Roeslein & Associates Employee Reviews

It was a great place to work
Electrical CAD Drafter Intern (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 14, 2018
Always felt appreciated and guided, would definitely recommend the company to those looking to work in the engineering field. Travel for younger engineers is a definite plus.
just another job
Assembler,paint prepper, (Current Employee) –  Redbud, ILJune 6, 2018
they tell you things you wanna hear,only to not follow through with it at all. They dont do a cost of living raise just a yearly. the most enjoyable day at this job is going home at the end of the day. also the people who work on the floor
Cons
the lies they tell you
No reward for hard work, get thrown under the bus at every turn
Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 13, 2018
If your not part of the management click, or one of the owners pets or relatives, there is little chance for advancement. You can work your tail end off, do 30 jobs you weren't hired for, get several letters of commendation, and get let go because someone at or above your level just doesn't like you, and will throw you under the bus. The excuse might be something like "you just don't seem to understand the way we do business.
Probably a good place for a year or two, or to get your feet wet, but don't look for long term security here.
Pros
Travel, decent pay
Cons
As said in another review, militant management team, lots of backstabbing
Job Culture is horrible
Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 23, 2018
Being an African american while working for Roeslein & Associates was stressful on a daily basis. Some of the employees were nice but others not so much. They were rude & disrespectful at times. The job culture was horrible which made the work environment stressful. I would not recommend working there for a person of color, specifically an African american.
Productive and competitive company
Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Crestwood, MOJanuary 18, 2018
My time with Roeslein & Associates was spent working on many projects for automation integration and data management integration. So the projects comes in fast and furious. This sometimes required extra time to complete projects before travelling internationally. This is part of what makes Roeslein so competitive in the can manufacturing industry.

Even though the work was intense at times, the culture and the people was top notch. I enjoyed both my co-workers and management. So managers were pretty heavy micro-managers, but my personal boss was rather laid back and allowed us to complete tasks at our own pace. This is with understanding that the work needed to be done quickly.

In order to operate efficiently, I was taught a number of skills and was given time to complete them at a reasonable period. While on the job site, the department provided a mentor to help with the integration process.

All in all, the time I spent with Roeslein has been a very rewarding experience.
Management could use some work
Electrician (Current Employee) –  Red Bud, ILOctober 8, 2017
Pay could be higher for the skilled positions (i.e. electricians, welders), management could do better at managing and shows favoritism towards certain individuals, some days are better than others
Great place to build your resume
Company tool (Current Employee) –  Seventh ringSeptember 14, 2017
Roeslein is a great place to build your resume if you are straight out of school. Most Employees leave after 3-5 years and make 20-30% more when they do. After a certain point advancement is difficult unless you are related to one of the 11 owners in some way or your family is friends with one of them. Lots if travel for most positions.
Pros
Flex time, paid lunch for management and bonus
Cons
Pay, political atmosphere & advancement
young company growing
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 9, 2016
young company becoming larger, management team was well experienced. younger employees had harder time getting the knowledge from older employees
Good company to establish work experience
Panel Electrician (Current Employee) –  Redbud, ILAugust 23, 2016
constantly being watched and graded on your work performance. good place to get work experience and become better at skills. the company is doing great.
Cons
unpaid lunch
Productive and yet laid back environment.
Systems Designer (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 20, 2015
No deadline on what time to be at work, very relaxed and very productive as long as your doing your job efficiently. I have learned very much from other employees and things that they don't teach you in schools. The management is great, they are very supportive of the employees and their families. The hardest part of my job is being away for so long on job sites, I am missing out on family time. I spend nearly 120-150 days on the road both overseas and domestic. Most enjoyable parts are coming in to the office and seeing all the employees and I work with, as well as traveling and seeing my foreign friends that i have met along the way.
Pros
1 Hour lunches
Cons
Traveling a lot
Large Company with small company closeness
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 20, 2015
A fantastic company with unlimited growth potential. They have a work hard and take care of each other mentality and express this in their core values.
International travel
Lead Electrical Engineer (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 6, 2013
Interesting travel sites for work, but high pressure. Short deadlines, and not much engineering but more duplicating cookie cutter can lines.
Pros
site seeing while on international assignments
Cons
management very militant
Good place to work and good people.
Designer (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 30, 2013
-Designed unitized steel structures for beverage can manufacturing assembly line layouts.
-Designed P&IDs for piping layouts and can lines.
-Updated engineering drawings per change requests.
-Worked on-site with contractors to install and update can manufacturing facilities.
Pros
good pay and good people
Cons
over 50% travel

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Roeslein & Associates. Our community is ready to answer.

Roeslein & Associates Reviews by Location