Rogers Jewelers Employee Reviews

Working at Rogers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXMarch 20, 2018
Opening store helping guest with repairs and new items. As well as back office work and reviewing video feed for the store. Doing bank deposits setting up cases as well as cleaning items for guest. Taking payments with card reader and cash as well as checks. The hardest part of the job would be cold calls that where made every day. The most enjoyable part would have been meeting new people and creating a new piece for them.
Pros
Great pay as well as great coworkers.
Cons
Long hours when people didn't show for work or quite with letting you know in advance.
Work summery
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Lindale Mall Cedar Rapids,IowaFebruary 15, 2018
All customer related duties . Sales, credit applications, repair tickets,problum solving. Building faith with cutomers at Rogers. Security is paramount ! Treat all customers as if they were a guest in your home.
Pros
Nice work enviroment.
Cons
Working in a loud mall.
was good while it lasted
3rd Key holder, Full Time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVJanuary 13, 2018
I worked there 5 years and the last year the manager began embezzling money and jewelry and when an inventory was completed and 180,000$ was missing the company came in and terminated all the associates. the assistant manager and I were not involved in the activities and we sued them and on but because of it I could no longer get a jewelry job and that's all I knew. But of all the jewelry jobs I've had it as the best
Pros
fun not stressful
Cons
fired without cause
Average workplace
Key Holder - Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDNovember 3, 2017
Slow paced mall job with ability to advance. It wasn't my kind of thing. Learning about Jewelry is pretty interesting, scientifically intriguing but the job itself is draining due to the pace of the mall currently. It is hard to make money if no one is buying.
Typical day at Rogers Jewelers
Team leader/ Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Kenwood, OHOctober 24, 2017
A typical day at work is reading the daily planner and making sure I'm staying organized with day to day protocol. Opening the store and making sure the office and inventory is correct. Matching a customer with their ideal product, satisfying their wants and needs with our company, while ensuring that I'm on track with my standards that need to be met for that month/ year.
Pros
Health benefits, Paid vacation
Cons
Poor Scheduling options`
Great Job
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYAugust 23, 2017
I worked for Rogers Jewelers for a few years. The people where like family, I don't feel I progressed as I should have through the company though and was passed for promotions.
Pros
Team
Cons
Advancement
Sales Consultant, Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXJuly 24, 2017
This store had a difficult time keeping employees. Many times it was down to one or two employees working open to close, 7 days a week. The one positive thing I can say about this experience is that it taught me a lot about sales, jewelry, and management.
Out of Business
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYJune 20, 2017
I'm not sure if there are any Rogers Jewelers still open. The one I was working out went out of business. It was a good place to work with quality jewelry.
Pros
Fun job
Cons
Quotas
Great Family based company
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INJune 5, 2017
Wonderful place to work if you are a single parent! Very flexible with your schedule ! Great people to work with! Treat employees and customers like family!!!
Pros
flexible
Cons
benefits are costly
Rogers Jewelers
Closed sales deals (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMay 6, 2017
I worked at the Dayton location. Days were extremely long and slow. Management was great, but she left and was replaced. Employees were not the greatest and were lazy. Overall the business is based off your fellow employees. If you have a good group of people it can be enjoyable.
Retail establishment with amazing customer service!
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYMarch 15, 2017
Very busy establishment!
Wide range of opportunities for retail clothing buyers who are interested in anything from high end quality to the promotional sports items produced for a special occasion.
Family built and owned.....wonderful family to work with.
fe
Seasonal Jewelry Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYDecember 13, 2016
I think it unfair that I am required to write this so I am going to protest here and test how good your machine learning/data parsing technology by seeing if it is able to pick up on the fact that what I wrote has nothing to do with Jobspring.
Not for me
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYDecember 8, 2016
Not a horrible place to work, but not a great place either. The regional manager does the hiring and is misleading about the actual commission you're able to make in slower stores. Training was minimal, and as a company quite unorganized. Also, very slow.
Pros
Easy
Cons
No breaks. Misleading in what you actually can make in commission. Slow business. Unorganized.
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 2, 2016
The hardest part of the job is getting the daily credit apps and reaching the monthly goals. Also having to be tastefully aggressive and trying to persuade customers to spend thousands of dollars.
Pros
great with scheduling
Cons
short breaks, too much freedom among staff
This small jewelry company is doing a good job changing the retail culture to attract more professional employees.
Salesperson (Current Employee) –  Somerset, KYJuly 20, 2016
I really like this job. I am attempting to secure a better paying position, but this, in now way, is a reflection on this organization.
Life of Rogers Team.
Sales Lead Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lima, OHJuly 14, 2016
This is a well balanced job, with many opportunities to make a difference in someones life. The store works great as a team and can handle their own customer service issues, we can all manage our selves and work together to make our objective easier to reachh
Don't bother.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INJune 10, 2016
The staff is petty, there are constant rumors spread and lies told. Upper management is a joke and the business is shady. Not to mention that they are in cohoots with the competitor and don't provide tools for success which makes it near impossible to earn any money. Favoritism is blatantly obvious at the store level and most of the employees are walking HR violations, including some of your superiors that you would have to approach for assistance. You are constantly told that you're lucky you have a job.
Cons
Management sucks, no organization, no job security
great place to work I learned a lot
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OHMarch 13, 2016
good people to work with
too many standards to meet in the economic area Lorain County
verbally abusive to employees
hardest part of the job was getting sales and credit apps
Pros
commission
Cons
sales expectations too high not enough training
Unprofessional & unstructured
Diamond Consultant/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARMarch 1, 2016
Rogers, Ar store is a complete mess. The managers don't work nights, don't communicate policy, sales, event, and company changes with associates, manager brought baby to store (for a month - newborn) during business hours, argues with husband on store phone for hours at a time, doesn't show up on time for any of her shifts, as well as leaves early constantly, doesn't take ownership for her downfalls, has no care for her employees or for the store but all for her paycheck. Be wary. Business side of this company is awesome, but this store is one I would stay away from.
I loved this store, just needed to move onto a better paying job.
office manager (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYSeptember 25, 2015
I worked with this company from 1994 to 1997, I was office manager and that required lots of knowledge in paperwork, payroll, and etc. I was offered a higher paying job and the company I worked for wouldn't give me a raise to meet what the other company was offering. I at the time was a single mom and I needed the extra money.
Pros
good people and good location.
Cons
they didn't offer medical insurance.