Roechling Automotive

Working at Roechling Automotive: 38 Reviews

United States38 reviews

Laid back and good people to work with

Enjoy working at Roechling and met a lot of great people since I’ve been here, just hate I can’t enjoy my weekends with my family. There’s always something new to learn and room to grow. Despite the short breaks and barely having time off it’s a good, easy, and laid back place to work.

Pros

Pay is good, the people are great

Cons

Short breaks and really don’t have time to enjoy family or rest

good

Well, this job is fine, but some people can't be professional which makes the job hard. other then that it's not bad everyone says good morning and friendly.

Pros

nice envorment

Cons

Some supervisors are bad at talking and creepy

Roechling Automotive insights

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Company in downsizing mode

Company struggling due to inexperienced ex-secretary promoted to plant project manager. Micro-managed. Work from home employees are not needed but continue to keep their job. Non-stop Title changes, office moves & manager “swaps” are not working. Chaotic & Toxic workplace.

Pros

N/a

Cons

Micro-management

Management will not tell the truth

Meeting after meeting and everything that is said has absolutely no bearing on anything in the future. Nothing is ever followed through with. Big turn over changing of management on a very regular basis. And you are left to pickup the leftover workload and try to get your job and others done as they continue to lose more people and again load you up consequently making it impossible to complete your job on a 60 hour week that you get 40 hour pay!

Nothing good to say about this company

Work 18 hour days and phone calls the other 6 hours. Management does not care if if you rest or get to see your family and extremely hostile environment.

Pros

Cons

Being there

Poor management

Lack of daily direction and leadership by management team. Which left the night shift at the whim of production with no clear plan as to preventative maintenance.

I liked working here I would recommend it to anyone

Roechling is a very nice environment the management is great they make sure ur skills are sharpened they have a nice referral program the keep there warehouse very tidy

Micro-managed Co. & feels like a secret, short term, shut down mode

It is a hostile work environment with a cultish, narcissistic clan of managers. Conflict of interest with HR covering up the failures of their spouses and friends in management. This is well known throughout the workforce causing 10-15 year dedicated employees to walk out.

Omg! You gotta see the Plant Manager for a good laugh!

How bout an incompetent little hitler wanna be. If u like micro-micro management this is the place. Clueless, in over his head, narcissist non-stop spying with cameras on his phone. Has setup his office like a French Cathouse. Seriously. For a good laugh just work for 1 day here. Im here for the laughs. An egomaniac, petty, plant manager thinking he’s a ceo!

Limited inclusion of floor ideas for product improvement

Limited inclusion of floor ideas for product improvement pushed up the chain of command. Lack of drive and motivation to improve shown in employees attitudes.

very fun but can be repetetive

good job to have but not a place to begin a career. will allow you to save up money with the vast opportunities you have to work. can work all seven days a week if you want.

Program Management Very Poor

Program Management and Engineering Director are the cause of company losses in the millions. Job was eliminated as a cost savings. However the Program Management Department had no reductions in man power.

Garbage

They haven't paid me over the holidays so I want get paid until Monday. This company is full of trailer park trash and the Ghetto all in one 🖕 this place I just wanted my 💰

Fast pace

I wouldn't recommend this job to anyone unless they are a good and fast worker, other than that they may want to try it out. It's a very hot place in the summer and even in the winter, and has its ups and downs ,I just wouldn't go back,that's the bottom line.

Pros

Don't know

Cons

Very short breaks

This place sucks

Poor management, nasty work environment, poor morale I wouldn't suggest this job to anyone. Also the technical support is none existing. I been with this company though good times and bad at the rate there going this company want last much longer financially. The European directors and board need to intervene

Pros

Cons

Great co workers

Wrong people in important positions.

How about an ex (or current) skinny crackhead girl prod planner that hardly shows up to work, spends 3 hrs a day in the smoking area & 2 hrs a day on personal cellphone calls & has the nerve to call plant workers lazy!

Pros

A doc

Cons

Lazy people in positions way above their IQ levels.

Office culture is sickening, plant workers are awesome!

Worst mgmt & office culture I’ve seen in 30+ yrs of med to large co’s. Slacker Mgmt is non-existent over a slacker culture. If you work 10 hrs a week you get unlimited time off vs 50 hours a week to make up for the slackers.

Pros

A job?

Cons

Insecure & lazy management that duck their heads to avoid them being chopped off.

good place to be but new managment is not good and low moral of the people

I have been with Roechling for almost 16 years total. I love Roechling but this last year we have a new plant manager and planning is now reporting to production. there is no common ground with logistics and production. You can't work enough hours and we are now manually planning even with SAP. I just need a change to have a better personal / work life balance.

Pros

Free Dr on site

Cons

to many hours required to work and no comp days given to us as salary

Chaotic

This company is the most disorganized I've ever seen a place. Management give vague instructions and play the blame game. No time off. Constant work, too much work.

Pros

Cons

short breaks, manipulation and very low pay

Have to wonder if you're going to get fired

Haven't too long ago started and people have been getting walked out and quitting eft and right it's CraY. Supervisors and managers watch from behind bins and totes to see if anyone is working or using their phones. Just the temps are watched though the employees that are hired on are running of the temps and getting them fired for petty stuff. Strict no cellphone policy which is 100% fine but it seems the regular employees can have their phones out anytime which they do. My supervisors and managers are great but forgetful and are hard to find sometimes when you need them. 7 days a week for no reason at all because they still don't meet their daily goals or barely brush them. Better off doing a 12hour shift for 5 days a week so your employees can rest you don't really expect to reach high numbers in an 8hr shift

Pros

The pay

Cons

The petty Roechling employees

Good company overwall

You work long hours, but that's what you should expect as a product engineer. The Michigan office is small but filled with hard working intelligent people.

Common questions about Roechling Automotive

Answered by current and former employees at Roechling Automotive

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Roechling Automotive. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Compare Roechling Automotive with

Learn about Roechling Automotive in popular locations

Roechling Automotive reviews by popular job title

• Roechling Automotive