Rockwell Collins Employee Review

View all Rockwell Collins reviews

Avionics Manufacturing
Sr. Engineering Project Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJune 27, 2014
I worked my way around many parts of the lifecycle of a number of products. Production was fun and teams worked well together and acted like a family. Project transition was a great learning experience, but provided little growth opportunity, and Engineering development, though fascinating, was very limited to those without an engineering degree as the company does not have a PMO - Project Management Office. My hope for the company is that they will see the value in combining Technology Managers with Business Managers in order to allow the Engineering Managers to focus on their technical expertise, increasing creativity, quality, and efficiency and allow the Business Managers to maintain everything else within the lifecycle processes (scheduling, resource, scope, budget, and risk management). Partnering for success is key. Good Luck.

Other Rockwell Collins Employee Reviews

I love what I do; not where I work
Sr. Flt Planning Coord./Sr. Aviation Met. (Current Employee) –  Annapolis, MDApril 18, 2018
The job requires a bit too much that is outside of the scope of my job duties. Management continues to add on these duties and tends to punish those who question these added responsibilities. I absolutely love helping out my clients and being asked questions by my coworkers. The respect that my colleagues show for each other is tremendous and very fulfilling.
Pros
4 days off in a row
Cons
55 hour workweeks are a bit much
radio repair in the shop/ feild installs or repair when needed
Senior Radio Technician (Current Employee) –  Euless, TXApril 18, 2018
most days we have equipment that needs to be repaired in the shop. but when something critical to a airlines operation goes down. we are dispatched to repair the problem. being a radio swap. bad antenna. cabling ect. we also do removals and installs.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rockwell Collins. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

3.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight