Roehl Transport Employee Reviews

Overall experience
Driving Instructor (Current Employee) –  Neenah, WIMarch 17, 2019
The overall experience at Roehl Transport is above average for the trucking industry. Roehl does focus on Safety more then anything else and will support a safe decision.
Trailer Technician (Former Employee) –  Neenah, WIMarch 17, 2019
Great place to work. Great people, great managment. Did same thing everyday and needed some diversity. Over all it was a great atmosphere to work and had a great rotation.
Dynamic, Challenging, and Rewarding Work!
Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Marshfield, WIMarch 17, 2019
I have been with Roehl for over a decade. When I joined the company I knew nothing about transportation. Through an exceptional training and onboarding experience I was able to get up to speed quickly and able to be successful in my job. Roehl has continued to provide me with training and development opportunities which has helped me to continue to grow and advance professionally. Transportation is an incredibly dynamic, challenging, and rewarding industry to be a part of and Roehl has done a great job of building and nurturing a culture of collaboration that facilitates success.

I’m proud to be on this team and I highly encourage you to explore the opportunities at Roehl.
Pros
Exciting Industry - Collaborative Culture - Continued Training & Developmet
Cons
PTO benefits could be better.
Good starter out job not so much for experienced drivers
Driver (Former Employee) –  Marshfield, WIMarch 13, 2019
Good fm.inside camera and micromanaging and a whole lot of rules when you just want to work hard and drive your truck be sure to buckle up fallowing another truck to close even climbing
Pros
Home for 34
Cons
Home for 34
Competitive but Family Oriented
CLASS A DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Forest Park, GAMarch 10, 2019
Roehl was an incredible company to work. They take care of their employees and the employee's families. Roehl follows all guidelines for drivers and keeps an eye on their employees to make sure the employees are ok and doing work safely and efficiently.
Benefits
Cons
TIme away from family
March 11, 2019

Thanks so much for sharing your great review. We truly appreciate the positive feedback!

Company that runs its drivers to death
Class A CDL Driver OTR (Former Employee) –  Marshfield, WIMarch 4, 2019
Worked for this company for 10 months and seen my family 3 times during that period, they claim to have drivers home every 10 to 14 days but claim there are never runs to your home area when you want to go.The only time i was able to get home with this company was to threaten them with quitting.
Pros
plenty of miles
Cons
no home times
March 6, 2019

I want to be sure you actually drove for Roehl because what you describe simply does not make sense. First, the longest any driver needs to stay out in our National Fleets is 11-14 days, after which you’d be home 3 days. Drivers can stay out longer if they prefer – that’s a choice we offer as a part of industry-leading home time options. If you live in Marshfield (as your review suggests), you had your choice of some of the fleets with the absolute best home time in our company – from local home daily jobs (many options to choose from), to part time trucking driving jobs (up to half the year off) to home weekly regional fleets, to the aforementioned National Fleets with flexible home time. We regularly promote these fleets and you can see them all on our website. https://www.roehl.jobs/truck-driver-jobs/wisconsin/marshfield

