace culture was...low. Also overtime was Mandatory. I think some people can get content with a job like this but it obviously wasn't for me. I will say that at least on the production floor they are brutally honest with their employees for better or worse.
Competitive
Executive Management Assistant (Former Employee) –  AnaheimSeptember 8, 2018
Managarment is a little disorganized so it makes up by being micromanaging. Lots of millineals that are fresh out of college with no work experience so a lot of patience is required.
Overall good place to work but pay is low
Business Process Analyst (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 8, 2018
Most departments have a healthy culture but, like any large corporation, one bad VP can create a toxic culture in their organization.

Most managers are professional, flexible, and will help promote their employees' careers.

There are many opportunities for development depending on one's specific manager.
Pros
Good benefits, on-site gym, stable management
Cons
Low pay
Rockwell Automation is a very fast-paced environment
Receiver (Current Employee) –  Champaign, IL 61822September 3, 2018
Rockwell Automation is a very fast-paced environment and everyone is expected to come to work and do their job. Safety is number one. Attendance is very important.
Fast paced motor assembly factory.
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Gallipolis, OHAugust 29, 2018
Building electric motors at an extremely fast past. Temperature controlled environment. I had no intentions on leaving but in the winter this company typically has lay-offs. Most people with less than 3 years seniority are put on lay-off.
Great Place to work
Sr. Manager, Global Business Process Improvement (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 28, 2018
Rockwell is committed to their customers and to their employees... Great management and leadership deployment. They know who they are and what space they are good in and they go after it..

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rockwell Automation. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP30%
In the Top 30% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Rockwell Automation.

Powered by Comparably