Rogers Corporation Employee Reviews

Terrible place to work Bear De.
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Bear, DEMay 10, 2017
Stay away from this company . This place is real clicky if you don't fit in there clic they will throw you under the bus until you are fired. Worst company I've ever worked for.I personally ended up on anxiety meds from this place. I was made to work unsafely didn't matter to the company. So much more can be said but to sum it up don't even apply here save you sanity and find a better place to apply too.
Pros
Benefits first day
Cons
Back stabbing, bad management., Can't take off to use your medical benefits., Unsafe working conditions.
Fun coworkers, Bad Management
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZApril 26, 2017
No communication whatsoever, you find everything out from a co-worker, benefits aren't really good, they took away all the employees incentive pay and expect the workers to live off what they pay he/she weekly with limited OT, and they have picks amongst employers ex. One can get away with one thing, but if another goes in for the same thing he/she gets written up or terminated and they don't do anything for there employees to let them know they're appreciated... at all, and nothing is confidential
Pros
co-workers
Cons
out of touch managment and Hr
Integrity is foreign to this company.
Operator? (Former Employee) –  Bear, DEApril 23, 2017
The HR department is unreliable. Expect to work a different shift and position than the one you discussed in your interview and then don't expect anyone in HR to admit or care about it. I guess they think the people they hire are so desperate they'll take anything.
The employees are friendly and helpful, but it ends there. You'll work 6 days a week, some 10-12 hour days with little notice.
I would pass on Rogers Corporation. You want a company to at least pretend to value your work.
Pros
Helpful, Friendly Co-workers
Cons
Hr, Management, Frequent Mandatory Overtime
Laid back, but productive place to work
Caster helper, assistant operator (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, CTApril 21, 2017
One of the better jobs ive had.. its pretty laid back as long as your machine is running.. overtime is pretty good. From my experience they are pretty family oriented. Pay and benefits are excellent. Union shop. Its overall a pretty good place.
Pros
Breaks, pay, benefits, people
Productive and fun workplace with ping-pong table
Sr. Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  Carol Stream, ILMarch 8, 2017
They have a very friendly culture and they strive to hire people who work well in groups. There are always a lot of processing challenges and problems, so that keeps the job very challenging but also very busy.
Pros
Clean, safe workplace, very good benefits.
Cons
Very flat structure- no advancement opportunities
Machine Operator I (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, CTMarch 7, 2017
Union company, new CEO has made conditions less than satisfactory good atmosphere laid back three shifts with differential company incentives for attending meetings
Horrible Management/ Supervisors
Manufacturing Attendant (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, CTJanuary 24, 2017
Worked there 5 years of which 3 of them weren't bad but my last 2 years were horrible!!! Was being harassed and threatened by another employee so I stood up for myself and had a confrontation with the employee and all the union and management did was send me to anger management claiming it was all my fault. Had my tires popped and my car keyed and nothing was fixed. Honestly should have sued the company. So my advice to you stay away from this place the $$$ isn't worth the harassment you will receive!!!
Pros
3 breaks
Cons
Union is terrible and they dont back you.
Nice Place
BENEFITS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Rogers, CTJanuary 10, 2017
Great Place to Work Good Salary and the benefits manager is the best. Lots of long time employees great food. lots of gadgets
Pros
Pizza
Cons
located in middle of nowhere
N/a
Pure Love Learning Center (Current Employee) –  Riverdale, GANovember 30, 2016
I love the job cause i love the kids. Now this is not that huge cooperation you may think but a loving warm invirment to transition yourself in a great way. This a daycare center.
Pros
Learning something new
No room for advancement
Extruder Operator (Former Employee) –  Bear, DEOctober 22, 2016
Pros
The people you work with is the most positive thing about this place (co-workers)
Cons
everything else
Productive and safe to work.
Engineering assistant (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZAugust 25, 2016
Good job ethics, respect between all co-workers on each level. Safe and clean work enviroment. Training-work- documentation well match.
Pros
good benefits, bonus program.
Cons
lay-offs.
gain experience
Operator (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZFebruary 1, 2016
Can be an easy job. But stressful when lack of help is given or employees dont play as a team. Seems stable but who knows. Pay is ify. But as long as the little people fill the big peoples pocket with bonuses thsts what matters.
Pros
idk yet. gaining more experience
Cons
pay
Highly demanding
Innovator (Chemistry) (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MAOctober 27, 2015
Very challenging and demanding workplace. More emphasis is put on moving through projects than having them become products. There is a large variety in the types of projects. Management is supportive of new comers, but hard on those who have been around a long time. The most enjoyable part is the wide variety of projects and technologies.
Pros
Interesting and challenging projects
Cons
Work life balance
Terrible management
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  WoodstockSeptember 8, 2015
Supervisors there are not trustworthy. I was a supervisor there and was lied about by one of my peers continually and my boss did nothing about it so I quit. Although it is a union shop if you treat the people with respect they will work hard for you. Customer service reps and engineering is great. Just very bad middle management.
Pros
Benefits.
Cons
Middle management
Several changes in managenent recently.
MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Carol Stream, ILAugust 8, 2015
Lack in leadership. Little to no systems training. Non functioning maintenance program and work order system. Understaffed.
better like to kiss butt
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZMay 27, 2015
only way to get any recognition at rogers is to kiss butt and pay for your supervisors lunches and golf games. Employees were fun people with the exception of one who many employees have quit or been fired for "not getting along with".
Pros
easiest production work, mindless job
Cons
management doesn't know how to manage
Previous Work experience at Rogers Corporation
"RogersNET Administrator" (Former Employee) –  Rogers, CTJanuary 29, 2015
After interning at Rogers Corp. for a year and a half or so, I was presented the role of managing, maintaining, and upgrading (including everything in between) the Rogers internal intranet website, deemed "RogersNET", via a formal request by IT management who were eager to have me fill the position. My job duties included supporting daily requests, ranging from small tasks such as updating a webpage, to creating complex & expandable web applications, spanning long timelines, supporting every department in the company. In addition, I was also responsible for transforming any manual "paper" processes that existed in any department, into an online process to make them more efficient and easy to work with / maintain; this was also at the request of any department, but most automation apps originated from Human Resources.

