Rockwood Clinic Employee Reviews

Great Company
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAMarch 9, 2018
I have worked for Rockwood for many years now. This is a fantastic company with wonderful management, great medical providers and good customer service.
Pro
Con
I liked the folks I worked with
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cheney, WAMarch 5, 2018
I loved the clinic I worked at, but the pay is so terrible. I do a lot more than most medical assistants. Most of the nurses I work with don’t even have the same responsibilities.
Pros
Great boss!
Certified Medical Assistant
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAMarch 1, 2018
This was my first MA job. They started out literally being the lowest paid company in my city. Things have now changed, and they have finally bumped the started wages to $15 plus an hour, instead of $12.50.
Former Employee
Clinical Research Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAFebruary 24, 2018
I enjoyed my time working at Rockwood Research. Due to the company being bought out by another company the department was not in demand and was eventually shut down.
Pros
Physicians and coworkers were great to work with.
Cons
Company buying out Rockwood placed the department in strain.
Productive and fast paced.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 8, 2018
Very friendly , helps you stay busy and learn something everyday. The patients are very loving. If you ever feel like you don't know something you can always ask and they will explain in to you in a understandable way.
Fast paced Professional Institute
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAFebruary 4, 2018
It's been many years since I worked there. It's now a different company. I wouldn't be able to comment or give feed back. The new Organization has very strong mission.
Fast paced
LPN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WANovember 7, 2017
Lots of autonomy in your job. Fast paced and interesting. I enjoyed my coworkers and the general atmosphere of the work place. I was able to move to different departments and learn new things,
Pros
lateral movement
Cons
locked into a 8 to 5 work day
Rockwood is a wonderful place to work
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WANovember 6, 2017
Rockwood is a wonderful place to work. I loved my time working there. It's a well run and marvelous care facility. They are good to there employees and staff. Good benefits available and other forms of compensation.
Pros
Simply a really good place to work
Fun place to work
Employee Health Nurse (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WANovember 3, 2017
Rockwood was a great place to work with a great culture for learning and advancement. They encouraged growth with their employees and really cared about the community they serve.
Pros
Benefits, Positive environment
Cons
Spread out over many areas, lack of coverage for breaks.
Fun, quick paced work enviornment
Reception/Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WASeptember 8, 2017
I think this is a great company to work for, only complaint would be the pay. I met a lot of great people. Went back to school to advance my career at rockwood..
Stressful environment
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAAugust 31, 2017
It's been 10 years since I've worked at Rockwood. I feel I was underpaid for what I did there. The doctors were awesome. My supervisor was terrible. She was constantly breathing down our necks. She had no medical experience but she thought she knew everything. I got overtime because the doctors would run behind with patients.
Pros
Full benefits
Cons
Terrible supervisor and I feel like the company didn't treat their employees well.
Get Your Foot in the Door and Get Out
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAAugust 10, 2017
Even with experience you'll be under paid. Management is ridiculous, they don't listen yet demand so much. Promises well be made and never kept regarding your pay and advancement.

There are so many levels of management that things aren't accomplished. Patient care is going down hill but hopefully the buy out will fix it
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Working at Rockwood
BETTER places to work in spokane
REFERRAL COORDINATOR/RECEPTIONIST (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAAugust 9, 2017
Rockwood is a great place to work in spokane. They hire from within and give room for advancement for hard working empoyees. Good bennifits, but not the best pay. ALTHOUGH they have been working on that aspect.
Pros
Great atmophere
Cons
Not they best pay
Loved credentialing and my co-workers.
Credentialing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAAugust 6, 2017
The Manager of the Credentialing department was ineffective at managing people, she left during the day and not for company business at least 2x per week.
She expected her 3 employees to do their work and some of hers as well on a consistent basis.
Pros
2 co workers and the providers I helped.
Cons
the Credentrialing Manager
Fun, relaxed, yet productive place to work with great opportunities
Coding Specialist (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAAugust 4, 2017
I really can't say enough about my experience with Rockwood, as it was a very positive one. I appreciated my immediate manager, as well as upper management; I appreciated being compensated fairly and afforded the opportunity to work from home, but the office was relaxed and pleasant also, as I worked with a great group of people. The most enjoyable part was doing something I loved and learning new things every day; the most difficult was not always getting the response from providers I would hope for, and feeling like some of them didn't value the relationship with us as coders as I hoped also.
Pros
Working from home 4 days a week
Cons
Providers not always appreciating what we were trying to do for them
Employees and management are rude inappropriate at times.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAJune 30, 2017
Claims to be a close nit family, fun work environment, but that only applies if you're already grandfathered into the click.
Not a bad place to work if it wasn't run like a kindergarten class or daycare.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Rude co-workers including management.
Back Office Medical Assistant, Cast Tech (Former Employee), Spokane, WA – June 16, 2017
CMA/ORTHO TECH (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAJune 16, 2017
Typical day would start out by reviewing doctor's patient schedule. Making sure all studies, xrays and new patient records were in place for the patient's appointment.

I was able to further my casting skills, learning setting techniques.

Immediate management was nice to work with.

Hardest part of my job was working shorthanded.

The most enjoyable part of my job was working with people.
Pros
Great team to work with.
Cons
Short Breaks
Overall view
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAJune 6, 2017
I have worked with Rockwood Clinic and enjoyed the experience. Rockwood has a difficult time with its managers providing the necessary day to day functions of leadership. Management is disconnected between the staff and the mission.
If you are looking to grow within the company,it's going to be a very difficult task. This is a difficult company to grow within as per the conversation I had with a recruiter Holly of Rockwood. If you have several years (10+) to grow, then you have a chance to grow within. If you are looking for a rapid growth, then this is NOT the company to do so.
Rockwood is not veteran friendly as I had a supervisor role in the military and I couldn't be transferred due to the leadership role wasn't in a healthcare setting.
Hope this helps.
Pros
Laid back atmosphere
Cons
Lack of growth
Hopefully change in management from for profit to non profit changes things
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAApril 27, 2017
High turn over of clinical and support staff. Low pay and short staffed makes it hard to do a decent job. Patient complaints at a all time high making even harder to do a decent job.
Pros
Not much
Horrible towards employees
Medical receptionist (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAApril 13, 2017
Worked at Rockwood for maybe 7-8 months. I watched 3 receptionist get hired and fired within their first 3 weeks. Was treated poorly by admin. We were always short staffed, the specific clinic i worked we were supposed to have 6 receptionist but only had two making the job overwhelmingly stressful with little to know reorganization or appreciation. I would never work for Rockwood again.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
everything else