Rockwell Automation Employee Reviews

Workpace Culture
Management Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 26, 2018
On paper this company looks awesome but working there was purely excruciating to say the least and would never suggest this company to anyone looking.
Pros
great health insurance
Cons
Didn't feel I was given the opportunity to grow and learn the position I was hired for.
Good learning environment
Manager, Enterprise Systems Management (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 19, 2018
Company believes in the mission. Great learning company.
Learned six sigma, and major project management there.
Engineering/sales culture.
Management is human.
There is no such thing as a typical day. Every day can be different.
Global reach gives global experience.
Pros
Still a family feel to the company, global nature helps with vision
I enjoyed my stay at Rockwell
Quality Assurance Clerk (Former Employee) –  Gallipolis, OHJune 19, 2018
It was nice for me to play a key role in preparing production packets for others in a timely manner. I appreciate Rockwell Automation for paying for my classes in college if I made a C or better. I just had to pay for the books and my gas for commuting back and forth from Gallipolis to Rio Grande, OH.
Pros
productive
Cons
low pay
fast paced
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Champaign, ILJune 18, 2018
typical day fast paced. i learned how to manage time. Management dosen't seem to care how much ot you work enjoyable part working with people you like. the hardest part is working with co workers who dont want to do rhere job
Pros
great benifits
Cons
working 50-60 hrs a week. not being able to spend rime with family
Not a good place to work
Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Mayfield, OHJune 15, 2018
Poor management.

I learned to be careful who your coworkers are and not to accept a lower level position in order to secure a higher level position.
Pros
Interesting Work
Cons
Poor Management
Productive and Competative work place.
Line Assembler (Former Employee) –  Twinsburg, OHJune 6, 2018
A typical day at Rockwell Automations, our supervisor would read the safety letter of the day. Depending on the department you are in you go to the different work stations, play your radio, and work until the first 20 minute break. Then when everyone is back from break we stretch as a group, as if other station need help so people can volunteer to help and work through lunch. Everybody will go back to work until lunch, depending on the line if your line is on track everyone in you line goes to lunch. If your line is behind the packer off the line takes a late lunch to help catch up the line. At the end of the day if your schedule is not completed, depend on the performance of the people on the line, the entire line will have to come in an hour early. Still get paid overtime for coming in the hour early, but if your line failed due to the machine and tester not running correctly. No one is required or held accountable for not completing the schedule.
Unpaid
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Twinsburg, OHJune 6, 2018
Had nice breaks that’s bout it. Over work u make u stay over time or come in early if u don’t finish don’t care bout u long as u get your job done they let me go after I stay over time to help someone eles after I did my job because they other guy act like he was sick he told me. So they use me to stay and I use work hard so I can leave on time they made me stay because they couldn’t finish they job than two hours later when I get home they call my temp spot and let me go after I did all that to help them job don’t care bout u. Don’t apply
Contractor
Marketing Analyst Consultant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 5, 2018
I was a contractor at Rockwell Automation and was eventually laid off. I can't fault them for that, they wanted to take care of their employees before contractors.
love this place
Operations Coordinator Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 31, 2018
I enjoy working for Rockwell most of the time. but im in office that has no a/c or hvac so at this point with it being summer im ready to relocate, nice easy job though.
Not a horrible job
Associate (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILMay 31, 2018
This job was only bad because it was mandatory night shift and monotonous. The management was good. They were very accountable and worked well with all of us. The pay is low for the exhaustion, but doable in a pinch.
Pros
Breakfast every Friday morning
Cons
Monotony and losing track of your days
Fun work place , the pay could be better
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Champaign, ILMay 28, 2018
Good people to work with many culture, working in warehouse, heating and AC could use some attention , not very reasonable for the type of warehouse, management and support not up to par
Pros
Leaning many different skills
Cons
Stuck in low pay not much room for advancement
Job
Temp (Former Employee) –  Twinsburg, OHMay 25, 2018
Was Only Temp work to get to know you.

If, you didn't fit in with people. Chum around about Being a Parent.. Married.. Sport Fan.. you can be out cast and ignored by people..
productive
Pallet Builder (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILMay 21, 2018
A typical day is spent mostly farming out workers to other departments depending on the needs of production. management was knowledgeable . the work place was relaxed but also could be stressful at times.
Pros
knew a day ahead of time about overtime requirements
Cons
waiting for parts
Great Experience
Summer Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Mequon, WI 53092May 21, 2018
There is a lot of great opportunities to apply your problem solving.
Management was hands off. I learned a lot about their products and their applications .
Pros
Camaraderie with co-workers, interesting products, good benefits, growing company
Cons
needed more feedback
Working
Production Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 8, 2018
I enjoy most of what is required of my current position. I like that I was given an opportunity and retained as an employee. I appreciate my job as it is.
Fast paced professional and rewarding work invironment
Lab Supervisor / Repair Technician (Current Employee) –  Youngstown, OHMay 3, 2018
Fast paced professional and rewarding work environment. Embrace change and have a positive attitude. Work in a team environment with continual education and training.
Great Culture for Growth
Material Analysts Intern (Former Employee) –  Richland Center, WIApril 21, 2018
I was challenged and developed through management and projects. As a materials analyst I was given real projects to not only benefit my resume but to build practical skills for life.
Decent internship
SOFTWARE ENGINEERING INTERN (Former Employee) –  Mequon, WIApril 14, 2018
I was an intern for 3 years and I was able to learn a lot while there and the management was very flexible with my hours since I was in school at the time. Overall pay was fine and the culture was alright.
Good company with a lot of history.
Customer Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 14, 2018
You must know many computer systems and functions to work in the customer service area.

Upper management started to condense and combine customer service starting in 2016. Lack of vision about how to successfully serve our callers is leading management to be more worried about the numbers than actually solving callers issue.
Pros
Great diversity and acceptance
Cons
Limited vision in customer service
Just Okay
Team Lead Safety Consultant (Current Employee) –  United StatesApril 11, 2018
Many things can be improved upon but no one listens. Work place bullying is permitted with no reprimand. Constantly adding to requirements and additions to roles and responsibilities without clear guidance and expectations; no incentive provided to compensate for extra responsibility.
Pros
Moderate travel
Cons
Lack of recognition

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rockwell Automation. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

66out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Rockwell Automation.