Rockwell Collins Employee Reviews

Great company to work
Finance (Current Employee) –  Annapolis, MDAugust 16, 2018
Great company to work for if you are part of Commercial System or Government Syste - located in Cedar Rapids. Their IMS (Main location is in ANP) division is not that great to work for. IMS Management does not follow the same rule as other division.
Pros
Rockwell's Tuition, Flex work time, Good mix of people work here - positive environment
Cons
Healthcare not great. Hard to take vacay in Acctg/Finance area (Depends on the manager)
Sr Industrial Engineer Technician (Current Employee) –  Coralville, IAAugust 15, 2018
Rockwell Collins provides many opportunities for their employees. Excellent benefits, great managers and chances to excel. The work culture is great, I learn something new every day. Excellent team environment. The most challenging part of my job is exactly what makes it the most enjoyable - to be able to come up with ways to continuously improve our processes and meet the needs of our customers, operators and my peers to reduce thru-put time, improve the quality of our products while following all company procedures and guidelines. I hate to leave Rockwell Collins, but my husband and I are looking to relocate to the Colorado Springs area, and I know that with my years of experience, I can have a satisfying career with your company and be a valuable team member.
Pros
Work environment
Productive and fun place to work
Undergraduate Intern (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDAugust 15, 2018
It was a nice job but just is not something in my field of study. I was doing work in my field to start off but my internship went from an internship to a regular job.
Used to be a great place
Sr Financial Analsyst (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 15, 2018
The corporate culture is to work harder with less resources. They keep reducing workforce, but not the work. Unless you work in Cedar Rapids, IA, upper management will not consider you for a promotion. They took most management jobs out of Irvine.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
no upward growth unless you relocate to Cedar Rapids
Good employee appreciation motives
Electronic Assembler (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLAugust 8, 2018
Working there was a pleasure the only downfall for Me was the pressure to work overtime continuously and trying to advance if you weren't friends with the right people then you weren't going to be promoted. The grounds were maintained wonderfully
Pros
Being acknowledged for Quality work
Cons
Hard to advance unless you know the right people
The favoritetism here is unreal
Expediter (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 8, 2018
Unless you're an extreme brown noser, related to a manager or part of they're "Clique" you will not advance or get a decent raise. I only stuck around because I live 5mins from work
Pros
double time pay on sundays if you dont mind working them
Cons
everything I listed PLUS so much more!
Great facility great break room hours are awesome
Lead Machinist (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 7, 2018
Culture is great the team we put together their i learned a so much about aerospace manufacturing together . A typical day at work fires to put out daily which the team had no problem doing and the hardest part of the job is telling management we don’t have the material to,put out the fires .
Pros
Great brakeroom, facility
Cons
Parking
Great people to work with
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCAugust 6, 2018
Pretty good place to work. Great benefits but the pay is low. Love the people who I work with. I'm looking to continue to improve my skills and add knowledge and continue to learn as much as I can about the business.
Pros
Benefits and my coworkers
Cons
Low Pay. Lots of forced overtime
productive work place
Inspector (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 5, 2018
Overtime mandatory, very divers culture, and I learned we are all the same as cultures come in to play. the hardest part of the job is working 7 days a week. The easiest part of the job is working different lines.
Pros
learning all there is.
Very busy enviroment
Sr. Network Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDAugust 5, 2018
Rockwell Collins NOC is a 24 by 7 place were the job can go from 0 to 60 in a matter of seconds. People their are sometime under appreciated, under paid and over worked but still maintain a high degree reliability to our internal and external customer network connectivity. Worked there 20 years and met a good group of individuals that want nothing more than to get recognized for the work they perform under a high stress work place.
Pros
never a dull moment
Cons
never a dull moment

Want to know more about Rockwell Collins?

Ask a question
cut throught
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLAugust 3, 2018
very cut
runs on the good old boy system
steady job
it does not matter weather you are hourly or salary its very stress full
you have no quality of life they pay little and you have to work as much overtime as you can get just to get buy
and if you take advantage of there open door policy be prepared to suffer the repercussions
I truly believe at one time they did have the best benefits in the area
but sadly it just became like everybody else
Pros
steady job if you play nice
Cons
cut thought and bad benifits
Fun place to work shifts can be changed if needed
CERTIFIED OPERATOR 2/QUALITY INSPECTOR (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLAugust 2, 2018
great company to work for open for advancement if person wants to Edgreat company to work for open for advancement if person wants TO excel in their career. Growth is invited in every area of the company . There are possible relocations to different areas in the state or country
Pros
can exel if wanted to
Cons
must be on time
Interesting Projects
Senior Electro-Mechanical Designer (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJuly 25, 2018
Micro Management all day long by a large group of managers
However the Projects are interesting and diverse.
Access to materials needed to do the job are good.
Pros
Something Different Everyday
Cons
Micro-Managed
Could Be Better
Senior Service Center Technician (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 25, 2018
Company is antiquated as far as its Operating procedures and working environment. They are definitely doing a lot with a little and seem to be very efficient at getting this accomplished. It is not a bad place to work, it definitely could be a lot better.
Pros
Winter Shut down
Cons
Micro Management
There are less stressful places to work
Senior Mechanical Designer (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJuly 24, 2018
Corporation is being bought out by a larger corporation. The coming loss of positions is going to catch many people off guard. Job outlook is not stable.
Pros
It is a job
Cons
Stress
mro
Warehouse Clerk / Hazmat Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 23, 2018
receiving in material
always pulling orders
always do stock check for expired martial
sometimes it does get stressful but you just have to work through it
Pros
i loved the chakkenges given to me
Cons
poor management people get away with too much
challenging
Supplier Quality Engineer (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 23, 2018
8 - 10 hour days as supplier quality engineer.

Have learned better skills managing inquiries and resolutions with suppliers.

Feel some management is under qualified for that role.

Workplace culture is similar to other manufacturing co.'s.

Meeting time constraints

Succeeding
Solid Place to work
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJuly 18, 2018
Working at Rockwell Collins is interesting. In my experience, it was this odd feeling of being overwhelmed by meetings and away from desk events, but overall like you get a lot accomplished.

It can feel a bit like you are a grain of sand in the universe. However, that occurs at any company at this size.

The culture is professional and courteous.
Pros
Good Internal Cohesion, Awesome Work Environment
Cons
Big Place
Been many yearts
Sr. Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJuly 17, 2018
but when I worked their is was fun and the managers were great to work with, noticed I said with and not for. They seemed to have a different style so you did not always consider them your boss, rather a co-worker
Rockwell-Collins at the time after 9/11 was very cutthroat, not a nice work environment for the employees.
Video Technician (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAJuly 17, 2018
The company I started for in 1984 was not the same as when my employment ended with layoff in 2004. It was sold to Lockheed, then Hughes, then Rockwell . Avicom international was original employer. It had been sold to Rockwell around 2001. All down hill from there. Hope they are still in business.
Pros
Paid well
Cons
At the end poor management at HQ. treated employees poorly.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rockwell Collins. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

3.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight