Roland Berger

Roland Berger Employee Reviews

Good company for professional growth

(+) - challenging and interesting job content - great clients - a lot of travelling (-): - low work / life balance - management is distanced - low bonuses

Fun place to work

Great place to work offering interesting projects, good development opportunities and strong benefits. One of the better consulting companies with an ok work life balance

Roland Berger insights

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Sense of belonging

Good salary for which you pay with your soul

Well-paid job (even if slightly below industry benchmark), great exposure to top managementBehind shiney slides a dog-eat-dog culture with bad people management. Recognition is little available, promotions and individual progress strongly dependent on mentor (no transparency given)

Pros

Well-paid, interesting tasks, travel

Cons

Poor management qualities, no team culture, rat race

Good place for quick advancement, but not great growth in terms of company

If you just want quick advancement up the ranks, irrelevant of project topics or expertise, this is a great place. However, the organization does not really support participating and learning from different areas.

Pros

Not bad salary, tight team

Cons

Bad management

Global companies with opportunities to grow, but be prepared to put the hours in

Good place to be if you are interested in manufacturing (especially automotive space). Very global company with ample opportunities to work with global companies.

Pros

Global, Good projects

Cons

Hours

Bonne expérience générale

Je recommanderais de rejoindre Roland Berger car dans l'ensemble il s'agit d'une bonne entreprise.

Pros

Télétravail, Tickets cinéma réduits, tickets restaurant, participation et intéressement similaires à un 13e mois, déjeuners d'équipe offerts, chèques cadeaux Noël, voyages d'équipe réduits

Cons

Le comportement de certains Managers, salaire peu évolutif malgré la charge de travail

Fair and Productive workplace

Great workplace, a little bit stressful but well paid.Colleague were great and helped me when needed.The company cares a lot about team building, they organize fun activities quite often.

Third tier firm without a uniform company culture

I recommend Roland Berger if this is your only offer. If you have any other offer, choose the other option. Boss company without any structure, process, principles. Everything is case by case and wild west like. Having past work experience, I was negatively surprised with what I observed at a south east asia office, especially with new unprofessional management. My colleagues from Germany said things are relatively different there. Do your due diligence well.

Pros

competitive salary, good friendships, some smart people, good lifestyle at partner level

Cons

Weak/ none bonus, terrible life work balance (prepare to catch sleep on the weekends), weak expertise and internal databases, some partners truly sociopath and even insulting, partners are not a coherent group of leaders they talk behind each others back even curse

Environnement agréable

Je travaillais de 8h à 17h avec une pause d'une heure. Réception des colis, signatures. Enregistrement des colis, et mails aux collaborateurs. Réception des petits déjeuners que j'aurais au préalable commandés la veille. Mise en place des plateaux dans les salles de réunion. Accueil téléphonique et physique. Réservation des salles de réunions ou de projets. Commande de plateaux repas également pour les collaborateurs ou les externes si réunion en soirée.

Pros

l'activité, l'affluence

Cons

la rémunération faible par rapport au travail fourni

lacking in integrity

great perks like summer events but no progression opportunities nor proper training and lack of integration into the overall office team. Management are too strict and prevent you from taking up opportunities for training overseas

Angenehmer Arbeitgeber

Leider ist der UMA Bereich ein Auslaufmodell. Wenn es an einem bestimmten Standort keine Arbeitsplätze mehr gibt, kann auch der Arbeitgeber nichts ändern. Alles in allem ist dieser Arbeitgeber aber sehr loyal und auch nicht geizig.

Quite fine but ....

It is fine to work here but . They are paying you Rm6.50 for an hour . Paying you by that amount but keep pushing you to reach sales a day like you are being paid for Rm10 per hour . This company is fine as the team leader is very kind to us ( Employee ) That is the only issue about the salary overal it is fine

Ambitieuze en ouderwetse organisatie

Een professionele organisatie waar veel te leren valt. Alleen als consultant zal je hier weinig daglicht zien.

Pros

Ontwikkeling

Cons

Werkdruk

Environnement de travail très agréable

Je regrette mon départ de chez eux, je recommande chaudement cette entreprise pour comprendre comment devrais fonctionner le management en France, une vrai source. Coucou et bravo aux service SG! dodo35

Pros

il savent faire la fête

Cons

il savent très bien faire la fête

Productive working places

I worked on a Public-Private Partnership project to consult an energy firm on its entry into a foreign market. To support the team’s hypothesis, I acquired and consolidated valid information from multiple sources ranging from policy documents to annual reports of listed companies to authoritative industry reports. When we were trying to assess the demand for the industry by region, I helped collect official data and made graphic presentations to visualize the average temperature forecast based on 900,000 pieces of data from more than 800 stations in a country. This served as a very insightful reference for the team to predict the market needs in each province. On a daily basis, I also contributed to create PowerPoint slides to showcase stats and graphs, researched rivals by cold calls to formulate an in-depth market and competitor analysis report and produced expert interview memo as benchmark analysis for client’s reference.

Small team and great projects

Long working hours Consultants offer advice and expertise to organisations to help them improve their business performance in terms of operations, profitability, management, structure and strategy.

Sehr gute Ausbildung

Roland Berger bietet eine hervorragende Ausbildung

Professional

The collaborative and professional working environment in Malvern Panalytical gave me great inspiration. I appreciate it very much that they provided me the platform where I can contribute my leadership and management skills.

no work-life-balance and no training program.

Cannot compete with MBB. There is no work-life-balance and no training program for the entry level employees.

Cons

a LOT of overtime work.

Great Salary

The most professional experience I ever have encountered anywhere. Lots of pressure but the bonification exceeded expectations. Rigid politics and tension.

versagtes Management System

Rolandberger China is totally out of control, no any company Governance and internal control system, they even dont have an ERP system for salary and compensation, all things were calulated within a excel sheet.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Roland Berger. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits