Rockwell Automation Employee Reviews

Not a good place to work
Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Mayfield, OHJune 15, 2018
Poor management.

I learned to be careful who your coworkers are and not to accept a lower level position in order to secure a higher level position.
Pros
Interesting Work
Cons
Poor Management
Unpaid
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Twinsburg, OHJune 6, 2018
Had nice breaks that’s bout it. Over work u make u stay over time or come in early if u don’t finish don’t care bout u long as u get your job done they let me go after I stay over time to help someone eles after I did my job because they other guy act like he was sick he told me. So they use me to stay and I use work hard so I can leave on time they made me stay because they couldn’t finish they job than two hours later when I get home they call my temp spot and let me go after I did all that to help them job don’t care bout u. Don’t apply
Contractor
Marketing Analyst Consultant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 5, 2018
I was a contractor at Rockwell Automation and was eventually laid off. I can't fault them for that, they wanted to take care of their employees before contractors.
love this place
Operations Coordinator Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 31, 2018
I enjoy working for Rockwell most of the time. but im in office that has no a/c or hvac so at this point with it being summer im ready to relocate, nice easy job though.
Not a horrible job
Associate (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILMay 31, 2018
This job was only bad because it was mandatory night shift and monotonous. The management was good. They were very accountable and worked well with all of us. The pay is low for the exhaustion, but doable in a pinch.
Pros
Breakfast every Friday morning
Cons
Monotony and losing track of your days
Fun work place , the pay could be better
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Champaign, ILMay 28, 2018
Good people to work with many culture, working in warehouse, heating and AC could use some attention , not very reasonable for the type of warehouse, management and support not up to par
Pros
Leaning many different skills
Cons
Stuck in low pay not much room for advancement
Job
Temp (Former Employee) –  Twinsburg, OHMay 25, 2018
Was Only Temp work to get to know you.

If, you didn't fit in with people. Chum around about Being a Parent.. Married.. Sport Fan.. you can be out cast and ignored by people..
productive
Pallet Builder (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILMay 21, 2018
A typical day is spent mostly farming out workers to other departments depending on the needs of production. management was knowledgeable . the work place was relaxed but also could be stressful at times.
Pros
knew a day ahead of time about overtime requirements
Cons
waiting for parts
Great Experience
Summer Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Mequon, WI 53092May 21, 2018
There is a lot of great opportunities to apply your problem solving.
Management was hands off. I learned a lot about their products and their applications .
Pros
Camaraderie with co-workers, interesting products, good benefits, growing company
Cons
needed more feedback
Working
Production Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 8, 2018
I enjoy most of what is required of my current position. I like that I was given an opportunity and retained as an employee. I appreciate my job as it is.
Fast paced professional and rewarding work invironment
Lab Supervisor / Repair Technician (Current Employee) –  Youngstown, OHMay 3, 2018
Fast paced professional and rewarding work environment. Embrace change and have a positive attitude. Work in a team environment with continual education and training.
Great Culture for Growth
Material Analysts Intern (Former Employee) –  Richland Center, WIApril 21, 2018
I was challenged and developed through management and projects. As a materials analyst I was given real projects to not only benefit my resume but to build practical skills for life.
Decent internship
SOFTWARE ENGINEERING INTERN (Former Employee) –  Mequon, WIApril 14, 2018
I was an intern for 3 years and I was able to learn a lot while there and the management was very flexible with my hours since I was in school at the time. Overall pay was fine and the culture was alright.
Good company with a lot of history.
Customer Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 14, 2018
You must know many computer systems and functions to work in the customer service area.

Upper management started to condense and combine customer service starting in 2016. Lack of vision about how to successfully serve our callers is leading management to be more worried about the numbers than actually solving callers issue.
Pros
Great diversity and acceptance
Cons
Limited vision in customer service
Just Okay
Team Lead Safety Consultant (Current Employee) –  United StatesApril 11, 2018
Many things can be improved upon but no one listens. Work place bullying is permitted with no reprimand. Constantly adding to requirements and additions to roles and responsibilities without clear guidance and expectations; no incentive provided to compensate for extra responsibility.
Pros
Moderate travel
Cons
Lack of recognition
Great place to work.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 11, 2018
Great culture, values, ethics. Very process oriented which can limit creativity and agility. Lot of internal groups to join and meet people from other areas in the organization.
Great place to work while looking for something better.
Warehouse Receiver (Former Employee) –  Nova ScotiaApril 3, 2018
Hired through a temp agency, no benefits, no paid vacation, no paid sick time. but it was a Monday to Friday Job that gets you through till you can find something better.
Nice Place to Work
Tester/Assembler (Current Employee) –  Mequon, WIApril 1, 2018
It is a fast-paced but low-pressure working environment, the compensation is a little low but the benefits are good, we have 15 vacation days plus PTOs, I only wish it could be easier to make a career inside the company.
Strong Stable company
Software Engineer (contractor) (Former Employee) –  Mayfield Heights, OHApril 1, 2018
Rockwell has a lot of good products and will always be a leader in the business. Great place to work.

Even though I like to work from 7 to 3 most days, hours were flexible within reason as long as work is completed and there is availability to interact with the other members of the team.
Pros
Good morale
Cons
Work was only Temporary
ping pong table; games; good people
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Chelmsford, MAMarch 29, 2018
lots of work but fun at times
too many meetings, not enough time for deep thinking
starting to get better work life balance
lots of opportunities to get involved in stuff outside your normal function

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rockwell Automation. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

66out of 100

The Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Rockwell Automation.