Rockwell Automation Employee Reviews

a great place to work and grow
Product Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 12, 2019
A great place to work and grow, many opportunities to advance. So many programs to be involved with both in the job and outside the job place. It is a team building company and can’t say enough for colleagues and management
Pros
A great company to work for
nice place to work
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Mayfield, OHJanuary 12, 2019
it is a very tough place to work, very busy, a lot of over hours work, but pay is good, and your hard work is rewarded. very nice and professional work enviornment
Great Company with individual goals
Senior Field Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 9, 2019
A typical day is being dispatched to customer. Gather up tools and manuals. Drive/Fly to customer site and investigate problem. Troubleshoot to find solution to problems. Return home or get dispatched to another customer.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Travel
Great place to work!
Commercial Programs Administrator (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 9, 2019
The people are wonderful to know and work with! It is a culture with roots on the senior employees, respectful of eachother and helpful. It is awesome they provide parking.
Pros
Culture and free parking
Cons
Sometimes a heavy workload to keep up with
Overall Assessment
Global OEM Alliance Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 8, 2019
Travel weekly to see customers

Learned how to manage a single account Globally.

Management was fairly supportive

Culture was great. I had the best boss when I was a Global Account Manager.

Hardest part was not having a complete product portfolio to take care of my customer globally

Most enjoyable part was taking a single customer from $230k/yr to well over $200M in 8 years
Not recommended
Safety Engineer (Former Employee) –  Mequon, WIJanuary 8, 2019
I did not have a great experience here. My boss was not interested in suggestions. If I scheduled meetings with other workers at the facility he would tell me not to waste my time.
Awesome
Units (Former Employee) –  Richland Center, WIJanuary 8, 2019
In all my years of working I have never worked for a better company. This is the only job I have ever had where I can honestly say I truly miss it. Given the chance to go back I would do so in a heartbeat.
Pros
Catered lunches mon-thurs
Cons
If you happen to smoke your breaks will suck if you work at the plant I did.
Productive and relaxed workplace
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mayfield Village, OHJanuary 8, 2019
Productive and relaxed workplace. Friendly and family oriented.
Enjoyed going to work everyday. Normal work day included all phases of office administration...computer, faxes, printing. meeting set-ups, event planning. Most enjoyable was planning building-wide events and seeing fellow co-workers having a great time.
Pros
Great benefits, cafeteria on site with made to order lunches
Review
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Mequon, WIJanuary 4, 2019
The company is very conservative and trying to have a customer first attitude. ( customer-centric focus ) this is a great approach but it needs a fundamental change to rules and policies. The company works on innovation and pushes this very hard. it invests heavily in security and advancements.
Pros
Stable environment for work
Cons
Work life ballance
Na
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Twinsburg, OHDecember 29, 2018
Long hours and your expected to keep up efficiency the whole 12 hour shift which is sometimes difficult as you get older ... working a 12 hour shift makes for a 15 hour day
Was a great place to work
Senior Field Technical Instructor (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 5, 2018
I worked at Rockwell 12 years ago when I was suddenly outsourced. I'm sure the culture has changed since my time there. I still work with many people that continue to work at Rockwell so I believe they still are a good company to work for.
Large Company structure
Sourcing Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Mequon, WIDecember 5, 2018
Almost too big to navigate / manage. Product focus heavily weighted toward software / mgmt. tools. Product Mgmt resistant to change in hardware / platforms, despite decades-old technology in place.

A solid Corporate Citizen / Industry Leader in SE Wisconsin region. Lots to be proud of as part of the RA Organization as far as support of community, local charities, performing arts, etc.

Functional areas have "silos" which are challenging to navigate across / pose barriers to initiatives.
Pros
On-site Medical Service and Health Club, subsidized lunch options
Cons
Bureaucratic and Resistant to Change / innovation on Hardware platforms.
great place to work
MRO Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIDecember 1, 2018
Treated employees with respect and kindness, we had many employee based activities including barbeques, Christmas parties and bonus time off. I was paid fairly.
Good work environment
Industrialization Engineer (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 30, 2018
A lot of training and opportunities to move to other positions within the company.
A good culture for team work and planning, but too many meetings in the way to accomplish activities.
Good company
Corporate Treasury Analyst (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 29, 2018
It's a start up. Good company to learn a lot. It provides many different services. I would recommend it to others. Great culture for family life balance.
Great teams
Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 20, 2018
I worked with a great team.
I was able to work with others to strengthen my skills.
I lacked a project to use my training and gain experience.
Offer Six Sigma Training.
Pros
willing to train
Cons
Projects are slow to execution
Stability
SENIOR FIELD SERVICE ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Troy, MINovember 19, 2018
Rockwell Automation is a very unstable company to work for. You can have what might be thought of as a career one day and be given your walking papers because of management turnovers. Rockwell is constantly changing it's products with new management, instead of building on a known platform they endlessly start over using their customers as test subjects. This was very true during their CNC venture that failed miserably.

Rockwell's primary business is pushbuttons and relays, PLC's of different complexities, they seems to be doing well with these products. The motors and servo applications are generally fair, but required a lot of service maintenance.
Pros
Good work benefits
Cons
Unstable Management
Productive and intresting
Controls Engineer (Current Employee) –  Mayfield Heights, OHOctober 24, 2018
Designing an industrial application test bed for the latest CompactLogix controllers, Allen Bradley products which are not in the market yet.
Write the whole program using RSLogix 5000 v31 PLC programming and run the test for few weeks and troubleshoot with the defects.
Run the same test in HMI- PanelView mostly 5000 series and generate a detailed report.
Pros
Nice environment to work with
Cons
Productive and fun place to work
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Mequon, WIOctober 14, 2018
RA provides the necessary tools for your success and has a strong culture that works to help you build your career as well as achieve the company goals.
This a major company
IT Field / Desktop Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 13, 2018
This is an advancing company and has many pros and cons. They are a multi-national company that is striving to put itself first and sometimes does not think of its employees the same way.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rockwell Automation. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP30%
In the Top 30% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Rockwell Automation.

Powered by Comparably