ROI Communication Employee Reviews

CREATIVE DIRECTOR (Current Employee) –  Scotts Valley, CANovember 5, 2015
ROI has a great culture of trying to achieve the work/life balance for all of its employees. I wanted to expand my role from Creative Director to a project manager based on my years of experience managing all aspects of multiple projects concurrently.

I approached our SV of Talent who took my proposal to the CEO. It was approved. They invest in their employees.

Great firm!
Pros
Work from home (all employees)
Cons
Top heavy management
Talented group of professional communicators
Management Consultant - Employee Communications (Former Employee) –  Scotts Valley, CAOctober 13, 2015
The idea behind ROI Communication is to allow parents to select the hours that they'd like to work and always have a backup to step in if the need ever arises, which ensures a good work/life balance. While compensation is generally good, benefits are provided by the company.

Job security can be an issue as the amount of work/hours that individual employees experience could potentially be more than or less than requested. It is all dependent on how much work the clients have and if they have the budgets to cover this. Often times, client companies experience slow periods, which have a knock on effect on the earnings of ROI employees.

Overall, a fantastic, talented group of people.
Pros
Yearly picnic for employees and their families, as well as an annual working offsite for employees.
Cons
Instability of work and hours.
Loved my job!
Executive Administrator to COO/Leadership Team (Former Employee) –  Scotts Valley, CASeptember 17, 2015
• 40-45 hours per week supporting COO plus other senior consultants.
• Proactively manage extremely fluid and changing MS Outlook calendars. Schedule meetings, conference calls and gather/prepare materials as needed. Act as the liaison with internal and external contacts on all matters relating to scheduling and logistics.
• Research and confirm all domestic and international travel arrangements. Research and book conference rooms for meetings at outside hotels or airline clubs, as necessary.
• Prepare and modify correspondence, such as scheduling requests, client contracts, report templates, etc. Perform internet research as needed and provide summary to consultants.
• Manage incoming emails & calls, deliver/communicate accurate messages and action items. Ask probing questions in order to respond effectively and efficiently.
• Manage and prepare all expense reports/invoices and receipts. Perform account reconciliation to ensure that all expenses are appropriately allocated.
• Assist with large project coordination as needed. Coordinate with internal and external team members to schedule meetings, ensure calendar/timeline aligns with project plan, participate in team calls, assist with data compilation, etc.
• Complete special projects as requested.
Pros
My manager was amazing
Cons
Lack of face to face given virtual job