Roehl Transport Employee Reviews

Flatbedding is hard work. For poor pay
Driver (Former Employee) –  Marshfield, WIAugust 7, 2018
Pay differences for drivers and shippers was so outrageous that it made for poor relations especially when the weren’t concerned about making load road ready
Pros
Good dispatcher
Cons
Pay and hours
Do not work here
Driver (Former Employee) –  Marshfield, WIAugust 6, 2018
There are much better places to work than Roehl Transport. If I would have known before hand what I was getting into I would have run the other way.
I would have given them a 0 star rating but indeed wouldn't let me so I had to give at least one. This is a bad bad company to work for. They say they care about their drivers but the blame them for every little thing that goes wrong. Even when dispatch screws them up.
They put me in a temporary vehicle (for a couple of days they said) while I was having the A/C fixed in my assigned truck, so I packed a bag for a week and hopped into the temp so I wouldn't lose any work time. It took them almost a month to get me back into my original vehicle. I had to buy clothes and supplies that I didn't need. While I was in the temp truck, Roehl (pronounced "rail) moved everything out of my original truck so they could reassign it to another driver. They literally "threw" my belongings into boxes damaging some of it, including poking a nice sized hole in an expensive, irreplaceable, leather jacket that was handed down to me from my late father.
And that is just the tip of the iceberg with these jerks. I have lots if anecdotes. I could write a book, like when I was driving for them and I had an appendicitis attack and they left me to find my own way to the hospital where I had to have emergency surgery and find my own way home to recuperate. They towed my truck to Marshfield, WI. even though I was dispatched out of Ellenton, GA since I live in Florida. Again they dumped my stuff in boxes to reassign my truck this time damaging my CB. Whenever
  more... I confronted them about their insatiable urge to damage my belongings whenever they got the chance, they said that they were not liable for any personal property I keep in my truck. I couldn't find a lawyer who would take my case, so I left them, but not before using up all my vacation time.
Roehl dose not care about you. It will cost you more money in aggravation than they are willing to pay. If they try to recruit you, run the other way. Be afraid. Be very afraid.
Pros
There are other companies to work for
Cons
They exist.
Good Company
Fleet Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 29, 2018
great starting company for employee and also a good environment culture i strict. the mission is what drives the company. I would recommend Roehl o tohers
July 30, 2018

Thank you for the great review! We are happy to have you with Team Roehl!

Great company to start your driving career with
Local Driver (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJuly 29, 2018
Roehl is a hardcore safety 1st company. They do try to keep the drivers happy. I think that if you raise the pay for OTR drivers. Local should get a pay raise too.
Pros
Benefits. Friendly employees. Good management.
Cons
Strict company. People play the blame game. Maintenance sucks
July 30, 2018

Thank you for your review. We appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback!

Nice place to work
Professional Commercial Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Marshfield, WIJuly 23, 2018
They have a nice fleet of trucks . They are safety orientated and provide training . Their hubs are nicer then most companies. They try to maintain their equipment .
Pros
Are known for safety
Cons
Start at a lower rate of pay
July 24, 2018

Thanks for taking the time to leave your review! We appreciate your input.

Just waiting for some answers
Driver (Former Employee) –  Marshfield WisconsinJuly 21, 2018
I'm thinking of working for roehl trucking company and I just need some advice I need some feedback you think this is a good decision yes or no and if anybody out there can help me with this would be very appreciative I just want to make sure that I'm doing the right thing people say it's a good company other people say it's not a good company so if someone could give me some feedback that would be great thank you so much for your time and be safe out there
Pros
Not yet
Cons
Poor communication with manager on home time request
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Marshfield, WIJuly 19, 2018
Try to be good employers, don't feel that driver management always listened to my requests and my wife has anxiety issues and makes being gone for five days straight too much. Not a bad company at all. Excellent equipment to drive.
Productive trucking company
Safety Secretary (Former Employee) –  Marshfield, WIJuly 11, 2018
Trucking company, worked with drivers mileage, average work day is not hectic. Not a bad place to work. Managers in certain departments are unfair and impartial to employees.
Pros
benefits, paid vacations.
July 12, 2018

Thanks for taking the time to leave your review! Your feedback is important to us!

Great Work Place
Commercial Motor Vehicle Operator (Former Employee) –  Marshfield, WIJune 27, 2018
Outstanding Company for learning and growing as a Over the Road truck driver.
The hardest part of the job is learning new locations for pick-up and or drop off's.
Pros
Military Friendly
Cons
Short days off
July 2, 2018

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us your feedback. Thank you so much for sharing!

