Rogers Corporation Employee Reviews for Assembler

3.6Pay & Benefits
Possible Permanent Position but Beware!
Assembler I (Former Employee) –  100 S. Roosevelt Ave, Chandler, AZ 85226.November 20, 2014
TL:DR - There is none. I'm one of those individuals that abhor short "reviews" of companies and of a persons experiences; some reviews provide valuable insight into the company and are the "make it or break it" of a persons decision to work there; especially reviews that resemble something along the lines of:

"Gee Golly, this place sure was fun! It helped me learn and grow and was just THE BEST" yet either has a full 5 stars, or 2-3 stars rating?

Really?

Anyhow....

Greetings career seekers,

This review is intended to inform individuals interested in working at Rogers; I was a temporary contingent worker staffed through Advantage Resourcing for a duration of about 11 months.

The Rogers facility I worked for is located at 100 S. Roosevelt Ave, Chandler, AZ 85226.
As with any other company, the facility was comprised of a multitude of jobs/careers ranging from in-house IT, shipping and receiving and manufacturing to name a few.

I worked in the manufacturing field which at this location is broken up into four, 12-hour shifts referred to as:
A, B, C and D Shift.
(D Shift rewarding the most shift differential, because this was back end night shift; a schedule that was comprised of 6 PM to 6 AM. Thursday - Sat, every other Wednesday, with two 20-minute breaks and one 30-minute lunch)

Of the four shifts, this will be a review of D-Shift as that was my shift.

At the time of my employment, the company policy was that every 3 months a contingent worker that proves themselves worthy in lieu of attendance, performance, attitude etc, will have the opportunity
  more... to be assimilated and converted from temporary worker to official employee.

I worked in the "Copper Sheeter" room, across the hall from the main manufacturing area, as a sheeting operator; a role that involves processing different types of Copper "rolls" (they're pretty heavy, upwards of 500 LBS, but obviously you use a pallet jack and crane to lift) and cutting them utilizing the Sheeter machine to various dimensions and sizes according to Engineering procedure and specification.

At the time of my employment, this particular area required two-man teams unlike the main manufacturing area, which houses multiple people at any given time. If you got along with your fellow coworker (and I did, he was the best) then this was one of the best areas to work in for numerous reasons, but mainly because it insulated/isolated you from the work drama/politics.... which, if you're not careful, will lead to your termination from the company. Unfortunately, certain unsavory operators have enough pull and sway to make this happen. You've been warned.

However, not all the operators were bad; there were several excellent workers there of like mind that became my friends that I still communicate with... but they were very few and far between.

I absolutely loved my job, my area, and my responsibilities; this had been one of the best positions I had in a very long time. I enjoyed the workload and the schedule. Everything having to do with my actual responsibilities....

Unfortunately, the biggest downside was, you guessed it, the management... specifically the new Lead that started there sometime in July.
I've had pretty terrible Leads/Supervisors etc before but this one receives an award for all-time worse lead. To their credit, this person was more responsible and to a degree, was able to accomplish more than the Lead that came before; you could come to the Lead and they would investigate what you needed, and get it done....
However, the Lead often delegated their own responsibilities unto you, was quite temperamental and VERY passive aggressive and two-faced.

I would also beware of the Supervisor as well. I made the mistake in confining in the Supervisor, who I believed at the time to be a funny, phenomenal, kind, person... and yet after discussing with said person in private about the Lead, I was marked as a "troublemaker" and ultimately relieved of my duties sometime later.

More than likely, you'll start in the manufacturing area as a temporary worker. Please be very careful with what you say, do and ultimately how much you open up, especially to certain individuals. You can be relieved of your position and employment very easily; a reason doesn't have to be given and all it takes is a phone call to the temp agency.

Good luck!
Pros
12-Hour Schedule, The Area I Worked In, -Some- of the coworkers
Cons
-Some- of the coworkers, Lead, Supervisor