Rockwood Shutters

Reviewer Recommended

Recommended Workplaces earn this badge by having an average star rating of 4.2 or higher in the last two years, and at least 10 reviews from Indeed users.

Rockwood Shutters Employee Reviews

All that glitters is not gold be careful
Design Consultant/Sales (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 10, 2019
"Big hoopla" in the beginning. Don't let that fool you. Not open to ideas or suggestions. Onsite training is a joke. Lots of food though. They give you samples but development is hindered bay lack of attention in important areas. They have the "Oh well" l attitude when you complain about important issues. If you bring too much light on the subject, they just stop talking to you all together.
Seriously consider what you are getting into. You had best have a good savings account until you get well off the ground. (if you get off the ground)
Pros
fun and exiting in the beginning
Cons
low, low pay
Fun family like environment
Design Consultant/Sales (Current Employee) –  United StatesOctober 23, 2018
Don’t let them take your quality family time. Stand firm with the hours you work. Wonderful encouragement and motivation. Monthly sales incentives.
Amazing place to work
Design Consultant (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLOctober 4, 2018
It is great working for Rockwood. Company moral is always high. There is always an avenue to get help when you have an issue. They are very helpful in making sure you feel equipped to be on your own in the field. Work to life balance is great. There is a lot of driving daily but if you don’t mind driving it’s not really an issue.
Pros
Work to life balance
Cons
A lot of daily travel
Great company to work for!
Marketing Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 17, 2018
Rockwood is a great company! I have been impressed since day one of working here. Everyone works hard and is passionate about what they’re doing, and they have a great time while they’re working. The CEO and COO truly care about their employees and that attitude trickles down to other management and their teams. Everyone is extremely welcoming and friendly, and they make you feel like a member of the Rockwood family on your very first day. As an employee, you feel valued and appreciated for the work that you’re doing, and you are heard when you express your thoughts and opinions. I am grateful to be here and look forward to many years of working for such a great company.
I love my job!
Scheduling Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 19, 2018
I’ve only been with Rockwood for about 4 months but I can tell you it is by far the best company I’ve ever worked with. I work in a very fast-paced environment on the phones in the Scheduling Department and also work directly with Design Consultants to help them with their daily schedules. It is a very demanding job but it keeps you on your toes! We have deadlines we have to meet and department goals that we are all working towards. It is a strong team with an awesome supervisor; it makes the job a lot easier. In this fast-paced environment, there is also time to relax. We have busy times during the day but when the phones slow down then we have time to talk and get to know each other. It really makes it easier to come to work knowing that I am part of such an awesome organization with awesome leadership and an incredible CEO who is very hands on and very accessible.
It’s all about the heart.
Design Consultant (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 17, 2018
This company is so big hearted. The culture is cooperative and kind. (Also fun!) The job is different and challenging every day but they provide tangible support for their team and a really thought out framework to make it all work pretty seamlessly. Most of management has done the job from the ground up, which is a game-changer. They get it. The CEO is a powerhouse. I really love her. There’s very open lines of communication between the whole team, even managers, in fact, especially managers. I actually look forward to talking to them and I actually look forward to doing my job every day.
Pros
Great company to work for!
Design Consultant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 9, 2018
I worked at Rockwood for a few years and it was truly a wonderful company. The CEO is so great and she really takes care of all of her employees, while successfully running the company. The other designers are like family and I’m still friends with a lot of them. The management and office are very supportive, as well. The schedule and leads are created for you, and you work-from-home while running the daily appointments scheduled for you. Vacation time is very flexible. You will be well trained, then after training earn 100% commission on your sales. I personally was one of the top sales designers; however, if you struggle in that area, then commission might be lower for you. They really are a great company who become like family to you.
Pros
Great management and coworkers, flexible schedule.
Cons
Not many cons, but 100% commission might be challenging for some.
Fun job, but did not generate enough income to justify the time spent.
Design Consultant (Former Employee) –  FloridaJune 27, 2018
i enjoyed the job itself, meeting homeowners and helping them design window treatments for their homes was very enjoyable.

Rockwood does a very good job of scheduling, keeping sales calls grouped by geography. You need to be available Monday - Saturday to meet with customers in their homes. Very few evening appointments, which is good.

You can request (in advance) particular days off when needed and they are very accommodating.

You carry a tremendous amount of product samples in your personal vehicle which makes family outings cumbersome unless you have a second vehicle.

You receive phone & car allowances, which for me did not cover enough of the expense I incurred.
Pros
Enjoyable work. Great people, office support.
Cons
Commission is a little low.
Bad culture
Scheduling Market Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 8, 2018
alot of favoritism if you annoy a manager for any reason or get on anyone’s bad side just once you have a target on your back and most likely they will find a reason to let you go a lot of fake people all smiles fells like high school
The pay is absolutely minimal and with the competitors with lower pricing in this territory , the salary is minimal.
Design Consultant (Former Employee) –  AnonymousApril 26, 2018
The days have had many rude customers that you have to go and see in their homes and you can get an appointment with a great house or one that might be a complete slob and filthy.

The customers will constantly call the corporate office and complain and really makes the job stressful.

In order to make $60,000 a year you have to sell at least a million dollars or a little less a year , which this territory does not have that type of volume.

