Rolfson Oil Employee Reviews

Dont work for this company
Sales (Former Employee) –  EverwhereSeptember 16, 2019
This has to be the worst company in the oilfield. They. Promise you everything. But you get nothing in return.. pay isn't the best .. manager are unorganized
Pros
Cons
To many to list
Not a good company
Diesel fuel truck driver (Former Employee) –  North Dakota, ColoradoSeptember 7, 2019
This company is all over the place. Every employee is new, they are not consistent with work you may sit a couple weeks without pay until a new frac opens up. The money is very good and the equipment is bad leaky trucks diesel everywhere. I never had a truck with A/C. I would not recommend working here unless you are down and out.
following direction and follow standard safety procedures was fun and a life experience
Fuel Technician (Current Employee) –  Watford City, NDAugust 23, 2019
following direction and follow standard safety procedures; safely filling tanks of all types and sizes using various size hoses, nozzles, and fittings; safely using various hand tools such as pipe wrenches, crescent wrenches, and , hammers; accurately completes paperwork as required.
Cons
healthly care
Was great company
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Watford City, NDAugust 20, 2019
Was great company to work for got endless hours working for them and got free housing. And was treated pretty well the workers and environment was awesome
Dispatch Management Extremely Stressful & Rude
Transportation Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Roxborough Park, COAugust 20, 2019
Dispatch Management uses extremely rude condescending comments to inspire his team. Grabbing phones and keyboards from your hands at will with no apologies. Do not expect training like is promised. You will be thrown to the pit and expected to just know. If you defend your self you will be told you need THICK SKIN TO WORK HERE. Being treated like a child seems to be the normal. No Human Resource Dept!
Great Place To Work
Frac & Yard Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Watford City, NDAugust 15, 2019
Rolfson Oil is a fast paced work environment with travel opportunities as well as room for growth in your career.

It’s a work environment with a close family feel that is hard to get in this market.

I highly recommend this company for anybody looking to build a career.
Very good company, it has been a pleasure to work for such a good company!!
Transport Driver (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXAugust 15, 2019
I have been with Rolfson Oil for almost 5 years, and I have really enjoyed working here, the management team are very knowledgeable and they have helped me to become the driver I am today. With any new job there will be growing pains, but rolfson has made my experience very good, I would highly recommend coming to work here!!!
** A good company to work for in my opinion.
Mechanic/Driver (Current Employee) –  Wyoming/DenverAugust 14, 2019
I’ve worked at multiple oil and gas companies and Rolfson Oil takes care of their employees. They also pay competitively, for Driver’s and Mechanic’s . It’s oilfield people pay your bills off, save your money enjoy your time off with family and friends. Also there making some great choices financially to weather the industry. They will grow considerably in the future. Just my thoughts
Pros
Pay, Job security, Team atmosphere
Cons
None be ready to work.
Racism in office
TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXJuly 22, 2019
There is no good reason to work for this company. They penalize you for taking a day off no matter the reason and the managers are racist. The manager is Also the brother of the owner so there is no limit to his unfairness and no Penalty for his actions
Pros
Money
Cons
Everything else
Beware I repeat beware of this dungeon !
Slave frac driver (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXJuly 14, 2019
Stay as far as you can from rolfson foil. This has gotta be the absolute worst company in west tx. Chapter 1. The living conditions let's say are modem day concentration camps. Management is unorganized. Equipment is from Sandford and son 60s 70s type. No ac so enjoy the fun in the sun! So if you decide to go to Hitler's fueling just remember to stay Ballin The Jack LMAO.
Poor equipment and management.
Fuel Driver (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 12, 2019
Equipment breaking down daily and rarely getting fixed. No real management, very unorganized. Might get 50 hours 1 week then 30 the next week. They lure you in with above average hourly pay but once hired you soon realize the catch. Much better companies out here to work for.
Pros
Decent hourly pay
Cons
Management, equipment, short hours
Dont waste your time
Fuel Transport Driver (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 7, 2019
Cant figure out how this place is still open. Management does not care about employees they act like they do but they dont. They tell you they will take care of issues and you will never see anything done
Pros
Good Money
Cons
place is a joke
Awful folks drivers are scumbags. Steer clear of these kids!!!
Experienced Associate (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXJune 26, 2019
Yard boss is a sadist and anti driver type. He likes to push drivers to fight him physically. Very bad housing and toilet and kitchen sink fill up with rotten water from other apts. GROSS Folks! HR Treats drivers like garbage is there forte!!!
Pros
Nobe at all
Cons
Awful workplace
Feel cheated
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Artesia, NMJune 20, 2019
If you fail driving test they will not compensate you fairly for time and gas you put into onboarding process. unless you live close to their terminal I wouldn't risk it.
Pros
Clean housing
Cons
everything else
My HR manager was great to work with and was extremely professional!
HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXJune 19, 2019
I would not recommend working at this company. I was only employed for a few weeks before they let me go due me being tardy a few times ( which I completely understand but I have no control over a flat tire or the fact I was rear ended on my way to the office), and most of the time, my own manager was running late as well. They also had an issue with me taking my lunch early for a doctors appointment. I was completely blindsided when they let me go. What’s so frustrating about the whole situation is I didn’t even have the proper resources, login capabilities or working equipment to complete the job I was hired to do. It was extremely frustrating. I’m also extremely disappointed they didn’t sit down and give me a written warning about the concerns they had. This was typical protocol with everyone I witnessed at the company although In the three weeks I was employed, I sat in on number of calls while a verbal statement was read to the employee regarding their termination with the company. In all my working experience, I’ve never seen so many people let go in such a short amount of time. They are constantly looking for drivers but they are unable to keep good hands because of they refuse to offer competitive pay. As an HR Assistant, I was only making $15.00 and that certainly wasn’t enough considering The high cost of living in Midland.
Pros
The Midland HR manager is very professional and is extremely knowledgeable about the company.
Cons
Too many to list
No job security or advancement opportunities
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 19, 2019
Work here only if you're desperate. The managers and owners seem to enjoy getting rid of people, tormenting employees, and no desire to innovate. Weird cult mentality with some employees that will report to managers for any reason...
Pros
Free monday lunches
Cons
Absolutely worst benefits offered and no - NO - PTO.
Stay away from this company
Driver (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYJune 1, 2019
By far the worst company I have ever worked for in my 35 years of trucking.
I would think that a company this size to have their act together, but not even close. Management? What management? The equipment if sub par at the best. They don't have assigned trucks, so it's first come, first serve. So with that being said, you have to come to work one to two hours early to get in a truck with no clocking in early ( no pay ). There is also not enough work, so even at$35 hr at 20 hrs a week , the pay sucks
Pros
Cons
Lots
Dispatch very manipulative
Hazmat Driver (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXMay 13, 2019
$35 per hour but no job security. You can be there today and gone tommorow if you make dispatch mad. Worked here twice and wouldn't go back for $40 per hour if offered to me.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Work environment. Driver/dispatch relationship is always tense.
Temporary employment
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXMay 10, 2019
2 star for a reason, porr used equipment, nothing is owned, will pack up and leave town again. How still open is a mystery . Forced to use own vehicle as no. Company service truck. Will RIP you off last paycheck. Pay you minimum wage last week
Pros
Weekly paid
Cons
Too many to list. Junk equipment for main one
Awesome night work crew, Rolfson is getting new equipment, Shhhhh!
Fuel Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXMay 7, 2019
Rolfson is expanding customer base, fun and exciting place to work for dispatch is readily available to questions. They se habla espanol.................................................................
Pros
tme off generous
Cons
Need location in Orla