Rodeway Inn Employee Reviews

Poorly handled
Hotel Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Mineral Wells, WVApril 17, 2019
The overall employment experience is very poor. The management practices very poor business ethics and even poorer judgement. Some of their practices are frankly not up to code.
Pros
Tips
Cons
Unfair compensation and poor business practices
Owners lived on property and did not maintain it at all. Rooms were terrible.
Front Desk Manager (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLApril 14, 2019
The owners lived on property and would not spend any money on repairs or maintenance. The hotel lost their license with Choice Hotels and ended up changing names, three times.
fun environment
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMarch 26, 2019
Attended to guest rooms, including sweeping, mopping, and vacuuming.
Resolved guest complaints.
Researched and collected options for best pricing on hotels, and flights.
Maintained high level of professionalism and calmness with all personnel, even in high-stress situations.
3 months max
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WAMarch 18, 2019
Most employees only work here for 3 months then management fires them to avoid having to pay health insurance. No training provided management doesn't even show up most days.
Na
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  San Ysidro, CAMarch 18, 2019
La verdad..no se preocupan por sus empleados.. no hay muchas horas para trabajar..
I don’t personally recommend.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTMarch 13, 2019
I don’t personally recommend working at the rodeway inn.
I was stabbed by a used syringe, while changing bed sheets during the second half of my pregnancy and the manager shrugged it off and said that I would be fine.
Poorly managed and rated motel
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 11, 2019
I was trained for the front office management position just to give me a slightly higher title while taking on the majority of the work. The housekeeping did a phenomenal job, but management and front office staff seriously left a lot to be desire.
Pros
Unknown
Cons
All around poor working conditions
Challenging job in a property requiring some TLC
Manager 38 room property (Former Employee) –  Kanab, UTMarch 7, 2019
When you run a property that is an older building and requires a ton of maintenance work, it is a special challenge to provide guests with a great stay experience. Rodeway Inn was a challenge met and excelled at.
Bad Hotel
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Kittanning, PAMarch 6, 2019
This was a little run down "hotel". The service and the management were horrible. More worried about spending the money they were making then investing it back into the business. More then likely why it is closed today.
Work place good/co workers great
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 4, 2019
It was a nice place to work.the clientel was awesome. They were like family because they were coming back time after time.management was ok,but their were about six manager changes while I was employed their.few were good managers and some were awful in my opinion. All the employees were very nice and good workers.the hotel was owned by Indians as are most of the small hotels and motels are.they were very cheap,no benefits and didn't care about the employees. After the hotel was sold in January of sixteen, the hotel was bought by the seiglel group and they didn't need a night auditor. Because they made the hotel people's apartments and closed at about eight pm.all and all,it was a fun experience their.
Pros
Good freinds, good guests
Cons
Owners didnt take care of workers
Relaxing and nice to work with customers
Front Desk Auditor (Current Employee) –  Groton, CTMarch 2, 2019
It's a good job, the only downfall is the minimum wage and no overtime... very nice job to have while going back to school ..no stress😄. Nice co workers
Pros
Discount in choice hotels
Cons
Pay
Front Desk Clerk/Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAMarch 1, 2019
it was a great places to work and meet customers and employee it was a place that we gave the best service too willing to go back but the people sold it to someone else
Pros
na
Cons
na
Not really a place for advancement.
Guest Representative (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVFebruary 28, 2019
Management came husband and wife. The husband kind of had a sense of what to do however the wife very oriented, stern, not flexible. Her choosing of words used with employees and guest came off so rude. Not a place I would recommend.
Cons
Low pay, rude management
Very productive
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALFebruary 28, 2019
I was very easy work I really enjoyed the people I worked with hate I had to quit the job but I had no other choice at the time but if asked i can explain I am truly a good worker and will show up for work
Ownership was terrible
Special Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Alamosa, COFebruary 24, 2019
I worked here a while ago so it has maybe changed since then. But ownership out of Denver treated this place like one big tax right off. Imagine working somewhere and trying to manage and having absolutely no resources to improve anything. The water park was falling apart, the kitchen and hotel were outdated, under staffed, the head management at the time, were doing their absolute best but had no backing.
Flexible,easy, but not sustainable
Front Desk (Current Employee) –  Stephenville, TXFebruary 11, 2019
The job was very simple and easy to perform. It was perhaps the most flexible job I could ask for and the only real downside was the extremely low compensation.
Pros
flexibility, easy
Cons
pay
Great management
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Wahpeton, NDJanuary 27, 2019
Treated me and other employees like family. Nice work environment. My manager was friendly, knowledgeable and thorough. Sometimes it was hard to communicate with management but we always figured things out with their help.
Pros
Nice environment
Cons
Some language bariers with management
Hotel
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Chicopee, MAJanuary 27, 2019
Replenishing all rooms after guest left. Responded to guest needs. Inspected rooms. Organized and restock the carts. Reported any issues with the rooms.
Horrible place to work for when I did. I do not know how it is right now. I have not been back since
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYJanuary 24, 2019
When I left this job I did I dreaded every day of my last 2 weeks after putting in my 2 weeks notice. I wouldn't recommend this job to anybody. However, today, I don't know if anything has changed it has been so long.
Pros
Nothing. Absolutely horrible
Cons
Absolutely horrible
Don’t ever try to work here; poor management
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  South Miami, FLJanuary 22, 2019
•This is one of the worst motels (this is a MOTEL.. not a HOTEL like they falsely advertise) you could ever work at.

•training is bad and very fast pacing if they’re desperately wanting to fill someone in... and TRUST ME, They cram your head with a bunch of stuff to learn. Good thing it’s not rocket science.

•They lie to many employees and to many of the customers/guests that enter the hotel. To begin with, when you first enter for the job interview, they lie to you by saying, “we offer a 30 minute break to the front desk, they just have to punch out and punch back in once their 30 minutes are up. And if you do a 30 minute break, if you’re scheduled to leave at 3 PM, you’re supposed to leave at 3:30 PM instead. If you don’t want to do that, you can eat for 5-10 minutes and continue working.” WHICH IS UTTER BS.

•Mostly in every SINGLE shift, you’re working on your own and they don’t allow you to even eat;you wanna eat, you need eat standing up in front of the customers and the Gen. Manager has the audacity to tell you,”don’t eat in front of the guest”.

•the job isn’t always slow... you’re working nonstop by checking guests in, checking people out, answering and putting different phone numbers lines on hold, resolving people’s payments & refunds, counting your drawers on time to punch out and for the managers to not get mad at you by going overtime, opening the garage parking lot door, doing paperwork, etc... THE LIST CAN GO ON.

•When they receive bad reviews, they blame that the fact that they’re getting bad reviews from you. But tell me, how do you expect
  more... for an employee to feel willing to work properly when they get ZERO BREAKS?!

•Maintenance and housekeeping is only available till 4 PM, so if you work the PM SHIFT, you’re basically a maid and a technician for incoming guests who have issues with the room and complain.

• When the managers have “meetings” and if you have a full line of people from the counter to the door, they dont give 2 F’s if you have angry mob of guests... they will leave you there to figure it out on your own and to just deal with it.

•They take money out of your paycheck if you “Mess up” in one of the payments for reservations.

• night auditors have to spend the entire night in their 8 hour shift by standing up ALL night long; auditors can’t sit on a chair and need “permission” for it. And this isn’t a con for me, but AM & PM shifts have to stand up as well.
Pros
Health care insurance benefits, job schedule flexibility
Cons
Poor management, poor training, ZERO breaks, too low of a pay for how hard you work