Corporate office and customer service are great and they are really helpful .
Pros
Great thanks work for with a family balance.
Cons
The salary is much lower than many what I was told I would be making at the start of the position.
Family oriented company
Qualification & Scheduling Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 13, 2018
With my 1st year anniversary approaching at Rockwood, I have been pushed to grow in the most positive way. This is a fast paced environment that at times, can be challenging, but gives you the opportunity to prosper and develop as a professional. Everyone around you is working towards the same goal and there is never a dull moment. I was hired to be a Customer Service Representative where I was faced with a bag full of challenges - how to effectively handle irate customers, field complaints in a friendly manner, and find the best possible solutions to a customer's concern. I was then given the opportunity to transition into another role as a Scheduling Specialist, where I work closely with our Field Design Consultants and customers that need a consultation to start their home project.

Overall, I cannot imagine working for a better company. My coworkers, the supervisors, and CEO are all good-hearted people, which truly makes it easier to come in and get the day started. I am eager to see what this next year brings for myself, and for the company!
Pros
Free lunches for company meetings!
Cons
Can be seen as an overall "Pro". We are growing, so is the work load.
Best company to work for
Design Consultant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 10, 2018
I have been working for Rockwood Shutters as a Design Consultant for almost 2 years and this is the best company I have ever worked for. All of my leads are provided, scheduled for me and then put on my calendar for me to run the appointments and close the sales. I get to work with a wide verity of customers so my day is never the same, which keeps me very interested. Working for Rockwood Shutters has taught me to be a better person because the owners and managers constantly encourage us to be kind and helpful to others in need. The owners and managers treat you like family and actually care about you. Management does not micro manage people which is amazing and if you have an idea about something that could help make your work process easier, they are always willing to listen and actually make a change. This is a fast paced environment that helps you to learn a wide verity of skills no matter what department you end up in, while also allowing you to advance in the company very easily. This job is not hard as long as you are will to work and be accountable. Rockwood Shutters continues to grow due to their caring staff and quality products. I just put their Shutters all through my house, the quality really is wonderful and I am a perfectionist so pleasing me can be pretty hard sometimes. I can not tell you enough how God has blessed me with such a wonderful company to work for. ROCKWOOD ROCKS!!!!!
Pros
Working for an amazing company with great people that care for other.
Cons
Amazing company to be apart of.
Design Consultation Support Team (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 23, 2018
I’ve been working for this company for almost a year, and it’s definitely one of the best companies out there. Daily, I interact with a variety of customers on the phone and work closely with strong Design Consultants. My position challenges you to become knowledgeable in geography. It also challenges you to work with project deadlines. Your communication, memory, computer and multi-tasking skills will improve with this position. This is a busy environment but there is also time dedicated to relax and have fun as a company like group projects and decorating for the holidays where your creativity can shine. The supervisor over this department is amazing! He works hand and hand to complete tasks and he is a team player. He is a listener and understanding when emergencies arise. The CEO is an amazing person ALL-AROUND! She has created this company not to just be a business but a family. I have seen this company come together on several occasions to help and support each other in devastating times. I’m honored to work with a company that values their customer and values their employees.
Every day is different
Design Consultant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 3, 2018
Great work life balance. Schedule and leads are provided for you. Love meeting new clients and assisting them with their fun projects, every client and day is different. Management and staff are always their to assist with help or anything you may need. With the storms this year this company really assisted it’s employees and were there for them when they needed it most. Very collaborative work environment makes you egar to learn and be the best you can be, and never feel micro managed. The hardest part of the job is a lot of driving and indecisive clients.
Pros
The creative process
Cons
Lots of driving
Poor choice
Design Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 6, 2017
Rockwood is not a good place to work for full time employment. There are insufficient opportunities for sales and more time is spent travelling between calls than anything else. Overall, this would be a good part time job for someone who is not the principle income earner.
Sales and Design Consultant (Current Employee) –  Annapolis, MDFebruary 26, 2017
This is an awesome company to work for. The only con is that it is 100% commission but the company culture is fun and exciting.
If you like meeting new people every day and traveling this is a great job. The hardest part is there is not a steady paycheck so every week you are starting fresh. You do work on pre confirmed leads and you have a set schedule.
Pros
Fun and everyday is different. Always meeting new people
Cons
100 percent commission and a lot of driving
Pleasant environment but lacked efficiency
Operations - Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 29, 2012
I started off as a Job Coordinator. I coordinated and monitored the logistics of job order processing, design, field verifications, fabrication, and delivery for Florida (3rd largest market in sales), DC, Virginia, Maryland, and Pennsylvania. After that I was promoted to the scheduling department for a cross training opportunity. I coordinated & scheduled installation appointments for the Oklahoma territory and 3 of the company’s largest territories (Houston, Dallas, and California). After completing the cross training challenge in the scheduling department, I was quickly promoted to the Purchasing Department where I was responsible for numerous tasks such as:

•Liaison between the Production Facility and the Corporate office
•Purchased materials & supplies; Conducted quality control measures for supply deliveries
•Performed cost and labor analysis: In-house Package Production vs Outsourcing
•Solicited & negotiated competitive pricing with new vendors; Recent negotiations with a new vendor resulted in a projected cost savings of over $2000 for 2012
•Monitored and evaluated impact of production trends on inventory management and forecasting
•Managed the review, evaluation, and distribution of customer response reports that impacted the company’s exclusive nationwide business relation ship with a major distributor
•Trained new employees and served as a floater for my two previous positions during promotional periods

Overall, it was a pleasant and relaxed but fast paste environment. They definitely tought me how to multi-task and work well with others. The hardest part of the
  more... job was making sure everyone was on the same page between the production facility and the corporate office and still do my job effectively. The most enjoyable part was learning how each department functions and how they are all effected by each others actions.  less
Pros
i got along with everyone and it was a family environment
Cons
the compensation was not competitive and there was a lack of efficiency

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rockwood Shutters. Our community is ready to answer.