Rogue Valley Manor Employee Reviews

Beware
msc (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORJune 11, 2019
They will work you to death and you can never do enough for admin. They are always months and months behind in evaluations and pay increases. They stop OT on a dime unless they need you. They will take advantage of you and use you up. Never found to get anything I asked for. Admin doesn't learn their lessons and the staff suffers over and over.
Miserable and sad
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORJune 5, 2019
If you want to be miserable and sad and unable to even walk into the door of your home on your day off and just sit down and relax then this is the place for you. The moment you clock out they are constantly calling you to come in and fill in for Unreliable Co workers. They can't keep anyone.
Cons
Constant calls on day off asking you if you can come in.
A great place to work, but management could use some training in empathy and listening skills.
Human Resources Professional (Current Employee) –  Medford, ORDecember 4, 2018
I love working here! But there is a culture that could use improvement from the top down. Everyone is so busy that they don't listen to the employees on the front line. Training is minimal for front line staff, although directors get a ton of training. It's just that they don't pass it on to those who are affected.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Company culture
Not a bad workplace, just not the best management
CAREGIVER (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORNovember 19, 2018
The job environment wasn't too bad, though stressful as these jobs are. On the job I was injured and didn't realize it until the day after due to being unable to move from a strain on my neck. I went in that day and informed them, telling them that I couldn't work that day due to the pain. They got me into physical therapy and seeing as I was on call, the manager tried to cut my hours completely. The other managers and employees were very professional and kind however. The only drawback to this job as a whole is most positions begin as on call, though the ability to move up is there.
Pros
Decent pay, good atmosphere, professional environment
Cons
Begin as on call, hit or miss with decent management, difficult hours to begin
Awful management
Dishwasher/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORNovember 9, 2018
Management is awful they choose favorites and act like they care but then lose paperwork and change your schedule. I quit due to working conditions and was sent screenshots of the executive chef talking to someone about how he didn’t like me even though he put me on many shifts because I was the only one who worked. The chefs and cooks were nice but management was the worst I’ve experienced.
Easy Work Load
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Medford,ORSeptember 10, 2018
Easy job, management was good, coworkers were great. Enjoyed working there, but day to day was repetitive and the LPN was so into herself and thought she knew everything which drove me away.
Fast paced, amazing place to work at
Server II Catering III (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORAugust 7, 2018
The RVM is a place I would recommend anyone to work at. It is very high end but we always have fun. You definitely connect with the residents and meet amazing coworkers. I learned how to greet and serve the residents and guests of the RVM. Which had to be my most favorite part of the job is connecting with the residents. The management is so helpful and understanding.
It was not a fun place to work
CNA 1 (Former Employee) –  Medford, OR 97504July 14, 2018
It was not fun at Rogue Valley Manor due to management and the way they treat employees. They need training in employee relationships. With that said, I think if this was addressed they would not have such a high turn over rate.
Pros
discounted meals
Cons
managements attitude toward all employees
Great place to work with cool benefits but not a place that gives career advancement
Employee (Current Employee) –  Medford, ORJuly 2, 2018
They advertise you being able to move up in the company but only if you know people and at their time. Definitely a lack of communication in the departments, and management is lacking. The only perks are the pool, weight room, and the relationships you build with the residents. The hardest part is when they pass. But its comforting knowing that you made their stay better.
Pros
pool, gym
Cons
lack of communication between departments and management
Fast and productive work place
Memory Care Specialist, Med Aide (Current Employee) –  Medford, ORApril 2, 2018
It is an enjoyable place to work with good crew members. The residents are very grateful for the help they receive and are very nice to be around. It is a very high pace job and the days move by quickly.
rouge valley manor
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  medford oregonApril 2, 2018
I was in charge the maintenance men for all the work orders in the community. Data entry, multi line phones, Customer service.
Took in rent money. I loved my job there and all the residents.
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
too many jobs at once more that 1 person could do, but I did it
you will gain a lo of knowledge
Jr Custodian (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORMarch 7, 2018
You come in a, punch into the time clock, then you go to your station. You gather, your can, your case with all your solutions, towels and bags. You go to the board and see your assignment. Me I would love doing the trash, as you are empting the thrash, you get to conversate with the occupants. After the trash, you go to bathrooms, me I always wipe down first, it’s easier to remove the dirt this way, starting with the toilets first.
Pros
you learn about things thats been lost
Cons
you see alot of people die
Few people in leadership with any outside experience and it shows.
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORFebruary 8, 2018
It has great Residents and should be a great place to work. It has more resources than any other local retirement community, but it is so poorly administered by Pacific Retirement Services that all that is for naught. Resident care and well-being is a low priority to administration. Promotion and branding of PRS is pushed above all else. A majority of staff in leadership at both RVM and it's parent company started in entry level positions and have zero relevant or outside job experience. There is a paranoia if any new employees suggest a culture change or new approach that quickly turns hostile and ensures that new staff with new ideas don't last. Eventually they get tired of working harder not smarter and leave. The Resident's deserve much better.
Pros
Residents
Cons
Lack of innovation, work hours, incompetent leadership
Should never be your first choice
Cook (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORNovember 15, 2017
When management changed hands it became the worst place to work everyone's shifts got changed and I had to work in different buildings. The human resource department is a joke they don't do anything to help employees and if you go there to ask a question it's like your bothering them and if you go there with a concern or problem they turn it back on you so you feel like you are in the wrong.
Pros
Cons
Management and Human Resources
fast paced
special care assistant (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORNovember 15, 2017
depending on the department of employment reading is adequate and job support is available. multiple levels of management for feedback and support, advancement is available depending on desire. benefits are very good for full time employment. I word definitely consider future employment with this employer.
Not worth it!
Nutritional Services Aide II (Former Employee) –  Medford, OR 97504November 3, 2017
This place isn't worth it applying to at all. Management "loose" day off requests and is unwilling to work with staff that aren't their "favorite".

Toxic work environment. I would not recommend at all.
The worst place I have ever worked.
Assistant to the Executive Director (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORSeptember 15, 2017
The upper management of the Manor was absolutely unwilling to work in any way with the Foundation. They purposely tried to make the work environment so hostile that you wanted to leave as soon as possible.
productive and fun place to work
Cook 3 (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORAugust 24, 2017
i Learned a lots a good thins and safety management. a tipical say at work is being ready every morning with safe staff and doing your obligations, the most enyoyable part of my job was doing your own dishes for breakfast
It was a job.
Caregiver/CNA (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORJune 30, 2017
Constant sitting at a table with magazines, except when wife wanted to stroll about the manor. I learned how to use a sit to stand transfer machine. Management constantly took clients to her daughters upscale restaurant charging them $350 a visit. The hardest part of the job for me was getting there. I did not own a car at the time and walked 2 miles to work everyday.
Pros
Witnessing an agile 95 year old woman with spark.
Cons
Management rarely paid on time or without mistakes on paychecks.
A rewarding experience.
Interim Foundation Director (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORFebruary 26, 2017
The mission of the Rogue Valley Manor Foundation is to enrich the quality of life for Manor residents, for seniors served by affiliate organizations and others in our community. The mission of the Foundation was our guideline for all of our work. It was very fulfilling and stimulating.
Pros
Helping residents.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rogue Valley Manor. Our community is ready to answer.

Rogue Valley Manor Reviews by Location