Great management and company overall
Driver-flatbed OTR (Current Employee) –  Conway, ARFebruary 27, 2019
Let’s see here I got my cdl threw Roehl around May of 2018 and went solo around July of 2018 and I have been here every since. I don’t really have any complaints at the moment so far so good. The money is decent I do expect a little more within my year mark been here almost 8 months now. But other than that great mangement and co workers everyone is always willing to lend a helping hand and that goes a long way with me. I mean I see a lot of reviews on here of people complaining about pay and home time well with any company it’s one or the other kinda hard to have both. But me I’m here for the money so it works out great I stay out 3-5 weeks at a time. And I love it trucks run 65 mph and have inverters in the newer models I mean I was lucky enough to get a 2019 international lt which I was not expecting to get and I think that says a lot about the company give a guy with zero experience a $100k truck and turn them lose me personally if it were my company I wouldn’t but hey I’m very thankful to have a reliable rig. So that itself is two thumbs up for me. My FM and I get along well and she keeps me rolling which keeps the checks rolling in. Also I’m not a needy person so I rarely hear from her so time to time she will call just to see how things are going just Bc she has not heard from me. Yes they do have cameras in the trucks but I don’t mind it I could have my rear facing camera deactivated but I don’t do to the fact if something happens everyone can see what I was do which is always the right thing when I’m behind that wheel so I look at it as a cover your butt as the driver  more... and cover the company’s butt if something goes down. Once I end my shift I pull the curtains and have my own privacy so camera is not a big deal if your doing things the Roehl Way. The only time it activates is for following distance and hard brakes and things like that but if you don’t do those things no big deal. Home time when I say I’m ready to go home they get me there never late always the date I requested or a day or two earlier so another thumbs up. Far as running goes I mean come on that’s what we are is drivers so if the wheels ain’t turning then you nor the company is making money so once agin they keep me rolling so another thumbs up. Never had any issues claiming my layover or detention pay always receive it on my checks long as you follow the steps they will make sure it paid to you make sure you are on time and start claiming after two hours if you haven’t been loaded or unloaded. Ok may sound like a fairy tell but all this is based on opinions and experiences so to sum this all up if you do what is expected of you and bust your butt you will reap the benefits simple as that. Im proud to be a part of Team Roehl and call it my second home. But don’t base your decisions off others see for yourself just like any other company some may love some will hate you just can’t satisfy all.  less
Pros
New equipment, great mangement, great miles, will get you home on time
Cons
Pay could be better but I am fairly still new and don’t expect the best money right away
March 1, 2019

Thank you so much for this stellar review! We love reading about your journey with us so far and we are so proud to have you as part of TeamRoehl!

This company plays games and is unethical
Regional driver/Kraft dedicated (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 27, 2019
As a trainer, as soon as you get your first decent raise they cut your loads/miles and don't keep students in your truck if you are a trainer. They take safe miles away from you for incidents that were not your fault. They do everything in their power to prolong your time commitment with them after they put you through CDL school. They know darn well nobody wants to stay with them after their contract commitment so towards the end they drag it out so that it takes longer to fulfill your mileage commitment. The unethical things they do with people's pay is ridiculous. The left hand does not know what the right hand is doing with this company. Nobody is on the same page and nobody communicates. Don't get excited about getting a raise because as soon as you do they cut your miles and if you are a trainer they don't keep a student in your truck because they don't wanna have to pay you the extra for it. Their CDL training is a joke, they don't teach drivers the basics such as route planning. They don't care about putting skilled drivers on the road and they don't care about driver safety.
Starts out real good
Truck Driver (OTR) (Current Employee) –  Marshfield, WIFebruary 24, 2019
Place starts out really good but after awhile you will notice the higher you are on the payscale the more you will sit and the more places and docks they know you will sit you will get sent to, and my personal favorite loading you up with juicy looking preplans while your home to entice you to return to work and then having them all pulled before you get to first shipper. And why not you are the expensive freight after all they do not care if they lose a driver with a perfect performance and safety record over the past 7 years (just over 4 with Roehl) if they can give a load to a driver making .456 cents less than you, you leaving just opens up more room for another rookie.

It’s a job that pays a decent yearly wage but when you just factor in how much time you invest into it is complete garbage that’s a industry problem though getting payed piece work to be completely controlled in all parts of the job from shipper to receiver by hourly employees that don’t care how long you sit there and as for dentention pat I put in last year for about $500 worth of it and got $20. Everytime I was not late I followed all proper procedures everything from writing the time on the bill of lading to letting fleet management know about it to sending the message before mt call to writing in on the trip sheet , $20 well I’ll be you $20 Roehl still got their pay from all those customers and just pocketed my tiny share of it.

Another situation was late to Maine’s paper and food service after masters gallery foods took 7 hours to get me loaded, got charged late fee 100$ no big deal
  more... I’ll call it in got forwarded to payroll and they sent me the funds, turns out they billed it as a advance and charged me 5$ that I still have not gotten back after complaining about it seriously late due to shipper being slow and I get punished twice for it cause yeah got no detention pay for that shipper ether.