Semi driver for PDM Bridge
Driver (Former Employee) –  Marshfield, WIJune 13, 2018
Oversized loads, steerable axles, vans, covered wagons, flatbeds, machine hauling, refridgerated division, benefits, paid vacation days off, driver lounge for when in town at company.
Pros
Benefits, pay per mile, safety bonus, annual bonus, fuel bonus, longevity bonus
Cons
N/a
June 15, 2018

Thanks so much for the 5-star rating! We appreciate your kind words. Thanks for being a part of TeamRoehl!

Want to know more about Roehl Transport?

Ask a question
The work hours is ok
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Gary, INJune 12, 2018
Not bad to work for some people are nice and care about you .i went through the gycdl program . I don't know what else to say for this company .but give it a shot.or look at it
Pros
Free shower and laundry is a plus
Cons
Food is extremely expensive
June 14, 2018

Thanks for sharing this! We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review!

Great place to drive if you wanna be home
Truck Driver (OTR) (Former Employee) –  Conley, GAJune 12, 2018
Great working place will have you home they have a 7-4, 7-3 driving time with days home. Also new trucks and a lot of drop and hook. Nice dispatcher to talk to and great terminal to visits when not driving.
June 14, 2018

We appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback as your input is important to us. Thanks for being a part of TeamRoehl!

Roehl Transportation
CDL Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 6, 2018
great start clean truck.

meet new people each day.

mgmt is mgmt
work place was ok

keeping moving not getting stuck in a dock for hrs.

one stop lined up after another
Pros
na
Cons
na
June 8, 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your feedback. We appreciate your input!

Great starting company
OTR driver (Former Employee) –  Marshfield, WIMay 22, 2018
A great company to start with if your fresh out of driving school.
They take their time with you before you start driving, to make sure you are ready for the road. Management was decent. Pay was not bad for starting.
Pros
Overall a decent company
Cons
Communication
May 25, 2018

We appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback! Your feedback is important to us.

Great starting company
Owner and Operator (Former Employee) –  Marshfield, WIMay 15, 2018
It was a great company to start truck driving with. I needed time off, I would go back if I want to go over the road again. Everyone was great, I can not complain
May 17, 2018

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us your feedback. Thanks for being part of Team Roehl!

Great Employer
Truck Driver (OTR) (Current Employee) –  Conley, GAMay 15, 2018
Love working with this company. The opportunities for advancement in the field are there. Sometimes it can be a bit stressful, but that comes with the territory working as a truck driver.
May 17, 2018

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us your review! Glad to hear you love working with us!

a good company a bad truck
Commerical Driver (Former Employee) –  Marshfield, WIMay 3, 2018
my experience at reohl was very satisfactory. i strted on texas regional which was a breeze. everyone was very helpful our dispatchers were always good about getting us loads and miles and never went home late once. after leasing to roehl which as my first lease experience i enjoyed a lot of freedom that few truckers enjoy. choosing my own loads to a large degree and they kept me moving. alas the older truck i leased was a gamble ended up giving it up after 5k of maintenance. before it could really sink me. which i still feel was the right decision. but i still will always have a warm place in my heart for roehl i dont think they had anything to do with the truck being a lemon just luck of the draw. older trucks can be a crapshoot.
Pros
very driver hometime oriented
Cons
goes to chicago alot... but the food is great.
May 17, 2018

We appreciate you sharing your comments! Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback.

Shops at the major terminals are usually pretty quick.
OTR Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Marshfield WIApril 5, 2018
Nice Terminals with friendly staff. Always kept clean. Roehl has many drop yards in the midwest and northeast allowing for alot of drop and hook loads.
Great place for a professional driver
Professional Driver (Current Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIApril 2, 2018
I knew Roehl was great as a starter company but they have great dedicated jobs! I get consistent miles and know when I'm going to be home which allows me to plan with my family. They call us teammates and they treat us drivers as equals. I love it here and plan to retire here.
Pros
Great pay and home time
Cons
Very fast paced
It was a very nice place to work with very nice people to help guide you through all questions and concerns about driving over the road
Commercial Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Marshfield, WIMarch 29, 2018
Enjoyed working there because many people out when there was an issue Or situation that arose they were very kind and concerned about the well-being of their drivers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Roehl Transport. Our community is ready to answer.