Rogers Corporation Employee Reviews in Rogers, CT

Ok
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rogers, CTDecember 15, 2018
It's OK if you work under the right manager. Always seems to be some threat to the job stability. Once, it was sequential lay-offs, now is possible move out of CT.
Pros
Clean and safe
Cons
Always wondering when the shoe is about to drop.
Great Pay Great Environment
Casting Associate (Former Employee) –  Rogers, CTFebruary 26, 2018
My immediate supervisor was the best supervisor I have ever had. The salary was generous and the working conditions were great. The only real issue I had was with a co-worker.
Pros
Salary, benefits
Cons
poor work/home life balance
Great work, great culture
Director, Global IT Infrastructure & Operations (Former Employee) –  Rogers, CTFebruary 7, 2018
Fantastic company! Great people. Great leadership. Great employees.

Rogers is a very fair, fun place to work. The people there are very dedicated and everyone works hard and pulls their own weight.

Would go back there in a heartbeat.
Project Consultant
PROJECT CONSULTANT (PART TIME) (Former Employee) –  Rogers, CTDecember 28, 2017
Really interesting company with a lot of intriguing products that well known. Growing company with great management already in place. Extremely intelligent workforce that works collaboratively.
Nice Place
BENEFITS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Rogers, CTJanuary 10, 2017
Great Place to Work Good Salary and the benefits manager is the best. Lots of long time employees great food. lots of gadgets
Pros
Pizza
Cons
located in middle of nowhere
Previous Work experience at Rogers Corporation
"RogersNET Administrator" (Former Employee) –  Rogers, CTJanuary 29, 2015
After interning at Rogers Corp. for a year and a half or so, I was presented the role of managing, maintaining, and upgrading (including everything in between) the Rogers internal intranet website, deemed "RogersNET", via a formal request by IT management who were eager to have me fill the position. My job duties included supporting daily requests, ranging from small tasks such as updating a webpage, to creating complex & expandable web applications, spanning long timelines, supporting every department in the company. In addition, I was also responsible for transforming any manual "paper" processes that existed in any department, into an online process to make them more efficient and easy to work with / maintain; this was also at the request of any department, but most automation apps originated from Human Resources.

RogersNET ran on a Microsoft SQL database, with ASP.NET & C# driven web pages. Also included were any scripts, ranging from direct ASP plugins, to self-built JavaScript (JS) libraries, and sometimes open source or commercial JavaScript libraries, both utilizing AJAX often times, to help create a better overall user experience. Graphic and layout was all driven by CSS, and a often a combination of JS & CSS

I possess highly developed social skills, fine-tuned via experience from my previous position at Rogers, as well as strong and valuable skill sets that are often rare or difficult to find in most other applicants; some of these skill sets include: being the project manager for the requests coming in from all departments, scheduling meetings to aid users,
  more... to discuss and advise on what solutions can be created to solve their specific business need, and QA & testing large numbers of web applications & processes, just to name a few.

From being in the field and working with many other IT professionals and programmers, I'm confident to in expressing my experience is very well rounded, as most developers & IT professionals in my field of work lack socialization skills, the ability and discipline to work autonomously, follow multiple project timelines while managing each themselves, and having experience of owning and being 100% responsible for a highly visible, company wide and globally scaled IT asset, used by every employee in the company.
Overall a good working environment with options to grow if desired
Process Development Engineer (Current Employee) –  Rogers, CT (various plants)December 30, 2014
Growth opportunities available for driven individuals.

Most management is new to the company (<3 years) and so change came hard and fast. Ultimately, change is good but is not without some pain. Trust within the ranks has suffered due to the cuts and realignments.

Co-workers can be cut-throat. Prior to the new management the company had a 'work together' atmosphere, but now it seems more of an every man for himself attitude.

The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the projects through to scale up, from an idea to full production of a viable product.
Provided opportunities to learn many different manufacturing technniques
Production Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Rogers, CTAugust 4, 2013
Fast paced environment with many opportunities for training and advancement.