Rogers Electric Employee Reviews

Productive workflow
Lighting Technician (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 12, 2018
It was great i learned a lot about lighting and electrical work. Management was always kind. The hardest part of the job was the long travel times and travel restrictions based upon FDOT regulations of a commercial vehicle.
Plenty of work for someone who is willing to travel
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMay 18, 2018
Rogers Electric has been the most pleasant company I've worked for. The wages are not bad, however I was promised a raise before starting a job almost 500 miles away from my house. The raise never came and was a partial reason for my departure. The other reason was simply my desire to find work closer to home so I wouldn't have to travel any more and be closer to the family.
Pros
Lots of work
Cons
A lot of travel
No room for advancement
ELECTRICAL FOREMAN (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaMay 17, 2018
No room for advancement at this company. Workers did not come together as a team. The benefits really could be a whole lot better. Work rain or shine.
Commercial work
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 6, 2018
The jobs I worked on in my area with Rogers Electric all had great communication, planning and great resources. Every foreman I worked for reminded me of good environment
At night is the real MONEY!
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJMarch 16, 2018
Here at Rogers Electric you will have to work at night to make the real money. If your a worker you can bring home more than $900 a week as an apprentice after taxes! Some of your co-workers will expect you to do everything, most will work with you. As long as your comfortable on a sissor lift, there is a lot to be learned here at Rogers Electric.
Pros
Money to be made
Cons
Drive you own car (apprentice)
great company depends on foreman
Commercial Electrician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 11, 2018
Typical commercial construction company. Not a bad company to work for but it all depends on the foreman of the job. Paid for schooling and was willing to work if there was issues outside of work. Major builds of department stores after a few even the difficult ones become cookie cutter.
Pros
paid schooling
Cons
foremen can be bad
Great Company
Lighting Specialist (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 4, 2018
Benefits, freedom to tackle your workload the way you see fit. Never had to work with anyone breathing over my shoulder. Good performance was acknowledged and well rewarded.
Great work
Service Technician - LEAD (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GADecember 26, 2017
Liked working there. Not the same thing everyday. Pace was very much active and was never the same thing twice. Got to work with different folks all the time.
Pros
a lot of over time
Cons
long travel
great work ethic
ELECTRICIAN HELPER (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 25, 2017
great work and staff, environment was balanced, work load was great, challenging mind set everyday with tasks, its great to build something with your hands and when the lights come on its fantastic
Great working environment
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  AlpharettaOctober 3, 2017
Rogers Electric has a really friendly and supportive work environment that provides the opportunities to be part of a successful company. Benefits are plenty with the most important being the emphasis towards work-life balance. The rate of development can be really fast when working efficiently and going the extra mile. Overall, a very positive experience.
Pros
Supportive environment, fair work-life balance
Industrial Electrician (Current Employee) –  Fairmont, WVSeptember 24, 2017
If you like Industrial jobs this is a good place for you. Personally I left the coal mines because I don't believe they will be around much longer. With that said most of the work they do is with or for the coal mines. I just hope they do ok after everything is said and done.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No paid vacation
Good career
Electrician Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 5, 2017
Fun and friendly work environment most of it is all independent and time consuming, everyone is friendly and willing to help out you use many ladders and lifts lots of heavy lifting and hard work
So far so good...
Temp extraordinaire (Current Employee) –  Somewhere in the MidwestAugust 10, 2017
So I have only been on as a temp so far but this seems like a pretty good company. They do seem to work you like a three legged mule but hey I don't really care...they pay well for this area, they pay you full scale to drive (who does that?), They pay you for a hotel, they pay you about $30.00 bucks a day per diem...no complaints from me.

I guess if you have worked other places and driven hundreds of miles for no pay or gas you may have a different opinion. They work you hard but such is life. I think sometimes people will complain if you hang them with a new rope. It could certainly be worse.

All in all I like the people I have worked with. I don't know a lot about the company but I like that they pile more work on you if you can produce. There does not seem to be a lot of "long term" employees. I am not really surprised only because a relentless schedule can take it's toll on anyone. I don't mind working here but I would like to get hired on full time to get a truck, gas card and all the other perks that go with it. I don't care so much about healthcare or other stuff and I don't have much of a social life so working out of town is not too bad.

My goal is to travel and make new friends, see new areas of the country and get paid to stay in a hotel. They seem to offer good choices for hotels so I don't have anything to complain about really. I think it is noteworthy that sometimes the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. When you get too many employees it can be overwhelming to really know which way is up and so people can find something to complain
  more... about. Just put it into perspective. I like the employees I have met so far and like any job there are things that could be better but certainly things could be worse. I cannot complain.  less
Pros
Lots of work, paid drive time, paid hotels, flexible hotel accommodations, family of workers
Cons
Can't think of any...I have definitely worked at much worse places
Overall Great Place To Work
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAAugust 3, 2017
I have been working with Rogers Electric for a few years now, its a great company. They continue to grow and expand new was to provide a great work place. Very family friendly and they do not micro manage. If you work hard and take innovative you will succeed here.
Pros
Early day on Friday's, Gym on site, great work life balance, team work, paid time off and holidays, decent benefits
Cons
poor communication from upper management, No sick days, corp office cant decide when to use PTO, must be used until exhausted
Nice and Ok
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJuly 26, 2017
It was a nice place to work but don't give pay raises to often they stress you out and you will be going behind people that don't want to work hard to get answers when on the job.
Pros
Work at your pace
Cons
No understanding
ok
Electrician Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 7, 2017
Guys running the show dont know much and are terrible to the temps that prove to know more than them at times but there are a few good foreman's ive worked with in the past
Good job
Electrician (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaJuly 6, 2017
Alwaywork to do this is a good company to work for if you like to travel away from home. Ok pay ok per den get you a room if you travel nice hours if you what
this is a horibile job
Helper (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaJune 8, 2017
You never where you gonna be working the next day. It's barely any communication between management and workers, it's long hours and not enough pay for the work at hand.
Solid Company, but can get stressful
Commercial Electrician (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMay 10, 2017
Rogers was a great place to work. Very flexible, but can be demanding at times. It was nothing to have to put over 12 hours in as needed. Your managers and dispatchers will work with you every step of the way if you get in over your head. You're given a vechicle, gas card, company credit card, lodging care, tablet, and iPhone. A lot of times you are driving most of the day which can cut into your work time. The biggest knock would be going from days to overnights and back to days, but if you're tired, let your dispatcher know and they have no problem letting you get rest time. You're paid for your travel after 30 minutes to and from the job site. The only other knock I had was the conference calls, which are easily missed if you're driving and sleeping from working an overnight. I had never worked in commercial and they have no problems putting you with someone until you're comfortable, just be honest with them.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
on call, conference calls, some very long shifts.
Great Expectations, Low end results
Electrical Technician Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAApril 11, 2017
A great Company to work for, unfortunately the left hand of the home office does not understand what the right hand of the home office does or how they do it. In, short, I was brought in at a rate of pay that made me too expensive to put on a job site due to budget plans. I was therefore let go due to unemployability. I wish I could have stayed with the Company because I had a blast. The culture was second to none. I learned alot in the short time I was with the Company
Pros
learning and culture
Cons
incompetence of admin aspect of Home Office

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rogers Electric. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
1.9

2.2Personal Development

1.5Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight