Rogers Electric Employee Reviews

Great workplace, Great people.
Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Hartsville, SCOctober 23, 2018
Great experience. . I adore tne owners of the company, and they adore me. I learned more about work ethic and loved my work there.
I kept all quarterly accounts payable and accounts receivable made sure all amounts added up correctly with the crew of 25 men.
Its Ok
ELECTRICIAN (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYOctober 15, 2018
This Job is a necessary middle man between a qualified electrician and their progression into a union trained electrician. Not recommended for anyone with experience
excellent
Electrician Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 24, 2018
Rogers electric provides you with every opportunity to advance and starty employees. you want to take care of your family and build long term relationships... this sis the place to do it.
Great company
Safety Manager (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 13, 2018
Great company to work for. Have to work out your own work life balance. Also take the hours when they are available cause it will slow down. Take advantage of that as well.
Pros
Travel lots of hours time off when needed
Cons
Work life balance ...slightly less money than an elect I own should make per hour:
Work came before life
Site Foreman (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 8, 2018
They did not care about personal time or having a life outside of work. Would work a 14 hour overnight shift, get home fall asleep and then be called over and over to go take care of something.
Ok
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Hastings, NEJuly 19, 2018
I loved the job the people were really nice but they require a person who is 5 feet 5 inches tall to move two washers stacked on top of each other, through a door, and then fire them when they get hurt on the job, it makes me never want to work there again
Productive workflow
Lighting Technician (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 12, 2018
It was great i learned a lot about lighting and electrical work. Management was always kind. The hardest part of the job was the long travel times and travel restrictions based upon FDOT regulations of a commercial vehicle.
Great Career
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTJune 7, 2018
It is fast paced job to learn from some amazing coworkers. Please prepare to work long days and take initiative in handling your daily work without any proper training. Please understand the good ole boy system is always going to be run at this location so prepare to work very hard with no excuses for failure
Pros
Great Benefits in the Alpharetta Home Office
Cons
No Benefits in remote offices nationwide
Plenty of work for someone who is willing to travel
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMay 18, 2018
Rogers Electric has been the most pleasant company I've worked for. The wages are not bad, however I was promised a raise before starting a job almost 500 miles away from my house. The raise never came and was a partial reason for my departure. The other reason was simply my desire to find work closer to home so I wouldn't have to travel any more and be closer to the family.
Pros
Lots of work
Cons
A lot of travel
No room for advancement
ELECTRICAL FOREMAN (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaMay 17, 2018
No room for advancement at this company. Workers did not come together as a team. The benefits really could be a whole lot better. Work rain or shine.

Want to know more about Rogers Electric?

Ask a question
Commercial work
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 6, 2018
The jobs I worked on in my area with Rogers Electric all had great communication, planning and great resources. Every foreman I worked for reminded me of good environment
At night is the real MONEY!
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJMarch 16, 2018
Here at Rogers Electric you will have to work at night to make the real money. If your a worker you can bring home more than $900 a week as an apprentice after taxes! Some of your co-workers will expect you to do everything, most will work with you. As long as your comfortable on a sissor lift, there is a lot to be learned here at Rogers Electric.
Pros
Money to be made
Cons
Drive you own car (apprentice)
great company depends on foreman
Commercial Electrician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 11, 2018
Typical commercial construction company. Not a bad company to work for but it all depends on the foreman of the job. Paid for schooling and was willing to work if there was issues outside of work. Major builds of department stores after a few even the difficult ones become cookie cutter.
Pros
paid schooling
Cons
foremen can be bad
Great Company
Lighting Specialist (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 4, 2018
Benefits, freedom to tackle your workload the way you see fit. Never had to work with anyone breathing over my shoulder. Good performance was acknowledged and well rewarded.
Great work
Service Technician - LEAD (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GADecember 26, 2017
Liked working there. Not the same thing everyday. Pace was very much active and was never the same thing twice. Got to work with different folks all the time.
Pros
a lot of over time
Cons
long travel
great work ethic
ELECTRICIAN HELPER (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 25, 2017
great work and staff, environment was balanced, work load was great, challenging mind set everyday with tasks, its great to build something with your hands and when the lights come on its fantastic
Great working environment
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  AlpharettaOctober 3, 2017
Rogers Electric has a really friendly and supportive work environment that provides the opportunities to be part of a successful company. Benefits are plenty with the most important being the emphasis towards work-life balance. The rate of development can be really fast when working efficiently and going the extra mile. Overall, a very positive experience.
Pros
Supportive environment, fair work-life balance
Industrial Electrician (Current Employee) –  Fairmont, WVSeptember 24, 2017
If you like Industrial jobs this is a good place for you. Personally I left the coal mines because I don't believe they will be around much longer. With that said most of the work they do is with or for the coal mines. I just hope they do ok after everything is said and done.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No paid vacation
Good career
Electrician Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 5, 2017
Fun and friendly work environment most of it is all independent and time consuming, everyone is friendly and willing to help out you use many ladders and lifts lots of heavy lifting and hard work
So far so good...
Temp extraordinaire (Current Employee) –  Somewhere in the MidwestAugust 10, 2017
So I have only been on as a temp so far but this seems like a pretty good company. They do seem to work you like a three legged mule but hey I don't really care...they pay well for this area, they pay you full scale to drive (who does that?), They pay you for a hotel, they pay you about $30.00 bucks a day per diem...no complaints from me.

I guess if you have worked other places and driven hundreds of miles for no pay or gas you may have a different opinion. They work you hard but such is life. I think sometimes people will complain if you hang them with a new rope. It could certainly be worse.

All in all I like the people I have worked with. I don't know a lot about the company but I like that they pile more work on you if you can produce. There does not seem to be a lot of "long term" employees. I am not really surprised only because a relentless schedule can take it's toll on anyone. I don't mind working here but I would like to get hired on full time to get a truck, gas card and all the other perks that go with it. I don't care so much about healthcare or other stuff and I don't have much of a social life so working out of town is not too bad.

My goal is to travel and make new friends, see new areas of the country and get paid to stay in a hotel. They seem to offer good choices for hotels so I don't have anything to complain about really. I think it is noteworthy that sometimes the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. When you get too many employees it can be overwhelming to really know which way is up and so people can find something to complain
  more... about. Just put it into perspective. I like the employees I have met so far and like any job there are things that could be better but certainly things could be worse. I cannot complain.  less
Pros
Lots of work, paid drive time, paid hotels, flexible hotel accommodations, family of workers
Cons
Can't think of any...I have definitely worked at much worse places

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rogers Electric. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
1.9

2.2Personal Development

1.5Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight