Rockwell Collins Employee Reviews

Old Fashioned Workplace with a New Modern Vibe
Implementation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDDecember 4, 2018
This company has been acquired by a new company and gone through mergers every few years for the past several. With every new merger, the culture shifts to something younger, which is great.
Since this location is not the headquarters though, a majority of old ideologies exists, and innovative thinking is not encouraged enough.

Great company if you are older, have tenure, and are seeking stability without any questionable changes.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Zero training, cliquey
Poor Management
Paint Prepper (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 30, 2018
Our plant got shut down over poor leadership. The Tucson plant had a weak team of directors. Two of them had no business being in those positions as they would disrespect others on a daily basis and had no clue what processes took place in the departments they managed. I would not work for either of them again. Other than the lack of leadership and horrid overtime (mandatory for months straight, 1-2 days off in a month) the people and decent benefits made it worth while.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Leadership
was a productive and driven woorkplace
Senior Mechanical Design Technician (Current Employee) –  Tustin, CANovember 30, 2018
Middle management is too far removed from the workforce. Policies and procedures greatly contribute to on time delivery of quality customer products resulting in costly reworks.
Great Company
Flight Simulator Maintenance Technician III (Current Employee) –  TexasNovember 29, 2018
The most ethical and employee supportive company I have ever worked for. I have worked for Boeing and Lockheed Martin also and they don't support their employees like Rockwell Collins does.
Pros
They care about their employees.
Great career
Sr. Test Equipment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IANovember 28, 2018
More than a job. An actual career. Management is a little sketchy at times. We'll see with the new acquisition how this company transitions. Overall great place to work.
Pretty good company to work for.
Senior Buyer (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CANovember 26, 2018
Very busy and most times hectic environment. Management lacked good communication skills to employees which lead to confusion. Good company benefits, vacation, and paid time off during holiday shutdown,
Some great people and some not so great
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IANovember 19, 2018
Its a good place to work with good pay and benefits that are competitive.
Just watch out for the cliques within some groups and its very much about who you know.
I enjoyed many things there but also would caution you to watch out, there are some definite backstabbers as in every workplace, but also if you make waves they will find a way to out you.
Pros
good compensation and benefits
Cons
some bad management
I enjoyed working with my fellow employees.
Assembly Operator/Stockroom Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 17, 2018
I enjoyed learning about the functions of the stockroom. I had a position were I assisted production in receiving replacement parts they needed due to NCR or scraped in production. I also assisted in pulling kits and parts for Sales Orders for replacements in the field.
I did not agree with the excessive use of overtime, I saw too much labor time miss used.
Pros
Set and steady work schedule.
Cons
Too much overtime without proper management.
Management can stagnate your career
Manager (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IANovember 16, 2018
Enjoy my job but the management doesn't always listen to feedback and take action when needed. I feel stagnate in my career and my leader doesn't help me grow.
This is a very nice place to work.
Mechanical Engineer for Pilot Control Systems (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CANovember 15, 2018
Rockwell Collins has a very nice work environment. People help each other. Most of the managers are very kind.

This is one of the best places I have worked for.
Fellow employees are great
Model Shop Technician (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 15, 2018
Management was top heavy and not too flexible.
Fellow employees were great !
Poor scheduling & gadget prone engineering produced an extreme amount of overtime.
Pay was good for the location.
Leads and middle management were usually helpful.
occasional company paid lunch, nice people
Senior Employee Advocate (Former Employee) –  Cypress, CANovember 14, 2018
Fast paced work environment but stressful at times. Rewarding because we helped fellow employees with their benefit questions. Enjoyed working there and I learned a lot about the different benefit plans Liked my immediate supervisor a lot.
Professional and Friendly work atmosphere.
Principal RMS/ILS Engineer (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, AL 35806November 12, 2018
I enjoyed the short time employed as a contractor at Rockwell Collins. My direct Supervisor, Upper Management, and the Employees at the Huntsville Facility were All very courteous and professional, it was a real pleasant work environment. I would definitely return to Rockwell Collins as a contractor or full-time employee.
Pros
Free coffee anytime, bagels every WED, and frequent management sponsored lunches.
Cons
None that I can think of!
Great
Certified Operator (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLNovember 12, 2018
It is a great place to work. I enjoy everyone i work with and i can say that i have a great manager that actively listens to his team. i would highly recommend this job to anyone.
Work involved lots of testing
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLNovember 9, 2018
The work as Rockwell Collins is for on board flight equipment which must be level A tested. Spent ruffly 70% of my time testing equipment vs. writing code.
Pros
9-80 Work week
Company is a good place to work, but I've moved out of state and I'm looking local, or work from home..
Sr Staff Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Marina del Rey, CANovember 4, 2018
Typical workday write test scripts to verify correct handling of Positive Train Control. I've learned TCL scripting. The hardest part of the job was the specifications are not up to date, so there is constant questions to development engineers about the specs. The people there are good to work with, and my supervisor understands the issues.
Pros
Nice environment
Cons
Issues with specifications.
Enjoyed working there
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Coralville, IANovember 3, 2018
Rockwell Collins has good pay and benefits. The only reason why i left is they offered early retirement. Gave me time to downsize and get a place i can afford when i do finally retire
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Its a good place to work
Software Technician (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAOctober 30, 2018
For the most part, I love working here. I have had some great managers. Currently, I do not. For most people, you are not micromanaged. This current manager loves to micromanage and has no idea what it is that I do. I work in software and this manager was a business major. Overall I like my job. It's a great place to work and I like the people. I have been told though that in my current dept it is almost impossible to get promoted. They don't do much for career advancement. They say they do and have a learning portal however it doesn't mean anything.
Pros
3 weeks vacation, people and pays well.
Cons
no career advancement and my manager ( not all managers) loves to micromanage
Horrible place to work
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VAOctober 29, 2018
Overall the position was not hard.Constant challenges created by continuous string of poor management decisions by managers not even qualified to run a Burger King. Management is incompetent, only concerned with monthly numbers and profits, and doesn't support issues that address growth and technical issues. Workplace culture is back stabbing and there is no such thing as teamwork. While Rockwell tries to emphasize "building trust every day" as their motto, it seems that's only because that's an area where they are so weak. Career advancement is centered around who you know, not what you can do. Advancement is extremely limited and nepotism runs rampant with this company.
Pros
Pto and shutdown time
Cons
no leadership and major disconnect
Very good compensation
Senior Procurement Compliance Officer (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAOctober 27, 2018
Rockwell Collins offers a very generous compensation and benefits package. There is some opportunity for career advancement depending upon the department. The winter shutdown is a very nice perk.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rockwell Collins. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP10%
In the Top 10% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Rockwell Collins.

Powered by Comparably