Other complaints here are being sent often a day late to shippers and dispatch just says “well I show a 1500 appt today I’ll shoot off a email”. Then only get back sorry buddy we have to wait for the load and then waits for load for 5 hours and of course no dentention pay. This type of situation happens all the time if not everyday in fact.

Also if you plan to work here know how to cover your back ,if something happens even if you didn’t realize something happened you better have all the right answers or else it’s 100% your fault. My favorite is getting blamed for problems on a drop trailer pickup , if you hook to trailer in the system and then do pretrip on it you are now at fault for any problems that come up. Even though you are supposed to log it as you do it, well tell me Roehl how do you pretrip every component of a trailer without hooking to it you can’t test the brakes, you really should not even air up the trailer without being hooked to it even. If something comes up while you are driving flat tire or air leaks etc it is not to chance that things just happen while driving usually it is 100% your fault for lack of effective pretrip and if you try to explain you did do a effective pretrip they will insist you did not, they were not there nor have they ever been there for you.

Should I keep writing this book. I used to be happy here and never been one to be picky but guys 9/10 drivers I talk to here are looking for another job. Which is another thing if you are looking for work and someone calls Roehl’s HR for employment verification they let your fleet manager know about it and they give you a call about it. Like seriously if a driver wants to leave let him leave in peace and you wonder why you got guys dumping trucks off in the middle of nowhere. They’ve had it with all your micromanagement most of us are not mad about the cameras but mad about how we get judged for 30 seconds of a situation thru a fisheye lens that never shows the good we do often it’s just triggering in traffic going around us and y’all call and ask us do we remember this situation. Really oh sure let me remember that one truck of millions that drove past me that day

I fully expect a comment below this explaining how wrong I am and that they do none of these practices posted by someone at a desk still willing to drink the kool aid to save face for a company that went from being great to being no better than swift, prime, or even CR England. I can even tell in the voices of some of the veteran dispatchers that things are just not going right anymore.
Pros
Same pros as every other trucking company nothing special here anymore.
Cons
See book.
Okay for a filler job
FLEET MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 17, 2019
Not many benefits at all. 10-12 hour days, no over time. PTO is below industry standard. No work from home opportunities. EXTREME Micromanaging. Horrible expectations from various departments of the company.
Pros
Starting pay
Cons
Hours, no overtime, regulated lunch breaks, micromanaging
stepping off point
OTR driver (Former Employee) –  Marshfield, WIFebruary 15, 2019
good starting point for an over the road driving career, great mileage to start but as you advance in mileage/pay your miles drop and your idle time increases.
February 19, 2019

Thanks for sharing your feedback. Our experienced drivers average $1,250 per week while our top earners can make $1,400+ per week. Roehl is consistently recognized as a “Top Pay Certified” carrier by the National Transportation Institute, placing us in the top 10% of trucking companies. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us and hope this clears up any misconception about the earning potential of our experienced drivers.

Terrible Company
Driver (Former Employee) –  Marshfield, WIFebruary 7, 2019
At first Roehl seems genuinely concerned about its employees BUT then you find the truth out the hard way . They lie. They manipulate. It’s all about the bottom line.
Pros
Ok equipment
Cons
Liars
February 13, 2019

If you have specific examples of someone from Roehl being dishonest with you, please contact our Employee Relations Manager so we can address it. Our company is built on values, and Honesty is literally on our Wall of Values. So is Driver Success. These are not mutually exclusive values, and neither is paying attention to the bottom line. In fact, Roehl’s been in business since 1962 and we’re one of the safest, most successful trucking companies in North America. Again, I encourage you to contact us with your specific details.

