Rolfson Oil
Happiness rating is 38 out of 100

Rolfson Oil Job Security & Advancement reviews

I wasn't treated unfairly at this company. Terminated for asking questions, they didn't want to accommodate me for doing extra and they didn't have housing when i was working there so you had to fimd a place to stay.
Cons
Terminated for no reason
This company stabilized drivers many of us got there behind on expenses, after a few weeks things were back at normal with good paychecks Free housing , a lot of work hours
Pros
Hourly pay if anything goes wrong still earning
Cons
No response to time off requested
Work-life balanceWork-life balance at Rolfson Oil is a little chaotic at times you work your shift go home but are required to leave to go out of state with little notice sometimes as little as 5 hour notice with little regard with personal life or schedulesPay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at Rolfson Oil are pat was great at first then the Covid hit and pay got dropped ten dollars then slowly the hours and work vanishedJob security and advancementIn terms of job security at Rolfson Oil, I think job security is mostly based on work load if there rigs and grace to deliver fuel to your pretty much safe but the minute those disappear so does the job security and the chances of getting laid off go upManagementIn general, managers at Rolfson Oil couldn’t tell u never answered to managers only dispatchCultureCollaboration with my colleagues at Rolfson Oil is very little work independentlyOverallMy experience working at Rolfson Oil it was great at first learned a new skill and gained experience but towards the end it wasn’t so great mostly due to loss of work and pay cuts
I loved the job and learned a lot. For the 2 months I worked here i was laid off or I would still.be there i hope they call me back when thus is over.
What started out as a good opportunity slowly turned into downhill ride for everyone. Health insurance was changed a couple of times for cheaper ones. Pay was disguised with a blend method to cheat you out of cents nickels and dimes. Drivers were paid $30 per hour. After a few months the company started letting people go to hire cheaper employees. Do you really think they were there to help you?
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
A great company if you're looking to stay in one position and not looking for any advancement whatsoever. Overall, good learning experience and good intro into the oil industry.
Rolfson Oil is a fast paced work environment with travel opportunities as well as room for growth in your career. It’s a work environment with a close family feel that is hard to get in this market. I highly recommend this company for anybody looking to build a career.
I’ve worked at multiple oil and gas companies and Rolfson Oil takes care of their employees. They also pay competitively, for Driver’s and Mechanic’s . It’s oilfield people pay your bills off, save your money enjoy your time off with family and friends. Also there making some great choices financially to weather the industry. They will grow considerably in the future. Just my thoughts
Pros
Pay, Job security, Team atmosphere
Cons
None be ready to work.
If you like constant chaos with no resolution, equipment that is failing constantly, no job security, no paid time off, and an HR that’s an absolute joke this place is for you. Dispatch used to be decent but has completely fallen off in past few months. Driving into location you are never certain how you will be greeted or if you’re in the right place. Management doesn’t care about any of it’s employees and everyone is replaceable. Unless you absolutely desperate do not work here.
$35 per hour but no job security. You can be there today and gone tommorow if you make dispatch mad. Worked here twice and wouldn't go back for $40 per hour if offered to me.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Work environment. Driver/dispatch relationship is always tense.
poorly run company by very young individuals, reactive instead of proactive, cant compete with bigger companies, no training what so ever. Horrible communication within the company.
Need help in management very very very unorganized and very very very poor management they will have you everywhere but where u actually need to be just come for the money u will not get any raise and they treat their fuel technicians like nothing and they do most of the work but the drivers get all the credit
DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME- Management is absolutely horrendous. Starting with the interview process. They will waste your time. Leave you hanging for call backs. Zero follow up, unanswered emails while they continue to look for other candidates. Then out of the blue they will call you and offer you a job. They promise a great working environment. Boundless opportunity. Once you start working there it will kick in on what a horrible mistake you made for not heeding the red flags and gross lack of professionalism.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
If you have a secured, well paying job...DO NOT ACCEPT THIS POSITION. They hire 2 people at a time and typically fire one within the first week. Sure it’s great fast money, but not worth the stress. The owners are supposedly ‘very religious’ but they do NOT care for their employees what so ever! I have worked here for over a year and there has never been a day or week I have not been afraid of losing my job. EVERYONE who has worked for them has been fired within a year MOST within a week. Rolfson Oil should be ashamed of themselves for the way they treat their employees. Do yourself a favor and DO NOT WORK FOR THEM! AND DEFINITELY DO NOT LEAVE A JOB FOR THEM.
Pros
Company Vehicle, company cell phone
Cons
Micromanagement
I don't have anything to say about this company at this time.. I was not there long enough to have a positive or negative review of this company. They cannot keep salespeople
Rolfson Oil was just a temporary job, busy with challenges, work for 2 business, worked on the accounts receivable on anything over 30 to 90 days. Got the receivable all caught up and also help out typing letter for the attorney.
Pros
Temp. job paid parking
Cons
location, temp job.
They seen to be a good company but they have lot of room to improve their business they are very poor with communication, fixing equipment, very relax company
Pros
pay is good
Cons
lack of communication, equipment
This company has the potential to be a great company. But it is new and just starting up in Texas so their are a lot of mistakes made and a lot of decisions that have a adverse impact
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Managers never had anything organized and when you'd call dispatch they would never return any answers to the questions you asked. If you complained they would put you on vacation for a month to punish you.
Pros
Cons
All of it
I do not want to offer a review for Rolfson Oil except that they paid well but that's all. No structure or predictability to their management style. I never knew if I was going to work on a particular day. I just had to wait around to see if they would call. Probably the worst job I had ever held.
Interesting and fun working environment. The company has many opportunities for those employees who work hard and maintain some level of disciple and respect for others
  1. Job Security & Advancement