Rogers Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

Kenosha Day Treatment
Child and Adolescent Day Treatment Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIJuly 3, 2018
Stressful, aggressive patients, little support from management, peer colleagues were wonderful. Long hours, pay was not at all competitive with equivalent jobs, no increase or incentive for achieving higher levels of licensure, experience not valued.
great place
Residential Counselor- Adult Focus (Former Employee) –  Oconomowoc, WI 53066June 28, 2018
Great place and very understanding people and helpful people to work with. The benefits are great also. They appreciate their employees. They have a great training program
Good pay but terrible staffing
PCA (Current Employee) –  Brown Deer, WIJune 27, 2018
Nurses are rude to patients and employees and are very lazy! There is never enough staff and the nurses are very racist at the Brown deer location and management does nothing about it.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Staff ratios, offensive comments made by fellow nurses
doesnt live up to what it advertises
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Oconomowoc, WIJune 7, 2018
disappointment . Very back stabbing and gossipy for me.; unprofessional from the top down. Management manages by instilling fear and threats. Dosnt care about employees at all.
I do not wish to provide this
Teacher/School Liaison/Counselor (Current Employee) –  Brown Deer, WIMay 24, 2018
I do not wish to provide this. If someone would like my opinion about my time here they should approach me personally. Whether I provide that information should be at my discretion.
Pros
on site cafeteria with good food and responsible price, most staff are fun to work with
Cons
Always short staffed and high turn over
Fun place to learn the mental health specialty
Pool Registered Nurse in Mental Health (Former Employee) –  Oconomowoc, WIMay 22, 2018
The company's compensation is lower than that of the average RN pay, therefor getting the door to experience or gain exposure to mental health nursing is advisable, then get another job for significantly more pay
Staffing
Intake Specialist (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 16, 2018
This psychiatric hospital is open 24hrs a day. This is wonderful for those who desire help with Mental Health issues or are in need of detoxing from opiods. Unfortunately, towards the evening hours is when an increase of help is appearantly needed and sometimes not enough staff members to meet those needs. On 3rd shift it tends to be a little worse.
Good experience
Patient Safety (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 14, 2018
Rogers provides great experience for those looking to get into the behavioral health field. It does not provide opportunities beyond that. The management is very stuck in their ways. Rogers presents itself as a company that strives to treat their employees with dignity and respect, however, they will not hesitate to sacrifice employee success if it means the hospital benefits.
Pros
great coworkers, good benefits
Cons
management that just doesn't care
A Joke!
URIS (Former Employee) –  The MothershipMarch 2, 2018
Too many arrogant chiefs with their heads in research deciding policy making distant observations about front line staff without thought for consequences. Worst decision I ever made.
Pros
They are not pros.
Cons
It’s a con.
A good job to have after college
Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  Oconomowoc, WIFebruary 27, 2018
If you are going into the mental health field and need experience or a job, this would be a good job to have. You learn so much working in an environment like this and they are always looking for more people to hire. It can be hard working with residents who are there to work on their mental health but it is such a rewarding job.
Poor Management who don't care about employees
Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  West AllisFebruary 23, 2018
I worked at Rogers Memorial Hospital in West Allis for 4 1/2 years. when I first started there I loved what I did, it was patient centered and employees were treated fairly. In the last 2 years, mostly in the last year, there have been a lot of management changes who have not made changes for the better. Employees are stressed out and feel "unheard" from management. It doesn't seem the employee's best interests are taken in to consideration and worse yet, the changes being made are affecting patients in a negative way. 3-4 years ago I would have recommended a job there, but not anymore. I believe in Mental Health and what Rogers stands for, but unfortunately I believe they have drifted far away from that and are a numbers based, micro-managed company.
Pros
rewarding work, patient satisfaction
Cons
Poor management, low pay, stressful, unhappy staff
Great organization
Intake Specialist (Current Employee) –  West Allis, WIFebruary 8, 2018
Rogers Memorial Hospital is a great organization however there is little room for advance, depending on you position. In the admissions department it is difficult to feel like you are heard.
Horrible management but good benefits
Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  Oconomowoc, WIJanuary 31, 2018
Work has a tendency to be all or nothing. Extremely busy or really slow. Constant staff turn over on all levels. Management contributes to low staff morale. While patients come first, recovery or their best interest does not always seem to be priority, rather filling beds are.
Always willing to improve patient care
Child/adolescent Mental Health Inpatient RN (Current Employee) –  Oconomowoc, WIJanuary 31, 2018
Training is lacking as far as hands on help; however a preceptor program has recently begun. They listen to patients and staff - and try to implement changes promptly. Nurses have a lot of autonomy and respect .
Great for first job and that is about all.
Social Worker Adult Inpatient (Current Employee) –  West Allis, WIJanuary 30, 2018
Poor management and has turned into a who knows who for any kind of advancement. No direction for programming and mismanaged priorities. It is a great place for your first job in social services to gain experience and that is about it.
Rogers Memorial Hospital
Clinic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIJanuary 27, 2018
Clinic Assistant - many daily tasks to be done, people skills in person and by phone are absolutely necessary. Workplace culture is good, some pressure from administration to do more than is possible.
Great entry-level opportunities
Patient Care Associate (Pool) - All inpatient (Current Employee) –  Oconomowoc, WIJanuary 24, 2018
RMH offers great entry-level opportunities to those who are looking for such. The work environment is fast-paced, staff is usually very nice and willing to teach newcomers.

Management is usually pretty busy and sometimes not easily reached. However, in general, the entire experience of working here has so far been pretty amazing.
You can work with some excellent clinical team members
Clinical Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Oconomowoc, WIJanuary 21, 2018
I decline to provide at this time; I don't want to post a review on line. Thank you for asking me to. My basics are that there are some very excellent clinical team members and many are very dedicated.
Pros
some very talented clinical team members work here
Cons
decline to answer
Loved working at Rogers, Educating, Advancement Oppertunity
Registered Nurse/House Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 18, 2018
Rogers is a friendly and popular place to work. The people there were helpful and willing to adjust to meet the clients needs. The company is educationally orientated and promotes higher education.
It was productive
Psychiatric Technician (Former Employee) –  Oconomowoc, WIJanuary 13, 2018
Once I arrive a work I would attend a meeting to be informed about the patients there. I would make my rounds every 15 to 30 minutes to check on the patients. I've learn compassion. The management is always there to encourage you when the day becomes stressful. There is always room for advancement.
I would get to hold classes for the patients so they could get the chance to express themselves together. I would work with adults and kids. I would get the chance to tutor the kids when they have to attend a learning class. The kids age limit is under 18 years.They are on a different floor than the adults.
The hardest part of the job is calming the patients down when they are upset. The most enjoyable part of the job is when the patients are calm and they have complete trust in you.
Pros
running a class
Cons
When patients become violent.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rogers Memorial Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.