Best starter company
Driver (Former Employee) –  Marshfield, WIJanuary 30, 2019
I have not driven for many companies, but I can attest after seeing others that Roehl Transport is one of the best if not the best company for new drivers starting out. It isn't a bad company for experience ones either. They really do give you more pay and more home time than any other company. Those few that have negitive comments about this company, after listening to them, I can tell the problem was not with Roehl but with the driver.
Pros
They take care of you
Cons
Like all OTR you are away from home a lot
January 31, 2019

Thank you for such wonderful feedback! We really appreciate you taking the time to leave us your review.

oriontation was a disaster
Truck Driver (OTR) (Former Employee) –  midwest part of countryJanuary 17, 2019
no truthful about pay to many after the fact issues .bonus offer not inclusive. if you work out of gary teminal move you car around the parking lot or they will tow it.
Pros
non
Cons
liars
Same as other big companies
Company Driver - Solo - OTR (Current Employee) –  OtrJanuary 12, 2019
Most unfriendly drivers. I was at yard and stuck due to snow. Two roehl drivers parked right beside me couldn't even offer to give a tug to get me unstuck. Most I met are this way. I was sent by dispatch to pick up an empty trailer in a snowstorm. Couldn't find a loaded relay trailer . Obviously not concerned about drivers safety. Yard shared by Werner, swift, and roehl yet none of the companies bothered to pay to have the yard plowed but can hire security officer so no theft. At least have the yard plowed after a foot of snow has fell to help the drivers out. Roehl tarps 99 percent of loads. Sometime you tarp a load just to relay to another driver who gets the miles.
Pros
Keeps you busy
Cons
You tarp just to relay load for another driver to have miles
Roehl Review Summary
Pricing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Marshfield, WIJanuary 5, 2019
Working for Roehl was a great opportunity starting out of college.
Employees are very personable flexible and easy going. The hardest part about the job was the amount of work that was placed on each individual. It definetly felt like more people could be hired due to the extensiveness of each task. Limited ability to work yourself up the ladder
Pros
Great People and work environment
Cons
Too many meetings and lack of understanding about an individuals position
January 7, 2019

Thanks for taking a moment to leave us your feedback! We are glad to hear you enjoyed the work environment and the people you worked with! We appreciate your opinion on what we can improve upon as well. Thanks for your input!

Run Run Run
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  WisconsinJanuary 4, 2019
These people are liars. They do not disclose very important information. Will have you confused and without work. My advice is to have options in place just in case it doesn't work out.
Pros
Paid training (which is a joke)
Cons
The lies
January 8, 2019

Your review has no tangible details so it’s tough to understand what issues you faced. What is known is that Roehl has a track record of almost 60 years and we were the first major carrier to offer paid on-the-job CDL training. In fact, Roehl’s been training new drivers for almost 30 years, and our drivers are leaders in safety, productivity and earnings. Additionally, Roehl’s value of Driver Success guides our behaviors - we provide the tools and support to help our driving teammates achieve their personal and professional goals. If you have not already done so, I strongly encourage you to contact our employee relations about the lies you reference. Honesty and integrity are also on our Wall of Values, and just like safety and driver success, those values inform how we do business.

Not a good choice for East coast regional at the moment
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  NHDecember 19, 2018
Good company if you live in the region. I worked in the East coast fleet and there really weren't any incentives to stay. I wasn't willing to relocate because I personally don't think they were worth it. I was referred by a friend who lives around one of the main hubs and was a local driver so his experience was completely different from mines.
negative very discrimatory
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Marshfield, WIDecember 13, 2018
do not go and work for Roehl transport. they have cameras the see your personal life and blame you for everything. fleet mamager calls the entire time while your driving always changes routes,steals your Pay Like C.R England and then they fire you before you notice thats "RAIL" Transport
Pros
non
Cons
stressful, governed at 60mph
Great company to begin carer in the transportation industry
Fleet Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Conley, GADecember 5, 2018
There are loads of classes provided to all personnel. There are tools in place to hone your skills such as DriveCams in most trucks as well as professional trainers at most terminals. Roehl's safety practices often exceed Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration requirements. Safety is first and foremost a value throughout the company.
Pros
Great training
Cons
Emphasis on safety can be annoying to highly experienced personnel
December 6, 2018

Thank you for taking time to leave us a review. Your feedback is important to us!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Roehl Transport. Our community is ready to answer.