RogersNET ran on a Microsoft SQL database, with ASP.NET & C# driven web pages. Also included were any scripts, ranging from direct ASP plugins, to self-built JavaScript (JS) libraries, and sometimes open source or commercial JavaScript libraries, both utilizing AJAX often times, to help create a better overall user experience. Graphic and layout was all driven by CSS, and a often a combination of JS & CSS

I possess highly developed social skills, fine-tuned via experience from my previous position at Rogers, as well as strong and valuable skill sets that are often rare or difficult to find in most other applicants; some of these skill sets include: being the project manager for the requests coming in from all departments, scheduling meetings to aid users,
  more... to discuss and advise on what solutions can be created to solve their specific business need, and QA & testing large numbers of web applications & processes, just to name a few.

From being in the field and working with many other IT professionals and programmers, I'm confident to in expressing my experience is very well rounded, as most developers & IT professionals in my field of work lack socialization skills, the ability and discipline to work autonomously, follow multiple project timelines while managing each themselves, and having experience of owning and being 100% responsible for a highly visible, company wide and globally scaled IT asset, used by every employee in the company.
Productive and fun workplace
CTO (Former Employee) –  woodstock and RogersJanuary 22, 2015
I performed many jobs here so its difficult to review them all in such a small section. All I can say is that a lot of the jobs change every year with what you may need to do, but not by much.
Great co workers and great work enviorment. Amazing company to work for.
packer (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJanuary 7, 2015
Walked in to work an was greeted every morning Had fun but while still being very productive. learned skills in People soft and Excel. Management was always around and very helpful. Co workers were always so happy to be there and ready to work. Hardest part of the job was the time frame and being on your feet. Most enjoyable part of the job was The enviorment
Overall a good working environment with options to grow if desired
Process Development Engineer (Current Employee) –  Rogers, CT (various plants)December 30, 2014
Growth opportunities available for driven individuals.

Most management is new to the company (<3 years) and so change came hard and fast. Ultimately, change is good but is not without some pain. Trust within the ranks has suffered due to the cuts and realignments.

Co-workers can be cut-throat. Prior to the new management the company had a 'work together' atmosphere, but now it seems more of an every man for himself attitude.

The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the projects through to scale up, from an idea to full production of a viable product.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rogers Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Rogers Corporation.

Powered by Comparably